Cam Newton has as many rushing attempts as the entire Jet team yesterday

Philc1

1 minute ago, Philc1 said:

Way to stick with that RUNNING GAME!!!😀

When you're down 21-0 in an eyeblink there isn't time to establish the run.

And every time we try to run to set up the pass, we lose, Le'Veon Bell is shot.  When we pass to set up the run, it works.  This team, as currently built, goes nowhere unless Sam Darnold plays well.  He didn't play well yesterday.

SAR I

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, SAR I said:

When you're down 21-0 in an eyeblink there isn't time to establish the run.

And every time we try to run to set up the pass, we lose, Le'Veon Bell is shot.  When we pass to set up the run, it works.  This team, as currently built, goes nowhere unless Sam Darnold plays well.  He didn't play well yesterday.

SAR I

We were down 21-0 because your boy Gase blows donkey d1ck and abandoned the run immediately resulting in our defense being on the field the entire first half

ADAM GASE FAWKIN SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, Philc1 said:

We were down 21-0 because your boy Gase blows donkey d1ck and abandoned the run immediately resulting in our defense being on the field the entire first half

ADAM GASE FAWKIN SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There is no point in focusing on the run when you can't run.  Le'Veon Bell hurts this team.  He talks nicely, he says the right things in the media properly, but he is shot, he's done, he is not an NFL running back.

Our defense was on the field because they were giving up chunk play after chunk play, then QB scramble after QB scramble, then penalty after penalty, then missed tackle after missed tackle, and then they decided to stop everything and make a Stefon Diggs highlight reel.  That D was atrocious yesterday.  Our O couldn't get into a rhythm because once the Bills got the ball they kept it for 10 minutes at a time.

SAR I

Just now, SAR I said:

There is no point in focusing on the run when you can't run.  Le'Veon Bell hurts this team.  He talks nicely, he says the right things in the media properly, but he is shot, he's done, he is not an NFL running back.

Our defense was on the field because they were giving up chunk play after chunk play, then QB scramble after QB scramble, then penalty after penalty, then missed tackle after missed tackle, and then they decided to stop everything and make a Stefon Diggs highlight reel.  That D was atrocious yesterday.  Our O couldn't get into a rhythm because once the Bills got the ball they kept it for 10 minutes at a time.

SAR I

Adam

Gase

F ckin

Sucks

D ck

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, jetswin said:

Bell strung two nice runs in a row at one point, so what does O genius Gase call? 
another run up mid, perfect spot for a play action imho...another short series 

Possibly the worst play call of the day and a perfect example of Jets football for as long as I can remember. 

• Upvote 3

We were down 21-0 right away to be fair. Hard to establish a running game when that happens.

Bell thinks he's playing in Pitt still. He can't run like that here. He dances too much when he needs to hit the hole. That's why Gore is here. He's not going to break long runs but he understands that you need to hit the hole and move the ball downfield. If he can pickup 3, 4, or maybe 5 yards on 1st down, that puts the offense in a much better spot than when Bell gets the ball, dances in the backfield and loses 2 or 3 yards and we're looking at 2nd and 13 to start our drive.

Hopefully Perrine and Josh Adams understand this. 

• Upvote 1

The Jets best offensive player going into the game was Bell. The Bills took him out early 8-9 in the box.

Once you are down 21-0 the game plan is pretty much out the window.

This was flat out an abysmal performance. Nothing else needs to be said. Move on and hopefully a better performance against SF

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, shawn306 said:

The Jets best offensive player going into the game was Bell. The Bills took him out early 8-9 in the box.

This was flat out an abysmal performance. Nothing else needs to be said. Move on and hopefully a better performance against SF

So what will the excuses be when Gase tries to throw it 97 times next Sunday with Chris Hogan?

• Upvote 1

Just now, Philc1 said:

So what will the excuses be when Gase tries to throw it 97 times next Sunday with Chris Hogan?

Not an excuse. Gase may throw it 97 times he is not getting fired after week 2.

If the 49'ers are going to play 8 or 9 in the box early they are going to force Darnold to throw the football which is what they should be doing because our WR's are weak and our QB played very poorly. The running game will open up when Darnold and the WR's and TE's start making some plays.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, shawn306 said:

Not an excuse. Gase may throw it 97 times he is not getting fired after week 2.

If the 49'ers are going to play 8 or 9 in the box early they are going to force Darnold to throw the football which is what they should be doing because our WR's are weak and our QB played very poorly. The running game will open up when Darnold and the WR's and TE's start making some plays.

Adams and Gore both averaged 4.0 ypc yesterday.  Bell didn’t but he also looked like he was running with a sink tied to feet.  Our OL can run block capably even when there is 8 in the box.  There is no substantive reason to abandon the run when you have no wide receivers and the qb is running for his life every play

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

The best was the TE screen after the Bills had gotten a 15 yard facemask penalty and we were coming back 21-10 with momentum 

You mean like how the WR screen went for a 70 yard Crowder touchdown?

Oh, I get it, the screen is a dumb call when it doesn't work.  Silly me.  All plays called should result in a touchdown.  I'll try to remember that.

SAR I

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Adam Gase is a loser.  You can make every excuse in the book.  If we draft Lawrence or Fields he will ruin them too

I don't see how Adam Gase made Sam Darnold go from the 6-2 season ending hero in January to an 0-1 opening day bust in September when Sam Darnold spent the entire 36 week offseason at Jordan Palmer's Quarterback Whisper Factory.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

I don't see how Adam Gase made Sam Darnold go from the 6-2 season ending hero in January to an 0-1 opening day bust in September when Sam Darnold spent the entire 36 week offseason at Jordan Palmer's Quarterback Whisper Factory.

SAR I

Adam Gase sucks.  You can give him all the credit for when Sam plays well and then shift all the blame to Sam when things don’t go well.  He’s a worse version of Eric Mangini.  He’s a pompous clueless douchebag who his own players hate and opposing players love

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Adams and Gore both averaged 4.0 ypc yesterday.  Bell didn’t but he also looked like he was running with a sink tied to feet.  Our OL can run block capably even when there is 8 in the box.  There is no substantive reason to abandon the run when you have no wide receivers and the qb is running for his life every play

by the time Adams and Gore were carrying the ball the game was already out of hand. 

28 minutes ago, shawn306 said:

The Jets never tried to establish the run. When you're down 21-0 in the first half there's plenty of time and you can still run the ball. It's not like we were stringing together first downs passing the ball anyway. The Bills pass D is their strength - why target it? We also threw a bunch of ridiculously designed screen plays where there aren't any blockers and WR is expected to be Barry Sanders out there or something. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, JiF said:

The Patriots developed an offense to fit their talent.  It's happening everywhere around the league but it seems like here we are trying to fit the round peg into the square hole. 

It's been a criticism of Gase his entire career. He is not an offensive genius. He's a guy who likes to draw up plays in the dirt and then show them off so people will tell him how smart he is..

Just now, jeremy2020 said:

It's been a criticism of Gase his entire career. He is not an offensive genius. He's a guy who likes to draw up plays in the dirt and then show them off so people will tell him how smart he is..

Ofcourse he’s not a genius. Literally his biggest football achievement ever was getting coffee for Peyton Manning

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

There's a good video breakdown by Sabo. Sam was horrific. If he makes 3 easy throws in the 1st quarter, Josh Allen is watching from the sideline at least 3 more series of downs. Bills are good, but guys we're open & Sam missed them badly. 3 three & outs gave Allen the confidence & pace he loves to play at. Our defense was gashed badly, it looked like Clemson vs Wake Forest.

2 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

The Jets never tried to establish the run. When you're down 21-0 in the first half there's plenty of time and you can still run the ball. It's not like we were stringing together first downs passing the ball anyway. The Bills pass D is their strength - why target it? We also threw a bunch of ridiculously designed screen plays where there aren't any blockers and WR is expected to be Barry Sanders out there or something. 

Yeah but we had Chris Hogan as the Z receiver and Chris Herndon is lethal on the screen 

22 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Adam Gase sucks.  You can give him all the credit for when Sam plays well and then shift all the blame to Sam when things don’t go well.  He’s a worse version of Eric Mangini.  He’s a pompous clueless douchebag who his own players hate and opposing players love

I have never cared how my quarterbacks or head coaches appeared to the media.  That's for suckers and losers.

"Pompous clueless douchebag" is from the Manish Mehta thesaurus, never heard any Jets players refer to him that way.  

Rookie head coaches don't work out.  And all the good head coaching prospects don't want to come here.  Thank your lucky stars we have an experienced NFL head coach who took this job and is trying his hardest to make it work.  I don't care if fans don't respect him.  The players do, and for a young team trying to build something for the long-haul that's quite important. 

Your bruised feelings aren't anyone's concern but your own.  It's a great time to step away from the Jets, there are many other things to do on Sunday's than to pretend to root for a team you despise.

SAR I

27 minutes ago, JiF said:

The Patriots developed an offense to fit their talent.  It's happening everywhere around the league but it seems like here we are trying to fit the round peg into the square hole. 

Teams that are winning consistently have scrambling quarterbacks (Jackson, Allen, Murray, Watson) or run wide open offenses with high quality WR's (Chiefs, Rams, 49ers, Packers, Seahawks).

The Jets don't have a QB that can average 500+ yards rushing per season and they don't have the WR's or OL to play like Andy Reid.  The Jets don't have any pegs or any holes.  We are building an offense from the ground-up.  Apparently around Sam Darnold as a premier pocket passer.  Which he may not be. 

SAR I

25 minutes ago, Jetster said:

There's a good video breakdown by Sabo. Sam was horrific. If he makes 3 easy throws in the 1st quarter, Josh Allen is watching from the sideline at least 3 more series of downs. Bills are good, but guys we're open & Sam missed them badly. 3 three & outs gave Allen the confidence & pace he loves to play at. Our defense was gashed badly, it looked like Clemson vs Wake Forest.

Yup.

Hey, it's coaching's job to get the players ready to play, but what was happening on the field on O and D was high school stuff, things that all these players have been coached-up on since Pee Wee. 

Sam Darnold shouldn't need a quarterback whisperer to tell him to throw the ball away instead of running out of bounds, not to throw across his body to the middle of the field, not to daydream coming out of a TV timeout. 

On D, this is back-to-back seasons where Gregg Williams has lost his QB of the defense to injury but these guys are taught tackling technique, avoiding PI calls, wrapping up, containing a scramble, and reading a quarterbacks eyes since Pop Warner.

The Jets played a terrible game yesterday, and that's on the players.  The stuff they f-ed up is stuff they've been taught since they were 7 years old.

SAR I

57 minutes ago, Jetster said:

In fairness there were 3 drops early on that killed drives.  These drops were when the game was still in doubt.  Darnold won’t make every throw, but all those drops along with the missed throws tells me the entire offense was nervous, and i believe they were nervous because they knew they were very much out of synch and were probably going to suck.  

1 minute ago, Augustiniak said:

Sad but true, he’s a plodding back and the team functioned better last year with Powell, as it will when perine returns.

Yup we need a one cut style back, that hits the hole. Bell’s done, and no ones paying him in 2021. He’s not a bad receiver but he’s a useless back.