Gase thinks Buffalo game play calling was perfect

AFJF

On 9/14/2020 at 3:05 PM, SAR I said:

People like you keep saying this, but the running game is useless because we don't have a strong OL and we have an old running back that is done and manipulating our staff to play him.

You can't establish the running game if you can't run.  It turns out to be a waste of downs, a drive killer every time.  Perine and a gelled OL should be the answer.  That's a couple of weeks away.

SAR I

Wait a second.

Befoee the game you said we have a better OL than Buffalo. You said we have a better RB, QB, and equal defense too.

• Upvote 1

On 9/14/2020 at 2:32 PM, Sonny Werblin said:

I disagree. The last "Knee-jerk" firing got rid of Mac and got us JD. Chris Johnson knows this and will not hesitate to fire Gase if JD is on board with the idea. Johnson loves that the NFL intelligencia think JD is a really good football guy. He revels in knowing that he bucked the normal process, firing Mac right after the draft and he feels like a genius because it worked out so well. Don't think for a second that Chris Johnson feels he is beholden to some written formula for the timing of hiring and firing his football people.

From my perspective, Darnold needs to be saved form Gase and if Johnson and JD share that view, GW will be the interim HC with Cooter as the OC.  Cooter can use the existing playbook and (unlike Gase) call plays that utilize Darnold's strengths and, every now and then (unlike Gase) make a max protect play call.

I couldn't agree more... AG needs to be fired and suspect the heat will be turned up after this weeks loss to the 49ners.  

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, SAR I said:

It's a matter of expectations.

Last year, you and just about every NFL expert on the planet had the Jets at 7-9 perfectly healthy and Gase went 7-9 perfectly injured.  He met preseason expectations and exceeded mid-season expectations.  7-9 with that battered group?  Well done.

This year, you and just about every NFL expert on the planet has the Jets at 6-10 and by all accounts Sunday it looks like we are headed there, maybe win an additional game as things gel.  Again, Gase will meet or exceed expectations.

Screaming for Gase's head when he is doing exactly what you think this roster is capable of is ludicrous.  Furthermore, the majority of the hate on Gase is because the guy doesn't have a soft and cuddly public persona like Rex Ryan.  For some bizarre reason, Jets fans long for a nasty, edgy, irritable Bill Parcells Bill Belichick type to come in here and restore order after the Bowles weed era, and when we find one they weep because the media (sniff, sniff) says mean things about him.  

SAR I 

No, we want someone who is a competent HC coach, not a loser.  That is what he is and frankly, even if the talent is not great - which it isn't - it is better then last year's roster.  Finally, he wanted his type of players and got them because JD and he are in sync and this sh*tty HC still can not get them to perform.   

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, SOJ said:

No, we want someone who is a competent HC coach, not a loser.  That is what he is and frankly, even if the talent is not great - which it isn't - it is better then last year's roster.  Finally, he wanted his type of players and got them because JD and he are in sync and this sh*tty HC still can not get them to perform.   

The first 60 minutes of football with a new OL after no preseason.  Give it some time. 

SAR I

2 hours ago, SOJ said:

I couldn't agree more... AG needs to be fired and suspect the heat will be turned up after this weeks loss to the 49ners.  

The 49ers have one of the best rosters and best coaches in the NFL.  The Jets will lose to them.  Maybe the jet lag helps the Jets stay in the game.

After that are the Colts, Broncos (in NJ, which is key), Cardinals, Chargers and Bills again.

If more than one of those games looks and feels like the last one, I think Gase will be gone. 

• Upvote 1

On 9/14/2020 at 3:08 PM, SAR I said:

He's talking TO THE MEDIA.

Don't be foolish enough to believe anything any coach or any player says.  They don't want to talk to the media, so they make stuff up just to get out of the room.  It doesn't make a difference.  Except to the gullible, apparently.

YOU HAVE TO STOP BELIEVING THAT WHAT A COACH SAYS TO THE MEDIA MATTERS.

SAR I

It's almost comical that most everyone doesn't see that Gase's answer is nothing more than a blow-off response.

His play calling prowess may be an entirely different issue, but it's plainly obvious he's completely disinterested in litigating Xs and Os with bloggers and SUNY journalism grads.

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/15/2020 at 12:19 AM, SAR I said:

Yes, but these coaches acted in the same "arrogant pompous" manner when they were young and struggling with rebuilding teams too.  They don't get their first NFL jobs being all people-friendly and then turn into dicks.  They are dicks from the git-go.

All indications are that with the right roster in place Adam Gase can be a very good head coach.  He will get that opportunity because Christopher Johnson is in this for the long-haul, we're not going to make another knee-jerk hire of a defensive coordinator again.

SAR I

Confused Little Girl GIF