Hear me out re:Gase (a long shot)

jetswin

2 minutes ago, jetswin said:

Hear me out on this one and i'd love your opinions.

The Jets obviously have an affinity for Gase, they have guaranteed him a lot of money and given him a lot of responsibility...he may be able to turn things around with one simple move and make his mark as a responsible, mature, ego in check coach. We all know the Jets need attention in all aspects of the team, and having the team buy in amazingly after one week may be the most important thing. A head coach needs to delegate, they are managers, and I've said this for years, you can't ignore everything else and concentrate entirely on one aspect of the game. How could he improve his deserved or undeserved reputation as having problems with players? How can he make sure the Jets improve in specials? How can he make sure everyone on both sides of the ball are executing?

One simple answer, turn over the play calling to Jim Bob Cooter, I say him over Loggins simply because those two have been together too long, i fear much of the same. If Gase pulls a reverse Parcells (remember when he took play calling away from Ernhart, at least i think it was him) and takes on the true head coach, no longer distracted by play calling, and absorbed more of the game on game day, he may be able to see things he doesn't normally. Coach up your team, correct mistakes on both sides of the ball, extend your career, and turn around this season before it's done.

This would take a remarkable maturity on his part, but could actually help him attain the ability to become a long term NFL coach. If the Jets continue to look as they did we all know what NFL will stand for in regard to him.

Thoughts?

It's a quality thought but Gase has said many times that play calling is "fun" and rewarding and all that. He is not voluntarily giving it up. People want to bash Sam and the passing game, but I think our running game (and Bell) is our biggest issue

Reporter asked Gase if he regretted any play calls from Sunday.  Gase said that after watching film, he wouldn't change a single call.  Perfection in his mind, apparently.

Ever notice that when the Pats win by 40 you'll hear BB after the game say "we have a lot of work to do.  Didn't tackle well, didn't' block well, left some plays on the field".

Gase?  His offense produces one non-garbage time TD and it was sheer perfection.  No need to change anything.  No regrets.  I mean, he did coach Peyton Manning after all.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, SOJ said:

Reporter asked Gase if he regretted any play calls from Sunday.  Gase said that after watching film, he wouldn't change a single call.  Perfection in his mind, apparently.

Ever notice that when the Pats win by 40 you'll hear BB after the game say "we have a lot of work to do.  Didn't tackle well, didn't' block well, left some plays on the field".

Gase?  His offense produces one non-garbage time TD and it was sheer perfection.  No need to change anything.  No regrets.  I mean, he did coach Peyton Manning after all.

as much as I hate Belidweeb he coaches and lets his coordinators call plays...Andy Reed another example, these guys are successful for a reason. Gase is a young guy, I just want Jets success, and if it coincides with his great, otherwise take a walk.

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, SOJ said:

I heard that quote splashed across the media today. He may not regret his play calling but I wonder if he regrets that sound bite? I suspect he's a micro manager, he's bright enough but he is a poor communicator...it's not his strength and it's a fatal weakness for a head coach. 

The man, it seems cannot delegate because those players looked lost, they looked directionless. All those great game plans that are in his head are not being effectively taught to the players.

It's one bad game, they are going to get better but the communication level is not there to achieve consistent winning. This team will improve from yesterday and pull together  random wins through the year but I don't sense an organizational cohesiveness. 

I think you need good teachers, great communicators and leaders to instill the disciple required for consistent winning.

Our ex pain-in-the-butt safety, as much as it bothers me to admit it, was onto something.

55 minutes ago, jetswin said:

as much as I hate Belidweeb he coaches and lets his coordinators call plays...Andy Reed another example, these guys are successful for a reason. Gase is a young guy, I just want Jets success, and if it coincides with his great, otherwise take a walk.

Andy Reid is a poor example to use as he makes all of the offensive calls.

• Upvote 1

Gase conned the Johnsons (who are easy to con) into a HC contract when the entire league knew he didnt deserve it. See the "I'm rich a F already comment." Jets came out flat and unprepared yesterday and looked like they hadn't practiced at all this summer. Gase is good at looking as if he's working hard but not doing anything really other than the bare minimum. He's another HC, like Bowles, who are using clueless ownership into million dollar contracts for as long as they can get it. People around the league I'm sure realize the Jets are the job to have when you know there's never a chance you're a HC again.

• Upvote 3

I dont think his ego would ever let it happen.

That said, I think you can call plays on offense and be a Head Coach.  I think it's tougher on D.  All the tough decisions are made on offense.  So in terms of in game management, I dont think it hurts and when you have a DC like Williams, what insight can Gase really provide? 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, jetswin said:

The Jets obviously have an affinity for Gase, they have guaranteed him a lot of money and given him a lot of responsibility...he may be able to turn things around with one simple move and make his mark as a responsible, mature, ego in check coach. We all know the Jets need attention in all aspects of the team, and having the team buy in amazingly after one week may be the most important thing. A head coach needs to delegate, they are managers, and I've said this for years, you can't ignore everything else and concentrate entirely on one aspect of the game. How could he improve his deserved or undeserved reputation as having problems with players? How can he make sure the Jets improve in specials? How can he make sure everyone on both sides of the ball are executing?

One simple answer, turn over the play calling to Jim Bob Cooter, I say him over Loggins simply because those two have been together too long, i fear much of the same. If Gase pulls a reverse Parcells (remember when he took play calling away from Ernhart, at least i think it was him) and takes on the true head coach, no longer distracted by play calling, and absorbed more of the game on game day, he may be able to see things he doesn't normally. Coach up your team, correct mistakes on both sides of the ball, extend your career, and turn around this season before it's done.

This would take a remarkable maturity on his part, but could actually help him attain the ability to become a long term NFL coach. If the Jets continue to look as they did we all know what NFL will stand for in regard to him.

Thoughts?

NO.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, JiF said:

I dont think his ego would ever let it happen.

That said, I think you can call plays on offense and be a Head Coach.  I think it's tougher on D.  All the tough decisions are made on offense.  So in terms of in game management, I dont think it hurts and when you have a DC like Williams, what insight can Gase really provide? 

I think he could learn some defense from Williams...he needs to be more rounded, he is too offense centric, and the team is suffering because of it. It may help explain what Adams was talking bout Gangrene was referencing above.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, jetswin said:

Thoughts?

I think we should turn you over to Bellevue psych unit.

1 hour ago, Matt39 said:

Gase conned the Johnsons (who are easy to con) into a HC contract when the entire league knew he didnt deserve it. See the "I'm rich a F already comment." Jets came out flat and unprepared yesterday and looked like they hadn't practiced at all this summer. Gase is good at looking as if he's working hard but not doing anything really other than the bare minimum. He's another HC, like Bowles, who are using clueless ownership into million dollar contracts for as long as they can get it. People around the league I'm sure realize the Jets are the job to have when you know there's never a chance you're a HC again.

The Jets are the biggest suckers and the most easy money in the league. They have the ideal fleecing environment and built the wrong kind of reputation. No other team is as bad as us in this regard.

We are doomed and even a good GM can’t save us if we can’t attract a good coach and only free agents that cash in and stop playing. I’m happy that politics has ruined football for me because this franchise is a joke and doesn’t deserve any fans. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

4 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

The Jets are the biggest suckers and the most easy money in the league. They have the ideal fleecing environment and built the wrong kind of reputation. No other team is as bad as us in this regard.

We are doomed and even a good GM can’t save us if we can’t attract a good coach and only free agents that cash in and stop playing. I’m happy that politics has ruined football for me because this franchise is a joke and doesn’t deserve any fans. 

Bowles hired his buddies- got 4 years and made millions. Gase, also hires his buddies, creates an environment of plausible deniability, and will probably con the Johnsons into at least 3 seasons of nothing. Franchise just doesnt give a sh*t about winning.

• Post of the Week 1

3 hours ago, johnnysd said:

It's a quality thought but Gase has said many times that play calling is "fun" and rewarding and all that. He is not voluntarily giving it up. People want to bash Sam and the passing game, but I think our running game (and Bell) is our biggest issue

Then he should have remained an OC not a HC. What does he want to be a HC for then?

Instead of this...I'll take a quote from Belichick talking about cam...

"When your starting quarterback has things that he's good at or things that you can take advantage of, then I think you try to take advantage of them," Belichick noted.

The 1 simple thing that Gase can do is stop trying hammer Darnold's square peg into into his round hole

• Upvote 1

On 9/14/2020 at 6:33 PM, jetswin said:

Thoughts?

I plus repped you because you are Jetswin, and one of my favorite Jets Fans ever.

On the thread, I don't see it happening.  Gase is borderline autistic (definitely on the spectrum), and I think such ideas are simply beyond him.  He thinks it's everyone else's fault, not his offenses fault.

• Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I plus repped you because you are Jetswin, and one of my favorite Jets Fans ever.

On the thread, I don't see it happening.  Gase is borderline autistic (definitely on the spectrum), and I think such ideas are simply beyond him.  He thinks it's everyone else's fault, not his offenses fault.

Thank you!, same at you...

and I think you are correct

• Sympathy 1