Gase thinks Buffalo game play calling was perfect

AFJF

4 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

So he's basically blaming everything on the players. Since he was so perfect. And the offense didn't work. 

Considering the media points the finger solely at Gase week after week for the past year, I think its a good strategy to finally hold them accountable in the court of public opinion.  Gase allowed himself to be thrown under the bus for the players countless times and it didn't do any good.  

Let Darnold answer for Darnold's mistakes instead of getting a free pass because he's cute and cuddly like Pennington.

SAR I

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 9
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, jetscrazey said:

Just further proof Gase thinks you can win without ever establishing the running game.

People like you keep saying this, but the running game is useless because we don't have a strong OL and we have an old running back that is done and manipulating our staff to play him.

You can't establish the running game if you can't run.  It turns out to be a waste of downs, a drive killer every time.  Perine and a gelled OL should be the answer.  That's a couple of weeks away.

SAR I

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 3

2 minutes ago, y2k8 said:

When he became head coach he was asked what will he do differently (lessons learned) after being HC in Miami.

HE SAID HE WOULDN"T DO ANYTHING DIFFERENTLY.

The hubris was disturbing when i heard it 2 years ago- and to not show any humility after a humiliating performance makes me angrier now than I was yesterday at 4pm

HE HAS TO GO. HE HAS TO GO NOW.

He's talking TO THE MEDIA.

Don't be foolish enough to believe anything any coach or any player says.  They don't want to talk to the media, so they make stuff up just to get out of the room.  It doesn't make a difference.  Except to the gullible, apparently.

YOU HAVE TO STOP BELIEVING THAT WHAT A COACH SAYS TO THE MEDIA MATTERS.

SAR I

• Thumb Down 5
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, y2k8 said:

When he became head coach he was asked what will he do differently (lessons learned) after being HC in Miami.

HE SAID HE WOULDN"T DO ANYTHING DIFFERENTLY.

The hubris was disturbing when i heard it 2 years ago- and to not show any humility after a humiliating performance makes me angrier now than I was yesterday at 4pm

HE HAS TO GO. HE HAS TO GO NOW.

I remember being alarmed by this too. Had completely forgotten until you brought it up. Thanks for the indigestion. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

https://sports.theonion.com/adam-gase-warns-jets-fans-not-to-overreact-to-first-60-1845030308

Adam Gase Warns Jets Fans Not To Overreact To First 60 Years Of Franchise

Yesterday 7:19AM

FLORHAM PARK, NJ—Asking for patience so the team has time to develop and cohere, New York Jets head coach Adam Gase warned Sunday that fans should not overreact too much to the first 60 years of the franchise. “I know that we got to a slow start in the first six decades, but it takes time to build a winning culture,” said Gase, who claimed that despite the desire of fans to see the team win right now, it could take up to 150 years to turn around the Jets franchise. “You can’t judge this team and give all these hot takes based on one little century, that’s not how football works. I know these armchair quarterbacks are gonna attack me if we look bad this next decade, but that is just short-term thinking, and I’m in this for the long haul. We got some promising young guys on this team and I guarantee they will still be alive to see us lift the trophy by the 2080s.” At press time, Gase was retooling his entire offensive scheme for the third time in four weeks.

Really hitting the point of "Do I need this flaming bag of nuclear dog crap left on my stoop 16 times every fall?".

Why should I or anyone really care any more? 

The constant has been the ownership of the Johnsons. 

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

8 minutes ago, y2k8 said:

This reminds me of sports gamblers who insist they made a good bet after they lose.

Umm, no. You lost the bet. Turns out it wasn't a good wager.  I know this because you lost money.

A high probability bet that loses is NOT a bad bet, it's justthat the world we live works that way.

Ur a typical JeNation numbskull. Welcome to my ignore list.....

29 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Reporter asked Gase if he regretted any play calls from Sunday.  Gase said that after watching film, he wouldn't change a single call.  Perfection in his mind, apparently.

Ever notice that when the Pats win by 40 you'll hear BB after the game say "we have a lot of work to do.  Didn't tackle well, didn't' block well, left some plays on the field".

Gase?  His offense produces one non-garbage time TD and it was sheer perfection.  No need to change anything.  No regrets.  I mean, he did coach Peyton Manning after all.

and?  you don't think a coach can call a perfect game and still not have success?  the problem with the jets has been execution more than the plays being called.  how much of that falls on the coach is anyone's guess especially considering it's the first game of a pretty strange year.  before you or anyone start calling for gase to be fired make sure you understand that they are working with a new oline and have been through a pretty protracted training period.  it also doesn't help that going in a number of skill players (perriman, mims, vyncint smith) are nursing injuries or couldn't play and then bell gets hurt late in the first half.

if things don't start looking up by game 8 or maybe even game 4 i  may start to advocate a coaching change.  but not after game 1.   

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Reporter asked Gase if he regretted any play calls from Sunday.  Gase said that after watching film, he wouldn't change a single call.  Perfection in his mind, apparently.

Ever notice that when the Pats win by 40 you'll hear BB after the game say "we have a lot of work to do.  Didn't tackle well, didn't' block well, left some plays on the field".

Gase?  His offense produces one non-garbage time TD and it was sheer perfection.  No need to change anything.  No regrets.  I mean, he did coach Peyton Manning after all.

I hope Gase gets hit by a bus.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

22 minutes ago, SAR I said:

He's talking TO THE MEDIA.

Don't be foolish enough to believe anything any coach or any player says.  They don't want to talk to the media, so they make stuff up just to get out of the room.  It doesn't make a difference.  Except to the gullible, apparently.

YOU HAVE TO STOP BELIEVING THAT WHAT A COACH SAYS TO THE MEDIA MATTERS.

SAR I

Regardless of what gase believes he should have said he could have called a better game.  Coaches who shift all blame to players lose locker rooms very quickly.  It’s as if douglas knew the jets would suck and gase would provide the sound bytes to fire him that much quicker.  And then douglas drafts Lawrence and i get a new qb jersey again.

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Saban's the same as Beliprick. He ALWAYS fines ways to improve or do better. Ever watch him on the sidelines? Bama's up by 20 with a minute left and he's screaming like a lunatic because someone missed a block etc. Thing is both Beliprick and Saban are consistent winners. That says it all.  Gases comments come across, IMHO, as pretty stupid. 

• Upvote 2