Darnold defenders and Gase naysayers need to explain this!

No one is debating that Darnold missed 2-3 throws early in the game. I think the "worrying" aspect of that is a little overblown. The shock came from the fact that Darnold almost never misses those throws. 

My concern, and what has me alarmed, is that the offense seems so anemic that Darnold literally needs to be perfect and needs to excecute high difficulty play after high difficultly play for us to have any sort of success. There is no scheming, there are no playmakers, its basically 100% on darnold to avoid a collapsing pocket and make a 30 yard down  throw on the move (herdon first play of the game). 

3 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Everyone pick a side!

You either blame Sam, or you blame Gase!!!

Theres no room to acknowledge Sam was pitiful, while also holding Gase accountable for the job of grooming Sam like he was specifically hired to do!

Gase's record is a slightly below .500 HC. (Coaching teams that were never talent laden)

Sams record is a well below avg QB with a team that is not talent laden.

How do you feel about Jordan Palmer? (seriously)

Just now, Losmeister said:

Gase's record is a slightly below .500 HC. (Coaching teams that were never talent laden)

Sams record is a well below avg QB with a team that is not talent laden.

How do you feel about Jordan Palmer? (seriously)

Palmer is a fraud. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Well of course, as Gase himself said, his playcalling was perfect yesterday.

said he had no regrets... not the same, you ask someone on their deathbed if they had any regrets and they say no, do you think they are saying they made correct decsions 100% of thetime? thats not what it means. it just means they stand by the choices they made- good and bad.

and I am not a Gase defender...    he's a below .500 HC that had success with a HOF QB as an OC.

and 2 decent years- one as an OC w/ Cutler where his QBR was just below 60 and one as HC with Tannehill where his was similar.... so... he;s meh

and i am fine with canning him if thats the decision....     yet it will provides with 15 games more where Sams play has nothing at all to do with his own performances according to his fangirls....

ffs, Sam left 30 yds on the field his 1st 2 throws...  wtf is the HC supposed to do with THAT? ( Beyond not harp on negative and try to bolster the kids spirit)

• Haha 1