2019 Draft class

Jetsfan80

Do you know who really lost the game yesterday?  The ownership of the Jets lost the game. Why? Because they allowed McCagnan to remain on the job much longer than he should have.  Because McCagnan drafted poorly year after year, and brought in players like Truman with big contracts and resigned has-beens with horrible health problems like Enunwa.

We are still paying these players this year, and they aren't on the team. Sickening, sickening, sickening!!!  Makes me want to throw up.

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:
  • DT Quinnen Williams (1.3):  Bust.  
  • LB Jachai Polite (3.68):  Bust.
  • OT Chuma Edoga (3.92):  Likely not a starting-caliber RT.  Very probable bust.
  • TE Trevon Wesco (4.121):  Probable bust.  
  • LB Blake Cashman (5.157):  Can't stay healthy.  Bust.  
  • CB Blessuan Austin (6.196):  Easily Mike Maccagnan's best draft pick over a 5-year period.

Thanks Macc!

Waiting to see the All 22 before saying anything about QW.  Was apparently 13th in the NFL in pass win rate among ALL DT's.  That's not a bad day at all.  The fact that Josh Allen is quick to get on the move when he feels pressure doesn't say Q can't play, it just says Allen did a good job of getting away from pressure.  Too early to say on Chuma and Wesco IMO.  Not ruling out the fact that Gase can be bad for all offensive players, not just the QB.

6 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Waiting to see the All 22 before saying anything about QW.  Was apparently 13th in the NFL in pass win rate among ALL DT's.  That's not a bad day at all.  

Oh GTFO with that nonsense.  Every week we get that garbage that yet another overdrafted Jets DT was "better than we thought" with no tangible results to show for it.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:
  • DT Quinnen Williams (1.3):  Bust.  
  • LB Jachai Polite (3.68):  Bust.
  • OT Chuma Edoga (3.92):  Likely not a starting-caliber RT.  Very probable bust.
  • TE Trevon Wesco (4.121):  Probable bust.  
  • LB Blake Cashman (5.157):  Can't stay healthy.  Bust.  
  • CB Blessuan Austin (6.196):  Easily Mike Maccagnan's best draft pick over a 5-year period.

Thanks Macc!

Rams seemed to have him on the field at the end of the game. Might be too soon to call this one. 

Of course, whatever happens with him now, he'll always be a bust for the Jets

and  the scary thing is Mac had  PLENTY of defenders on this site

he has a plan

we need to give him time to get his guys here

it takes 3-4 years to "right the ship"

our drafts have been pretty terrible the past decade at the same time we lose talent to FA and replace them with worse talent

• Upvote 1

The blame for this falls squarely on the shoulders of Chris Johnson and the Jets power structure.

It was already obvious by this time that McCagnan was terrible.

The coach was being fired and the obvious common sense move was to fire both, start anew and let the GM have a large say in who the next coach was going to be.

Instead he let the GM have one last utterly disastrous draft and FA period and got conned into hiring a terrible coach with a terrible track record.

It all goes back to the top and how this team is structured.

• Upvote 4

same thing with iz a dick -a cap genious that knows that he is doing-he built the seahawks even though he was not the gm

I hope our current gm is better -one thing is the team is getting worse not better and has less talent not more

douglass will be judged by what he does with the two picks from the Adams trade-if he misses on them he is toast

• Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

The blame for this falls squarely on the shoulders of Chris Johnson and the Jets power structure.

It was already obvious by this time that McCagnan was terrible.

The coach was being fired and the obvious common sense move was to fire both, start anew and let the GM have a large say in who the next coach was going to be.

Instead he let the GM have one last utterly disastrous draft and FA period and got conned into hiring a terrible coach with a terrible track record.

It all goes back to the top and how this team is structured.

yep followed by fans that defend the undefendable

we are seeing it with Gase now-dude ran a terrible offense in Miami and is running a terrible one now too

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Don’t forget that he followed Idzik. Such consecutive executive ineptitude has not been seen since Mike Markula and John Sculley at Apple. 

Yep it's insane how we had 2 guys who are in the conversation for worst GM in franchise history, as back to back GMs. I posted it in a different thread like 20 mins ago but our roster is just built horribly. Our big $$ deals are tied up in players who aren't doing anything for us (Mosley and Bell), our Edge,WR and CB groups are all bottom 5 in the league and we don't even have 1 stud players other teams have to account for. It's easy to blame Gase (he does suck and is part of the problem ) but I'm not too sure this season looks any different with anyone else here especially given this BS off season. 

• Upvote 2

Yes, let's relive the past!  It must make us all feel better!  Ignore the team that stunk up Buffalo yesterday!  Ignore the horrendous coaching we currently have.  

Let's have a zoom call tonight to talk about how bad Mac, Idzik, Bowles, Rex, Mangini and Tennenbaum were!  That will fix things!

3 minutes ago, BettyBoop said:

Yes, let's relive the past!  It must make us all feel better!  Ignore the team that stunk up Buffalo yesterday!  Ignore the horrendous coaching we currently have.  

Let's have a zoom call tonight to talk about how bad Mac, Idzik, Bowles, Rex, Mangini and Tennenbaum were!  That will fix things!

The issues we see on the field are directly related to a lack of talent, the origin of which comes from 6 consecutive years of awful drafting.

Go start another thread no one will respond to.

40 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Oh GTFO with that nonsense.  Every week we get that garbage that yet another overdrafted Jets DT was "better than we thought" with no tangible results to show for it.

I think I'll stay for now, thanks.  This is week 1, so I supposed we did get it every week.  If it's the same story after week 3 or 4, it's time to worry.

4 minutes ago, AFJF said:

I think I'll stay for now, thanks.  This is week 1, so I supposed we did get it every week.  If it's the same story after week 3 or 4, it's time to worry.

He's not a rookie.  He was a massive disappointment last season too.  Production is literally all that matters.  Not vague peripheral numbers (like the ones used to support the idea Leonard Williams was not a bust) that suggest he was secretly the 13th best DT in the NFL for a week.

Bust.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

He's not a rookie.  He was a massive disappointment last season too.  Production is literally all that matters.  Not vague peripheral numbers (like the ones used to support the idea Leonard Williams was not a bust) that suggest he was secretly the 13th best DT in the NFL for a week.

Bust.

Gotcha.  Any 21/22 year old who takes more than a season to develop is a bust.

49 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

Rams seemed to have him on the field at the end of the game. Might be too soon to call this one. 

Of course, whatever happens with him now, he'll always be a bust for the Jets

Yes.

I saw that too.

Polite seriously almost had a sack in the final minutes of the game. Got his hand on the QB.  I couldn't believe my eyes that he was out there.

Sunday night’s winner in best performance-per-snap was far and away Jachai Polite. On his only play in his NFL regular season debut, Polite came up with a crucial pressure on Dak Prescott that helped the Rams seal their victory. He made the most out of his lone opportunity.

https://theramswire.usatoday.com/lists/rams-week-1-snap-counts-cowboys/

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, chirorob said:

That draft is staggering in how bad it was.   Picking that high in every round and getting so little. 

A high 3rd rounder being cut that early?   It is almost un heard of.  Of course allowing a lame duck gm to do one last draft before firing him also made no sense.

Funny was that I saw Polite on a few pressures last night (He's on the Rams). He looked quick

3 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Gotcha.  Any 21/22 year old who takes more than a season to develop is a bust.

He turns 23 in December.  And any 21/22 year old who fails to show anything, AND lacked the athletic profile to do the job (pass-rushing, that is), AND benefited from a loaded Alabama defense., AND was a Mike Maccagnan draft pick.....is very likely a bust.  Yes.

50 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Waiting to see the All 22 before saying anything about QW.  Was apparently 13th in the NFL in pass win rate among ALL DT's.  That's not a bad day at all.  The fact that Josh Allen is quick to get on the move when he feels pressure doesn't say Q can't play, it just says Allen did a good job of getting away from pressure.  Too early to say on Chuma and Wesco IMO.  Not ruling out the fact that Gase can be bad for all offensive players, not just the QB.

I didn't think Quinnen seemed so horrible.  He didn't stand out one way or the other.  Not what you want from #3 overall, but he doesn't seem like somebody that needs to be pulled ASAP.  <cough, cough>  Desir.

8 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

He turns 23 in December.  And any 21/22 year old who fails to show anything, AND lacked the athletic profile to do the job (pass-rushing, that is), AND benefited from a loaded Alabama defense., AND was a Mike Maccagnan draft pick.....is very likely a bust.  Yes.

If he turns 23 in December, that means he has been 21/22 his entire time as a Jet.  If you think he hasn't shown anything, you're wrong but definitely not in the minority there.

He gets a few more weeks to make some plays IMO.  

Made some great plays last year that nobody cared about because the team sucked.

Edited by AFJF

I'm pretty much in line with those thinking this roster construction is crap. 

Our big money deals are at the wrong positions and are literally doing nothing for us. We are horrible at the positions that matter in today's NFL CB, Edge, WR, and seemingly and unfortunately QB.

I try not to get to bent out of shape over over our beloved s---show of a team anymore. I really just try to enjoy the trainwreck year after year at this point but objectively it is really gross at the moment. Roster construction: bad, coaching: bad, Ownership: Same bad it's been as long as I've been alive, QB play: bad.

The one bright spot is the book is not written on JD yet. Time will tell and we're all out of patience. Not holding my breath.