A thread for Gase supporters

WowOhWow

4 minutes ago, Y3k said:

I had hopes for Gase yesterday but his play calling is too predictable. There is no miss direction, there is no play action, no roll outs for Darnold. No easy "gimme" plays to get the QB into a rythm. 

Forget play calling!  Forget misdirection!  The team was not prepared!  They were a joke out there.  This must stop.  

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

4 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

I’m by no means a “Gase Supporter” but I am realistic about the team, which leaves me in the same position I was in with Bowles.

No one is winning with this team.  The QB sucks, the WRs suck, the RB sucks, the defense sucks.

We spent 4 high picks on a QB too scared to throw at the combine and he’s the same, limited, reckless player he was in college.

We spent the 3rd overall pick on a DT who already... already looks to be a massive bust.

The huge FA overspend will have played 1 game in two seasons.

We’ve been the leagues worst drafting team for a decade, and that’s not hyperbole, there’s actual data to support it.  The damage done by Maccagnan is going to take years to undo.

The average NFL fan could name three players on this team, two long past third prime RBs and a bad QB.

If there was an expansion draft, there’s no one besides this years draft class, and maybe... maybe Maye, you’d hate to lose.  You’d literally beg a team to take last years #3 overall pick.

So, am I a Gase fan?  Of course not.  I hated the hire.  But if the opponent had to tell us their plays in advance, I’m still not sure we’re a playoff team.

Can Joe Douglas draft well?  Can he find a QB?  Can he avoid overpays?  These are the only questions that speak to our success.  Gase is irrelevant.  Blaming him is wishful thinking that this all could be better with one change, and better quickly.  It can’t, and it won’t.  The situation is that bad.

I still have no idea who the hell #44 on defense is. The kick is he was about the third best player on defense yesterday. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, Barry McCockinner said:

You've been defending Gase for a long time now. 

Embarrassed Shame GIF

I have, based on how bad the job was when he took it and who else was willing to take it. Of all those candidates, Gase was the best hire because he, at least, waged a coup and showed Chris Johnson the light. McCarthy doesn’t do that. Rhule doesn’t do that. Gase will be remembered as a bad coach, but he issued a course correction that put the team on positive footing moving forward. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1

3 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Mike McCarthy’s Cowboys put up 17 points with yesterday with All Pro caliber players at seven different positions on offense, so your alternatives were also very bad. 

I watched that game closely because i was a McCarthy booster when compared to Gase and while the Cowboys didnt look like world beaters they certainly looked like an NFL team which is more than the Jets looked in that first half. 

i for one truly hope that Gase can get a magic potion and turn this around because yesterday was brutal.  

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

7 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I have, based on how bad the job was when he took it and who else was willing to take it. Of all those candidates, Gase was the best hire because he, at least, waged a coup and showed Chris Johnson the light. McCarthy doesn’t do that. Rhule doesn’t do that. Gase will be remembered as a bad coach, but he issued a course correction that put the team on positive footing moving forward. 

McCarthy and Rhule don't come in and ruin the best QB prospect we've had since Pennington. Neither does Bienemy.

McCagnan was going to be shown the door sooner than later regardless of the HC. You're crediting Gase with something that he may have had a hand in and has nothing to do with his role as a HC. ?

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 2

There are a few things you can point to in favor of Gase:

1. The team stayed together and did finish well despite as horrific a start to the season as you can

2. The offense was better after Sam met with Gase and he made adjustments. To my eyes yesterday's offense seemed more like the "Gase" offense that Sam did not do well in. Gase needs to do the same thing and tailor the offense to Sam this year. If people remember, Rex did the same thing with defense. He would roll out with his full super complicated defense every season. D will struggle he would simplify and it would improve. Let's see what the offense looks like next week

3. The players seem to be behind him.

That's all I got and #2 is sort of only half positive. Not a fan of the guy, for a "offensive" guy to my eye his schemes and playcalling suck gangrene afflicted donkey balls.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

I’m by no means a “Gase Supporter” but I am realistic about the team, which leaves me in the same position I was in with Bowles.

No one is winning with this team.  The QB sucks, the WRs suck, the RB sucks, the defense sucks.

We spent 4 high picks on a QB too scared to throw at the combine and he’s the same, limited, reckless player he was in college.

We spent the 3rd overall pick on a DT who already... already looks to be a massive bust.

The huge FA overspend will have played 1 game in two seasons.

We’ve been the leagues worst drafting team for a decade, and that’s not hyperbole, there’s actual data to support it.  The damage done by Maccagnan is going to take years to undo.

The average NFL fan could name three players on this team, two long past third prime RBs and a bad QB.

If there was an expansion draft, there’s no one besides this years draft class, and maybe... maybe Maye, you’d hate to lose.  You’d literally beg a team to take last years #3 overall pick.

So, am I a Gase fan?  Of course not.  I hated the hire.  But if the opponent had to tell us their plays in advance, I’m still not sure we’re a playoff team.

Can Joe Douglas draft well?  Can he find a QB?  Can he avoid overpays?  These are the only questions that speak to our success.  Gase is irrelevant.  Blaming him is wishful thinking that this all could be better with one change, and better quickly.  It can’t, and it won’t.  The situation is that bad.

Well said.  Cant argue any of it.

Adam Gase didnt miss wide open receivers.  Adam Gase didnt throw another stupid pick down 2 scores.  Adam Gase didnt take a UDFA rookie style sack when trying to lead a comeback.  he didnt fumble a kick off or on a screenplay, missed tackles, back breaking penalties, etc.

All that said, he's terrible and cant be the guy to lead this team going forward after this season.

JD needs to pick his guy and we need to do this right. GM picks HC, GM/HC pick QB, GM/HC build around QB.  GM/HC/QB die together.  The last 3 ways this team went through a change were absolutely moronic. 

• Upvote 2