Keyshawn and Greeny nail it

AFJF

12 hours ago, rangerous said:

greeny is, was and has always been a complete moron.  want to give him a pass because he's a jets fan?  i wouldn't.  as for the game there's not much to be said or hasn't been said.  they played a bad game against a team that was more ready to play than they were.  it happens.  and it's only one game.  sure one game means a lot in a 16 game season but there's still a lot of football to play and there are some bright parts to build on.

Oh bless your heart, 40 year Jet fan here.  I remember when I had blind hope.  Lost that 5 years ago.  Now I'm numb. 

Got a new Jets Shirt:

il_340x270.2387306678_5534.jpg

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

12 hours ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

Gase needs to go but Sam Darnold is a problem. He isn't developing, he's actually regressing as a QB.

The offense looks atrocious. There's no creativity, and they play a lateral game when they should be playing a downfield game. 

Darnold has yet to prove he can ecen constantly make down field throws.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

12 hours ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

Gase needs to go but Sam Darnold is a problem. He isn't developing, he's actually regressing as a QB.

The offense looks atrocious. There's no creativity, and they play a lateral game when they should be playing a downfield game. 

Gase is doing the same things. Sam is regressing. I think it’s obvious where the problem lies. 

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Xtina said:

Gase is doing the same things. Sam is regressing. I think it’s obvious where the problem lies. 

The problem has got to be Gase surely. The evidence is out there. Tannehill is looking decent with decent coaching. It frustrates me that when I watch highlights of other low to mid level teams and see them put some semblance of offence together. We just can't do it. It is soul destroying and the fact one game has destroyed an off-season of albeit blind hope.

I want to see Darnold with decent coaching before judging him. I mean Minshew. Drew Locke, even Daniel Jones look like they can run an an offence. Darnold cannot be a bust. I would rather have an interim than Gase the rest of the way.

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, JetHammer said:

I want to see Darnold with decent coaching before judging him. I mean Minshew. Drew Locke, even Daniel Jones look like they can run an an offence. Darnold cannot be a bust. I would rather have an interim than Gase the rest of the way.

It will be too late. Even if you accept that Gase is hampering Darnold and I believe he is, as well as just everyone else, you can't persist with bad play. Players can only be judged on what they do, not what they may do in another situation.

I've been defensive of Darnold in the past but he has to start showing actual good play. This is his third season and the same problems are persisting. He has 15 games to tidy that sh*t up or he's going to be gone. We're going to be picking very high. I don't think this team is even good enough to pick up the meaningless draft killing wins we've had in the past. It's that bad. 

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, JetHammer said:

Darnold cannot be a bust.

why not? draftniks are never wrong? most high;y picked qbs arent very good. and its not cos they were on bad teams. colts were bad. manning. akili smith? mariota? leinhart? rosen? leaf? manziel? russell? harrington? carr? bortles? they were "ruined"? no. they were overrated. ya think bill walsh coulda made HOFers outta those stiffs?

22 hours ago, AFJF said:

Not a huge fan of either guy, but can't argue with what they're saying here.

Not excusing Gase, but that is ridiculous. As bad as the Jets played, if Darnold hits Crowder instead of running out of bounds for a 5 yard loss it's 21-17 goin into the 4th quarter. Gase DID NOT do a good job, but to simply say he is the problem is stupid and simplistic.

21 hours ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

Gase is terrible. 

But i gotta put some blame on JD here.  How did he think it would be a good idea to strut breshad perriman out there as our #1 wr? He's a #5 wr  at best on any other team.

Sam is being ruined right in front of our eyes. What qb could succeed with this roster? 3 years in and we haven't given him any weapons. We give him 38 yr old rbs, (gore) Career journeyman (hogan) and undrafted free agents. We have set him up for failure. 

The supporting cast darnold has is downright criminal.

But yea let's get rid of sam. let's draft Trevor Lawrence, because we definetly won't ruin him.?

Sam had guys wide open and never even saw them all game. Can’t blame that on Gase... in fact Joe Flacco would have had them in the game.