Gase thinks Buffalo game play calling was perfect

AFJF

2 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

Regardless of what gase believes he should have said he could have called a better game.  Coaches who shift all blame to players lose locker rooms very quickly.  It’s as if douglas knew the jets would suck and gase would provide the sound bytes to fire him that much quicker.  And then douglas drafts Lawrence and i get a new qb jersey again.

Like I said, Gase did an admirable job last season keeping the heat off the players and putting it all on himself.  By saying something bombastic to the media like this, guess what, same thing, the story this week will be about Gase being "aloof" and "not taking accountability" and the usual anti-Gase spooge and the locker room is Teflon.

I'd like to believe that Gase is giving a wake-up call to the players, I'd like to believe this is Adam giving Sam a kick in the ass.  Because it's deserved after yesterday.  I also could be convinced that the playcalling was good because we know that Sam couldn't hit the side of a barn yesterday and we wouldn't know if it were good or not.

SAR I

• WTF? 1

41 minutes ago, SAR I said:

People like you keep saying this, but the running game is useless because we don't have a strong OL and we have an old running back that is done and manipulating our staff to play him.

You can't establish the running game if you can't run.  It turns out to be a waste of downs, a drive killer every time.  Perine and a gelled OL should be the answer.  That's a couple of weeks away.

SAR I

You are a clown who is only embarrassing himself.

• Post of the Week 1

46 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Considering the media points the finger solely at Gase week after week for the past year, I think its a good strategy to finally hold them accountable in the court of public opinion.  Gase allowed himself to be thrown under the bus for the players countless times and it didn't do any good.  

Let Darnold answer for Darnold's mistakes instead of getting a free pass because he's cute and cuddly like Pennington.

SAR I

SAR I - why are you dying on this hill?  Why don't you expect more from the team you root for?  Below is an image of the head coach you've defend so completely.  The guy has been bad for a long time.

Serious question:  just how bad does Gase have to be for you to jump ship?  Does he need to go four consecutive years in the AFCE without reaching 8 wins?  What criteria makes you say...yup, time to move on?

• Sympathy 1

49 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Considering the media points the finger solely at Gase week after week for the past year, I think its a good strategy to finally hold them accountable in the court of public opinion.  Gase allowed himself to be thrown under the bus for the players countless times and it didn't do any good.  

Let Darnold answer for Darnold's mistakes instead of getting a free pass because he's cute and cuddly like Pennington.

SAR I

SAR I - why are you dying on this hill?  Why don't you expect more from the team you root for?  Below is an image of the head coach you've defend so completely.  The guy has been bad for a long time.

Serious question:  just how bad does Gase have to be for you to jump ship?  Does he need to go four consecutive years in the AFCE without reaching 8 wins?  What criteria makes you say...yup, time to move on?  I can see defending someone that's actually done something...but this guy.  He's been terrible.

image.png.c990b6e774539a1c7e529b2be852e31e.png

41 minutes ago, SAR I said:

He's talking TO THE MEDIA.

Don't be foolish enough to believe anything any coach or any player says.  They don't want to talk to the media, so they make stuff up just to get out of the room.  It doesn't make a difference.  Except to the gullible, apparently.

YOU HAVE TO STOP BELIEVING THAT WHAT A COACH SAYS TO THE MEDIA MATTERS.

SAR I

The person who believed NY Jets PSLs were investment gold probably isn't the best judge of what constitutes gullible.

• Haha 4

Just now, TNJet said:

The best drives of the game were when Sam was in the hurry up. Thats how great of a play caller Gase is. I know l can do better. And I'll never sniff a coaching gig.

That’s when you know your OC (or the HC in this case) REALLY sucks.  When scripted plays and plays that he’s been devising all week don’t work at all but the hurry up just go 4 wide in shotgun and chuck the ball works better

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, jetscrazey said:

Just further proof Gase thinks you can win without ever establishing the running game.

Fire this guy now.  Don't wait for week 17.

OK serious question. How can you establish the rush game when you literally cannot run the ball? If we press the run, we wind up in 3rd and 8 all day and we lose WORSE. Maybe when Perrine comes back we can be successful in establishing a run but until then we have to pass to set up the run and get teams away from 7,8 even 9 in the box. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, johnnysd said:

OK serious question. How can you establish the rush game when you literally cannot run the ball? If we press the run, we wind up in 3rd and 8 all day and we lose WORSE. Maybe when Perrine comes back we can be successful in establishing a run but until then we have to pass to set up the run and get teams away from 7,8 even 9 in the box. 

Maybe have a coach who knows how to scheme a run game?

Just a thought.

Ever since Gase got here this team's running game has been even worse than under Bowles.

• Upvote 2

I heard the interview, he basically said he wouldnt change anything based on how they were playing them and he's not wrong when he says, they missed opportunities.  Sam missed throws, WR dropped passes.  Could have changed things significantly. 

He certainly never said perfect.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, jetscrazey said:

You are a clown who is only embarrassing himself.

You are a child who believes that any team can easily establish a running game without a running back.  You think giving Le'Veon Bell the ball 30 times wins yesterday's game?  LOL.

Man, you should be our head coach, never seen such genius in my entire life.  Tell us more, oh offensive guru.

SAR I

• Thumb Down 2

21 minutes ago, WowOhWow said:

Listen, I have the Jets at 10-6 this year so if anyone should be upset about yesterday's game it's me.  I'm the only one with such high expectations.

And I am upset.  But I'm upset with Darnold for playing like a high schooler.  I'm upset with Bell for lying about his so-called 'best shape ever'.  I'm upset with Gregg Williams for all the pass interference calls, missed tackles, missed assignments, and lack of containment.  

People who act like Adam Gase is the sole problem with this team this morning need their heads examined.  Darnold and Gregg have no excuse for what happened yesterday.  Darnold is in his 3rd year.  We don't expect these types of pee wee mistakes.  Gregg is in his 25th year.  No way Josh Allen should rush for 60 yards and pass for 300 yards in the same game.  Either take away his running lanes or take away his passing lanes, you can't allow him to thrive in both.

SAR I

30 minutes ago, WowOhWow said:

Serious question:  just how bad does Gase have to be for you to jump ship?  Does he need to go four consecutive years in the AFCE without reaching 8 wins?  What criteria makes you say...yup, time to move on?

When the NFL experts expect the Jets to have 10 wins and he delivers 7 I'll be ready to move on.

Until then, as long as he meets the expectations of what the experts say our roster is capable of, I'm sticking with him.  No, not because I'm a fan or he's a great coach.  Because I believe that patience is important and it's this constant over-reaction that gets us into trouble.  We need to build a stable front office and stable coaching staff and draft better players all at the same time. 

The revolving door of head coaches will lead us to another dead-last candidate who has no experience and is a coordinator or position coach on another team.  That's how we wind up with Groh, Edwards, Mangini, Ryan, and Bowles.  I'll take my chances with what I saw from Gase last year before I sign up for another rookie head coach.  For now, the benefit of the doubt goes to Gase because experts agree the Jets have a Bottom 5 offensive roster.

SAR I

9 minutes ago, SAR I said:

You are a child who believes that any team can easily establish a running game without a running back.  You think giving Le'Veon Bell the ball 30 times wins yesterday's game?  LOL.

Man, you should be our head coach, never seen such genius in my entire life.  Tell us more, oh offensive guru.

SAR I

The running game was BETTER under Bowles than Gase, and if anything the running game personnel was BETTER in 2019 with Leveon Bell.  That's right: It was BETTER under a defensive coach than the "offensive guru."

2018 running stats: 1622 yds, 3.96 YPC, 11 TDs

2019 running stats: 1257 yds, 3.3 YPC, 6 TDs.

You. Are. A. Clown.

19 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

OK serious question. How can you establish the rush game when you literally cannot run the ball?

Oh, don't ask them that, Johnny.  Because then the whole house of cards that is their anti-Gase argument comes crashing down.

The run is the answer to everything, you see.  Even though Gase wanted to run Bell out of town, and everyone accused him of being "mean" and "back stabbing", and even though Bell looks like ass for 17 games, we need to establish-the-run because its sooo easy without a running back.  Give the ball to Pittsburgh's has-been 30 times, we'll win every time.

It's coaching, you see.  Apparently, Gase is the idiot and all the fans and all the bad players, well, they've got it right.

SAR I

4 minutes ago, jetscrazey said:

The running game was BETTER under Bowles than Gase, and if anything the running game personnel was BETTER in 2019 with Leveon Bell.  That's right: It was BETTER under a defensive coach than the "offensive guru."

Todd Bowles wasn't stuck with the Le'Veon albatross.  Only the media calls Adam Gase an "offensive guru".  The media and gullible fans, that is.

4 minutes ago, jetscrazey said:

You. Are. A. Clown.

OMG, those rushing stats are soooo superior, I guess that's why 31 teams were knocking on Todd Bowles' door to offer him their head coaching jobs, maybe even offensive coordinator jobs.

You. Are. A. Child.

SAR I

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Oh, don't ask them that, Johnny.  Because then the whole house of cards that is their anti-Gase argument comes crashing down.

The run is the answer to everything, you see.  Even though Gase wanted to run Bell out of town, and everyone accused him of being "mean" and "back stabbing", and even though Bell looks like ass for 17 games, we need to establish-the-run because its sooo easy without a running back.  Give the ball to Pittsburgh's has-been 30 times, we'll win every time.

It's coaching, you see.  Apparently, Gase is the idiot and all the fans and all the bad players, well, they've got it right.

SAR I

I repeat:

But please, tell me more about how in 2018 we had the right personnel to run the ball but in 2019 we didn't.

Let's say Sam was not able to execute the plays that Gase called. Who's fault is that? Isn't Gase supposed to: 1) make sure his QB can execute the plays; and 2) call plays he knows his players are able to execute?

The O's issues are poor talent compromised by terrible coaching in both preparing his team to execute the plays and calling the plays his players are able to execute. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

we-have-purposely-trained-him-wrong-as-joke-16021344.png.a32d90758bdc70b4925e22e983c8cf79.png

Sam reminded me of someone yesterday....his Negative 5 Yard Sack Option Read brought it home. 

His play was reminiscent of Geno Smith. Not great. 

He is regressing. Under Gase. Regardless of play calls, or even wins or losses,  the MOST IMPORTANT THING this year was Sams development and to figure out which way things are trending. Today,  September 14th 2020, things don't look good. Maybe someone mistakenly wrote "Devolve" instead of Develop on Adam Gases To Do list. 

29 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

Gase is a major egotistical douche bag 

So is Bill Belichick.  So was Bill Parcells.  Hell, so was Weeb Eubank.  Rex Ryan, another crowd pleaser.

Public persona through the media and private persona in the locker room are two different things.  You're smart enough to know this.

SAR I

• WTF? 1

33 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Sam reminded me of someone yesterday....his Negative 5 Yard Sack Option Read brought it home. His play was reminiscent of Geno Smith. Not great.  He is regressing. Under Gase. Regardless of play calls, or even wins or losses,  the MOST IMPORTANT THING this year was Sams development and to figure out which way things are trending. Today,  September 14th 2020, things don't look good. Maybe someone mistakenly wrote "Devolve" instead of Develop on Adam Gases To Do list. 

And when does Sam Darnold become completely responsible for his own development exactly?

Doesn't look like Josh Allen or Lamar Jackson need much hand-holding anymore.  Kyler Murray looked grown up.  Even Joe Burrow looked like a boss back there.  Darnold looked like a high school kid on Sunday.

There comes a time when "development" ends and "performance" begins.  Darnold has started 33 professional football games played on a real field with a real ball.  14 of those games were in the regular season using the same playbook and called by the same offensive staff.  He won 6 of his last 8 games while still battling mono.

You can't tell me that Adam Gase did something to "ruin" Sam Darnold between his heroic 6-2 finish in January and his 0-1 collapse in September.  If you don't want to pin it on Sam, if you're looking for a scapegoat, turn your attention to Sgt. Palmer's Lonely Heart's Club Band.  Sam was quarantined with Mr. Whisperer himself from March to June.  

SAR I