I’d take Rex in a heartbeat right now

Viermoo

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

That was a near perfect roster aside from the QB.  He failed as soon as the roster took a downturn.  He also failed in Buffalo with a very good roster, Greg Roman as his OC and a decent QB in Tyrod Taylor.  

F**k Rex.

By failed you mean he went 8-8

Adam Gase will never sniff 8-8 again as a head coach

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 2

Rex and Tanny specifically went out and got a rookie to be Qb of their team when that team with a competent good vet could have won.

At least one of those teams should never have been a wild card team but rather a div winner with a bye if they did not toss games in the reg season.

Why not strive to actually for once get a really good coach instead of one that had a bit of success but also sucked badly at times and was never  complete enough of a coach to win the big one.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

This is a hilarious statement for so many reasons.

A HC who can only succeed with Pro Bowlers across the roster, including at QB, is not a good HC at all.  He failed in two different spots where he had excellent circumstances.  Meanwhile the defense was significantly better in Buffalo under Jim Schwartz than it was under Rex Ryan. 

He had a losing record for his career and can't find a HC job anymore, after getting fired by Buffalo in just 2 years.

Reconcile all of that and still try to explain Rex Ryan was a good HC.  I'm excited for the mental gymnastics!

• Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, Irish Jet said:

This is a hilarious statement for so many reasons.

Rex inherited a team that went 9-7 the year before, had no qb, zero pass rush or Edge Rushers, and no wide receivers other than Cotchery who was okay at best

but yeah other than that “perfect” — just like Adam Gase’s playcalling yesterday 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, southtown24th said:

Rex Ryan was an EXCELLENT coach

this sh*t we have now is the worst thing I have ever seen.

ever.

Wouldn’t go that far.  He had his limitations but Rex was absolutely the best jets head coach I’ve ever seen that was not named Bill Parcells and I’ve been a hardcore fan since the early 90’s

22 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Adam Gase f ckin sucks d ck

He won 6 of his last 9 games.  That's progress.

The Jets are expected to have a 6 win ceiling and were 6 point underdogs.  They lost to a playoff team on the road by 10 points.  I don't remember you having the Jets as a 10-6 playoff team this year.  I don't remember you predicting a Jets win yesterday.

Gase is meeting your expectations until he loses his 11th game.  Then you can talk about how much he is letting you down.  Savvy?

SAR I

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

That was a near perfect roster aside from the QB.  He failed as soon as the roster took a downturn.  He also failed in Buffalo with a very good roster, Greg Roman as his OC and a decent QB in Tyrod Taylor.  

F**k Rex.

Near perfect?  Lmfao.  He inherited Kellen Clemens and Chansi Stuckey.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, y2k8 said:

Rex Ryan was not a good HC

Adam Gase is not a good HC.

Both things can be true.

How about we finally find an HC who is good?  

There was a Super Bowl winning HC available - that wanted to come here...

Yet, once again, our fans shunned him in favor of a guy that was just fired within our division for not just losing but also alienating his best players with his personality disorder....

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

1 minute ago, y2k8 said:

Rex Ryan was not a good HC

Adam Gase is not a good HC.

Both things can be true.

How about we finally find an HC who is good?  

First off, the Johnson's need to completely be left out of that decision.  And we're going to need Joe Douglas to sell a bad situation well in order to hire a good HC. 

Having four first round picks in the next 2 seasons and a lot of cap space is nice and all, but much like Douglas got a 6-year deal here, the HC will need to be given a lengthy deal to get things turned around.  

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, JiF said:

Near perfect?  Lmfao.  He inherited Kellen Clemens and Chansi Stuckey.

Ferguson, Faneca, Mangold, Moore, Woody, Cotchery.  Revis, Harris, Rhodes, Calvin Pace on defense. 

That's as good of a core as a new HC can ask for.  RB is a plug n play position, and we all know WR's look pretty good when a QB has time to throw.

I mean hell, the team went 9-7 the season before Rex Ryan arrived.  This wasn't the sisters of the poor he inherited.

• Upvote 2