Chat Room - Need Feedback

Maxman

Guys as I mentioned the other day we are moving to the new server this week. We are also in the process of setting up some new features.

We rely on your feedback, I hope you all realize that at this point. So many enhancements that have been implemented so far have come from your requests. And we do appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts because the end result is a better product here at Jet Nation.

We need to know how you would like to use the Chat Room. There are a few different options available to us. Depending on your feedback we can make the best selection. Would you prefer that that chat room stay "open" 24/7? Or do you think it should only be used for draft day, game days, celebrity chats?

Please tell us your thoughts! Also please note that the Chat Room will only be available to Registered Members.

Thanks!

i say leave it open for special events -

I know during the season on the away games i would log into the Yahoo chat Jets room and discuss the game as it was being played..

It would be a lot easier than to keep posting - before you know it one thread will have 500 posts

I still don't understand the difference between a chat room and this message board.

I don't really understand the necessity for it.

have you ever been on the yahoo chat during jets games....its pretty cool..no refreshing, you see what everyone writes and you respond instantly to someones idiotic comments.....hehe...GG,ME,DJ,BERGEN and a bunch of others were on this past season...pretty cool

I still don't understand the difference between a chat room and this message board.

I am assumoing he maens the chat room would be like Instant Messenger. Instantaneous conversations back and forth.

Right now we have the flood control set real low. As time goes on that might have to change. A chat room lets you post pretty quickly. Bascially having "real time" discussions. Posting in a thread delays that a bit.

Also a chat room is a little more secure because it will be open to Members Only. The atmosphere tends to be a little more relaxed.

And it makes "Celebrity Chats" much easier. People can ask questions and have them answered immediately.

There are other benefits that I will detail once we finalize the selection process.

But Gang Green Girl please let me add that I thank you for your question. Your feedback is important to us. You are a valued Member of JetNation.

Right now we have the flood control set real low. As time goes on that might have to change. A chat room lets you post pretty quickly. Bascially having "real time" discussions. Posting in a thread delays that a bit.

Also a chat room is a little more secure because it will be open to Members Only. The atmosphere tends to be a little more relaxed.

And it makes "Celebrity Chats" much easier. People can ask questions and have them answered immediately.

There are other benefits that I will detail once we finalize the selection process.

But Gang Green Girl please let me add that I thank you for your question. Your feedback is important to us. You are a valued Member of JetNation.

Just remember Max- without GGG you and TS would be nothing-aim to please her above all others!

I am assumoing he maens the chat room would be like Instant Messenger. Instantaneous conversations back and forth.

SJ...yes you are correct sir.

Also no graphics so things everything flows much faster.

Here is a sample Chat from last year:

TomShane: Chad drops back

Bitonti: WATCH THE BLITZ

GreenGal: :D

Maxman: Get rid of it

Savage: You see the flame Herm has going on the grill today? Wow they are going to need extra BBQ sauce.

HappyJack: I just farted. Can anyone else smell that? That reminds me of a song that the Who wrote. I will start a thread on it on the main forum.

TomShane: Chad throws it to Becht

PatsFanTx: Noodle Arm

Gang Green Girl: Oh Tex you are so funny. And sexy.

Bitonti: Becht drops it

GreenGal: :evil:

100 Members All At Once: BECHT SUCKS

Young Jets Fan: The thing in Becht doesn't really suck. Although Chad made a nice pass and adjusted to the blitz in proper fashion that ball was still tough for Anthony to hang on to. Even though it hit him in the hands, he bobbled it before dropping it, it really isn't his fault. (Insert Louie Armstrong - What A Wonderful World music here). Truthfully there is too much pressure on athletes today. I suggest we all just relax, enjoy the game, root for our Jets and not worry so much about the outcome.

Gang Green Girl: I llllooooovvvvveeeee TomShane.

TomShane: Hey Young Gerbil Smuggler, the JETS SUCK.

Savage: You see the flame Herm has going on the grill today? Wow they are going to need extra BBQ sauce.

HappyJack: I just farted. Can anyone else smell that? That reminds me of a song that the Who wrote. I will start a thread on it on the main forum.

Young Jets Fan: The thing in Becht doesn't really suck. Although Chad made a nice pass and adjusted to the blitz in proper fashion that ball was still tough for Anthony to hang on to. Even though it hit him in the hands, he bobbled it before dropping it, it really isn't his fault. (Insert Louie Armstrong - What A Wonderful World music here). Truthfully there is too much pressure on athletes today. I suggest we all just relax, enjoy the game, root for our Jets and not worry so much about the outcome.

Max,

Who the hell wrote that for you? :shock:

That is funny as hell.

The YJF line is a friggn' classic. :lol::lol::lol:

Max,

Who the hell wrote that for you? :shock:

That is funny as hell.

The YJF line is a friggn' classic. :lol::lol::lol:

this agreeing with Tx thing sucks... but yes max very funny. love the little mouse smiley :lol::lol::lol: :wink: :spin:

[quote name='"Maxman

[u']Young Jets Fan: The thing in Becht doesn't really suck. Although Chad made a nice pass and adjusted to the blitz in proper fashion that ball was still tough for Anthony to hang on to. Even though it hit him in the hands, he bobbled it before dropping it, it really isn't his fault. (Insert Louie Armstrong - What A Wonderful World music here). Truthfully there is too much pressure on athletes today. I suggest we all just relax, enjoy the game, root for our Jets and not worry so much about the outcome.

[.

LOL That was pretty funny. Not accurate but funny. My responses would be that long but I would never write any of those types of things.

gg, I loved all your insightful football comments during the game that Max described. :shock:

there was a football game going on??? this is a football board??? :ahhh::shock: why didn't anyone tell me??? what team do we like?? ;):lol: OY

Tx:

I used to be semi funny. The pressures of being a WebMaster have taken their toll on me though.

Actually Max I Thought you were very Funny!! I miss

that Maxie!! :cry: Of course I have no taste..I

think Tom and Tex are funny too!! Reminds me of what

my Dear old Granny used to say,She said; Son Marry a

Woman with Good taste..I said..Gran I rather have a

Woman that tastes Good!! :mrgreen:=D>

Actually Max I Thought you were very Funny!! I miss

that Maxie!! :cry: Of course I have no taste..I

think Tom and Tex are funny too!! Reminds me of what

my Dear old Granny used to say,She said; Son Marry a

Woman with Good taste..I said..Gran I rather have a

Woman that tastes Good!! :mrgreen:=D>

The scary part is this is probably a real conversation that you had! :shock:

:lol:

:lol: That was good Max.

I think a chat room for special events woulod be great

Otherwise I think it would be reduce the number of posts created on the board

I like the board....so I vote no to a chat room all the time

Chatroom for game day is a must,but i don't see the need for us to have one all the time.

Leave the chatroom open ALL THE TIME.

What sense is there in closing it? Give people the choice of where to communicate with each other.

You can always advertise special chats, such as celebrity chats, draft day, game day, etc.

Only allow Patsies fans in on special occasions, though, like the sixth Tuesday of each month, or St. Stromblad's Day.

Leave the chatroom open ALL THE TIME.

What sense is there in closing it? Give people the choice of where to communicate with each other.

You can always advertise special chats, such as celebrity chats, draft day, game day, etc.

Only allow Patsies fans in on special occasions, though, like the sixth Tuesday of each month, or St. Stromblad's Day.

I agree with this too.

Archived