A thread for Gase supporters

WowOhWow

This should be a quiet thread.  Everyone knows Gase sucks.  The disappointment from yesterday isn't about Gase, it's about Darnold. 

The reason for the hire was to groom Darnold so yes Gase got to go because they play of the QB reflect how bad the coaching has been.. how does a kid with a lot of talent regressed so bad. Coaching!

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

Adam Gase is 6-3 over his last 9 games.  Hardly a time to panic.

If Darnold plays well and the D makes a few tackles yesterday, we win the game.

SAR I

Elite QB probably does win the game.  The problem is Sam isn't an elite QB and/or Gase can't get it out of him.  More than likely Sam is not mature enough and smart enough to be put in the spot the Jets have put him in for 3 straight years.  He has been thrown into an inferno and is burning up.  Gase may well be a good coach but he may not have the balls to sit Sam until he's ready.  It may well be that both Sam and Gase aren't ready for the big leagues or both of them are simply in an impossible situation.

We're really in a tough spot.  Both of them are going to have to fight their way out of this or we are going to be drafting a QB next year and turn him over to a new HC.  

I'm not a big believer that the first game of the season or even the first 2 or 3 games are indicative of what Sam or Gase are.   It's pretty clear that yesterday was a bad day for both of them.  Sometimes it just doesn't work.  Sam may not have the mentality as a young man to carry this franchise.  Gase may be in an impossible situation and not have the integrity to shut Sam down?  I think they are both tied to the hip at this point and the failure of one will mean the end for both of them with the NYJ.

I also don't think the failure of Mayfield and Rosen reflects well on the class.  It may well be that the 3 can't miss prospects are all busts. 

I think people fail to realize that this dude bounced on his wife, 5 minutes after she gave birth in the hospital. He ate pizza every night as the coach for the dolphins and was evening calling players past midnight to talk ball. All of this extra effort and extra hours put in, to still suck. Like...just think about that. For the dude to be working THAT MANY MORE HOURS than some coaches and still be mediocre AT BEST, is all you need to know. He needs to get fired, hes certifiably insane and hopped up on adderall. 

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, MARTIN said:

I think people fail to realize that this dude bounced on his wife, 5 minutes after she gave birth in the hospital. He ate pizza every night as the coach for the dolphins and was evening calling players past midnight to talk ball. All of this extra effort and extra hours put in, to still suck. Like...just think about that. For the dude to be working THAT MANY MORE HOURS than some coaches and still be mediocre AT BEST, is all you need to know. He needs to get fired, hes certifiably insane and hopped up on adderall. 

This

• Upvote 1

How has he held his players accountable?  It seems the coach who holds players accountable is on the defense side of the ball... at least when someone is not performing, they get benched.  When has AG done that? 

BTW - what is his W-L record. That is what counts... 

3 hours ago, Jets4realz said:

The reason for the hire was to groom Darnold so yes Gase got to go because they play of the QB reflect how bad the coaching has been.. how does a kid with a lot of talent regressed so bad. Coaching!

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

He hasn't regressed. He's literally the same QB he was year 1. Coaches can't coach decision making

2 minutes ago, choon328 said:

He hasn't regressed. He's literally the same QB he was year 1. Coaches can't coach decision making

Coaches can absolutely coach decision making, but you cant teach someone something you arent good at yourself. 

Somewhat off topic, but I'd like to give a big f*ck you to Peyton Manning. First, he spurns the Jets by staying at Tennessee his senior year. Then, he beats the Jets in the 2009 championship. Now, as his swan song, he ruined Darnold by recommending Gase to Chris Johnson. Peyton, GFY.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Coaches can absolutely coach decision making, but you cant teach someone something you arent good at yourself. 

They can't hold the QB's hand while he's playing.  They can certainly talk about it during film work but its the QBs responsibility to carry it to the field.  Which Darnold hasn't. 

3 minutes ago, choon328 said:

They can't hold the QB's hand while he's playing.  They can certainly talk about it during film work but its the QBs responsibility to carry it to the field.  Which Darnold hasn't. 

Hes made good decisions in his career to show he has the ability to do so. It's not like he has never made a single positive contribution. His bad ones just outweigh his good ones right now. 

Its literally the coaches job to put him in a position to NOT have to make his decision making process so hard. 

Gase does every single thing he can to put Sam into terrible positions play after play, and by design no less which is mind boggling. 

He may be the only coach in the entire league absolutely unwilling to design his offense to fit the QB that he actually has and instead force a square peg in a round hole. 

Gase, who had a 23-26 overall record in three seasons with Miami, was fired by the Dolphins on Dec. 31. He was formally introduced as the new Jets coach on Jan. 14.

Loggains, who has coached quarterbacks throughout his NFL career, will contribute to Gase’s efforts in grooming quarterback Sam Darnold, the Jets’ first-round pick last year.