2019 Draft class

Jetsfan80

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

He turns 23 in December.  And any 21/22 year old who fails to show anything, AND lacked the athletic profile to do the job (pass-rushing, that is), AND benefited from a loaded Alabama defense., AND was a Mike Maccagnan draft pick.....is very likely a bust.  Yes.

Personally I love to spend 3rd overall picks on DT, that take years to develop, if at all.

We desperately needed an edge rusher and still do. So we didn’t pick Josh Allen who got 10.5 sacks in year one, looks like he needs a few years to develop ?

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, SR24 said:

Mike Maccagnans tenure may have set this team back a decade

Macc was worse than Idzik I don't care what anyone says.

At least we cut the head off the John Dragon after two seasons. Macc was in there for almost half a decade destroying our team. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

The issues we see on the field are directly related to a lack of talent, the origin of which comes from 6 consecutive years of awful drafting.

Basically, it appears to me that the Jets have concluded that Mac's previous drafting was SO BAD that it was not worth trying to sign FAs to patch it, and rather JD should first fill the roster with quality players that he drafted under rookie contracts.

Given some of the contracts that Mac had the Johnsons sign, I can't say I blame them for that.  

But I would have spent a little more on the offense to try and develop and evaluate Darnold, unless they think he is hopeless too.