Gase thinks Buffalo game play calling was perfect

AFJF

4 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Winning cures all ills. 

Yes, but these coaches acted in the same "arrogant pompous" manner when they were young and struggling with rebuilding teams too.  They don't get their first NFL jobs being all people-friendly and then turn into dicks.  They are dicks from the git-go.

All indications are that with the right roster in place Adam Gase can be a very good head coach.  He will get that opportunity because Christopher Johnson is in this for the long-haul, we're not going to make another knee-jerk hire of a defensive coordinator again.

SAR I

3 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Yes, but these coaches acted in the same "arrogant pompous" manner when they were young and struggling with rebuilding teams too.  They don't get their first NFL jobs being all people-friendly and then turn into dicks.  They are dicks from the git-go.

All indications are that with the right roster in place Adam Gase can be a very good head coach.  He will get that opportunity because Christopher Johnson is in this for the long-haul, we're not going to make another knee-jerk hire of a defensive coordinator again.

SAR I

I disagree. The last "Knee-jerk" firing got rid of Mac and got us JD. Chris Johnson knows this and will not hesitate to fire Gase if JD is on board with the idea. Johnson loves that the NFL intelligencia think JD is a really good football guy. He revels in knowing that he bucked the normal process, firing Mac right after the draft and he feels like a genius because it worked out so well. Don't think for a second that Chris Johnson feels he is beholden to some written formula for the timing of hiring and firing his football people.

From my perspective, Darnold needs to be saved form Gase and if Johnson and JD share that view, GW will be the interim HC with Cooter as the OC.  Cooter can use the existing playbook and (unlike Gase) call plays that utilize Darnold's strengths and, every now and then (unlike Gase) make a max protect play call.

• Post of the Week 3

25 minutes ago, SAR I said:

So is Bill Belichick.  So was Bill Parcells.  Hell, so was Weeb Eubank.  Rex Ryan, another crowd pleaser.

Public persona through the media and private persona in the locker room are two different things.  You're smart enough to know this.

SAR I

Winning solves everything. He’s not winning. As I said if he starts winning playoff games I will be the first one to say I was wrong he’s a good coach but at some point if this keeps up you need to except he’s a sh*t coach. 

• Post of the Week 1

8 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

I disagree. The last "Knee-jerk" firing got rid of Mac and got us JD. Chris Johnson knows this and will not hesitate to fire Gase if JD is on board with the idea. Johnson loves that the NFL intelligencia think JD is a really good football guy. He revels in knowing that he bucked the normal process, firing Mac right after the draft and he feels like a genius because it worked out so well. Don't think for a second that Chris Johnson feels he is beholden to some written formula for the timing of hiring and firing his football people.

From my perspective, Darnold needs to be saved form Gase and if Johnson and JD share that view, GW will be the interim HC with Cooter as the OC.  Cooter can use the existing playbook and (unlike Gase) call plays that utilize Darnold's strengths and, every now and then (unlike Gase) make a max protect play call.

Thank you!

And in addition, think on this, no team in the entire NFL was looking to make Adam Gase their HC other than the New York Jets...

NO ONE!

In fact Gase would have been lucky to get an OC position for last year but the Jets always do the dumb thing...

It is amazing!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Bill Parcells took a 1-15 Jet team and won 9 games the following year (followed by a near-miss at the Superbowl the year after).   That's how big of a difference a good HC can make.  

You know people want to give Parcells all the credit but to be honest I think the insanely good coaching staff probably gets about the same results with me as head coach. Maybe we'd have 6 of seven SBs if we didnt screw over Belichick to make Parcells (who you 100% new was 2-4 year guy).

Hate him all you want but Belichick is so much better than Parcells its not even close. Parcells was not great without Belichick, 58-68 with 0 playoff wins. He had a lot of catchy phrases though.

I am not saying Parcells wasn't a good coach, I just think he is seriously overhyped and somewhat rode the coattails of Belichick.

I will say this about Parcells though, he was willing to completely adapt him team to the personnel he had something our current coach is completely unwilling to do.

1 hour ago, Sonny Werblin said:

If Woody is involved it won't happen. If Chris is still the guy I think there is a possibility but mid-season firings are so messy and expensive. The one factor that could make firing Gase a little more possible is that it would not affect attendance.

2 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

You know people want to give Parcells all the credit but to be honest I think the insanely good coaching staff probably gets about the same results with me as head coach. Maybe we'd have 6 of seven SBs if we didnt screw over Belichick to make Parcells (who you 100% new was 2-4 year guy).

Hate him all you want but Belichick is so much better than Parcells its not even close. Parcells was not great without Belichick, 58-68 with 0 playoff wins. He had a lot of catchy phrases though.

I am not saying Parcells wasn't a good coach, I just think he is seriously overhyped and somewhat rode the coattails of Belichick.

I will say this about Parcells though, he was willing to completely adapt him team to the personnel he had something our current coach is completely unwilling to do.

Even if you're correct (and I mostly do agree with you), the larger point remains the same.  Coaching makes a very big difference in W/L record.

• Upvote 1

Have to laugh at some posters who actually believe that AG is a good HC.  he has a losing record and I believe he has the most losses buy double digit then any HC today.  But what the hell, its the OL, its the players, the PC was perfect... what twit, but a rich one ...

6 minutes ago, SOJ said:

Have to laugh at some posters who actually believe that AG is a good HC.  he has a losing record and I believe he has the most losses buy double digit then any HC today.  But what the hell, its the OL, its the players, the PC was perfect... what twit, but a rich one ...

Last year, the 2-14 Bengals lost by double-digits 6 times. 

The 3-12-1 Lions lost by double-digits 4 times. 

Meanwhile, Adam Gase's Jets (who played a very weak schedule that also had minimal travel and a "free pass" week 17 due to Buffalo resting their starters) lost by double-digits 7 times.

Admittedly, the 3-13 Washington Football Team lost by double-digits 9 times (including to Gase!)  But at least their owner fired HC Jay Gruden.

• Post of the Week 1

14 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Are you Adam Gase ? If you cant base your judgement of a HC on wins and losses .. what do you base it on ... its not a difficult concept.

Edited by Dunnie
  • Upvote 1

Gase sucks and is an idiot anyone who thinks gases did a good job needs to learn the sport. gase did not have the team prepared had an entire off season to game plan for one game and failed. It starts at the top and the idiots that support a terrible coach need to be called out as being bad fans who dont know the sport

1 hour ago, Dunnie said:

Are you Adam Gase ? If you cant base your judgement of a HC on wins and losses .. what do you base it on ... its not a difficult concept.

Ignore sar is is fool who wants to argue and insult people, everyone in the world knows gase is a bad coach but Sar that should be a tell on what he is thinking. When everyone is calling out gase and the come back is with the right roster, f that with the right roster anyone can win that is weak answer at best a stupid answer at worse

1 hour ago, nyjunc said:

Gase didn't have his team ready to play so even if the play calls were perfect(there were many plays there that our guys didn't make) he needs the blame for not getting his team ready to play.

Gase teams always look unprepared.  They also NEVER look like they are having fun

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Dunnie said:

It's a matter of expectations.

Last year, you and just about every NFL expert on the planet had the Jets at 7-9 perfectly healthy and Gase went 7-9 perfectly injured.  He met preseason expectations and exceeded mid-season expectations.  7-9 with that battered group?  Well done.

This year, you and just about every NFL expert on the planet has the Jets at 6-10 and by all accounts Sunday it looks like we are headed there, maybe win an additional game as things gel.  Again, Gase will meet or exceed expectations.

Screaming for Gase's head when he is doing exactly what you think this roster is capable of is ludicrous.  Furthermore, the majority of the hate on Gase is because the guy doesn't have a soft and cuddly public persona like Rex Ryan.  For some bizarre reason, Jets fans long for a nasty, edgy, irritable Bill Parcells Bill Belichick type to come in here and restore order after the Bowles weed era, and when we find one they weep because the media (sniff, sniff) says mean things about him.  

SAR I 

32 minutes ago, jgb said:

Peyton Manning snubbed playing for the Jets TWICE in his career. His reaction to Woody taking his advice on who to hire as HC.

Happy Peyton Manning GIF by Gatorade - Find & Share on GIPHY

Bill snubbed Peyton and his dad in 1997 but yeah Peyton screwed us by calling the Johnsons and giving the assclown Gase a reference

3 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Bill snubbed Peyton and his dad in 1997 but yeah Peyton screwed us by calling the Johnsons and giving the assclown Gase a reference

Jets tried to recruit Peyton. Remember, it hurt Sanchez' feelings? Reports are he took less to play in DEN.

37 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

The jets looked stiff all 4 quarters.  Gase is a toxic person on top of being a lousy coach

I don't know how he's won 30 games without a ton of healthy talent.

I do blame him for Sunday, his team was not ready but this notion that he's a terrible HC is false.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

If they made a movie of this Jets season, Gase would be played by Benedict Cumberbach - dysfunctional, misunderstood, but a mad genius.

The fans would rebel and maul him in a deserted Metlife parking lot. Sam would then rally the newly liberated young Jets who would go on a seven game winning streak and fill everyone's heart with promise.

Next year they would go 3-13 because these are the Jets we're talking about

53 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

I don't know how he's won 30 games without a ton of healthy talent.

I do blame him for Sunday, his team was not ready but this notion that he's a terrible HC is false.

Rich Kotite made the playoffs and had winning teams in philly before coming here

21 hours ago, AFJF said:

Reporter asked Gase if he regretted any play calls from Sunday.  Gase said that after watching film, he wouldn't change a single call.  Perfection in his mind, apparently.

Ever notice that when the Pats win by 40 you'll hear BB after the game say "we have a lot of work to do.  Didn't tackle well, didn't' block well, left some plays on the field".

Gase?  His offense produces one non-garbage time TD and it was sheer perfection.  No need to change anything.  No regrets.  I mean, he did coach Peyton Manning after all.

I don't care what you call, if the QB is inaccurate its not going to work.

21 hours ago, AFJF said:

Reporter asked Gase if he regretted any play calls from Sunday.  Gase said that after watching film, he wouldn't change a single call.  Perfection in his mind, apparently.

Ever notice that when the Pats win by 40 you'll hear BB after the game say "we have a lot of work to do.  Didn't tackle well, didn't' block well, left some plays on the field".

Gase?  His offense produces one non-garbage time TD and it was sheer perfection.  No need to change anything.  No regrets.  I mean, he did coach Peyton Manning after all.

Actual footage of Gase speaking at the conference:

47630288_DrinkingIdiot.gif.16c57b56f0ab01adc4b0732ff7a7361d.gif

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, rammagen said:

Ignore sar is is fool who wants to argue and insult people, everyone in the world knows gase is a bad coach but Sar that should be a tell on what he is thinking. When everyone is calling out gase and the come back is with the right roster, f that with the right roster anyone can win that is weak answer at best a stupid answer at worse

Adam Gase is trolling the media and its with the full support of Christopher Johnson who has had it up to here with them too.

I think it's awesome.  They so deserve this.

SAR I

23 hours ago, johnnysd said:

OK serious question. How can you establish the rush game when you literally cannot run the ball? If we press the run, we wind up in 3rd and 8 all day and we lose WORSE. Maybe when Perrine comes back we can be successful in establishing a run but until then we have to pass to set up the run and get teams away from 7,8 even 9 in the box. 

Agree but look, if you think their pass protection was better, I'll sell you some land in AZ:  The Jets allowed a pressure rate of 44.7 percent in Week 1 – the highest of any team on Sunday, according to NextGen Stats. Darnold was sacked three times, was constantly flushed out of the pocket and was knocked down four times. The Jets also couldn’t gain any leverage on the ground. The running game finished with just 52 yards on 16 carries and no touchdowns – the worst performance in the Gase era since Week 8 of 2019 when the Jets rushed for just 46 yards on 14 carries.

So unfortunately it looks eerily similar to last years OL performance.   And what is the common denominator here, AG and his pathetic Playbook schemes that have resulted in the following: 

Rush attempts: 15 - NFL rank 32
Longest run: 8 yards - NFL rank 32
Rushing yards: 52 - NFL rank 31
Tackle for loss: 6 - NFL rank bottom 3rd
Time of possession: 18:44 - NFL rank 32
Penalties: 9 - NFL rank 32
Punts per play (lol): .11 - NFL rank 32

So we can say one thing about AC HC, he is consistently bad.  Oh, yea, he has the type of players he wanted and they still can not perform...but hell they try hard!