Jump to content
jetswin

Hear me out re:Gase (a long shot)

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, jetswin said:

Hear me out on this one and i'd love your opinions.

The Jets obviously have an affinity for Gase, they have guaranteed him a lot of money and given him a lot of responsibility...he may be able to turn things around with one simple move and make his mark as a responsible, mature, ego in check coach. We all know the Jets need attention in all aspects of the team, and having the team buy in amazingly after one week may be the most important thing. A head coach needs to delegate, they are managers, and I've said this for years, you can't ignore everything else and concentrate entirely on one aspect of the game. How could he improve his deserved or undeserved reputation as having problems with players? How can he make sure the Jets improve in specials? How can he make sure everyone on both sides of the ball are executing?

One simple answer, turn over the play calling to Jim Bob Cooter, I say him over Loggins simply because those two have been together too long, i fear much of the same. If Gase pulls a reverse Parcells (remember when he took play calling away from Ernhart, at least i think it was him) and takes on the true head coach, no longer distracted by play calling, and absorbed more of the game on game day, he may be able to see things he doesn't normally. Coach up your team, correct mistakes on both sides of the ball, extend your career, and turn around this season before it's done.

This would take a remarkable maturity on his part, but could actually help him attain the ability to become a long term NFL coach. If the Jets continue to look as they did we all know what NFL will stand for in regard to him.

 

Thoughts?

It's a quality thought but Gase has said many times that play calling is "fun" and rewarding and all that. He is not voluntarily giving it up. People want to bash Sam and the passing game, but I think our running game (and Bell) is our biggest issue

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Reporter asked Gase if he regretted any play calls from Sunday.  Gase said that after watching film, he wouldn't change a single call.  Perfection in his mind, apparently.

Ever notice that when the Pats win by 40 you'll hear BB after the game say "we have a lot of work to do.  Didn't tackle well, didn't' block well, left some plays on the field".

Gase?  His offense produces one non-garbage time TD and it was sheer perfection.  No need to change anything.  No regrets.  I mean, he did coach Peyton Manning after all.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, SOJ said:

Reporter asked Gase if he regretted any play calls from Sunday.  Gase said that after watching film, he wouldn't change a single call.  Perfection in his mind, apparently.

Ever notice that when the Pats win by 40 you'll hear BB after the game say "we have a lot of work to do.  Didn't tackle well, didn't' block well, left some plays on the field".

Gase?  His offense produces one non-garbage time TD and it was sheer perfection.  No need to change anything.  No regrets.  I mean, he did coach Peyton Manning after all.

as much as I hate Belidweeb he coaches and lets his coordinators call plays...Andy Reed another example, these guys are successful for a reason. Gase is a young guy, I just want Jets success, and if it coincides with his great, otherwise take a walk.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, SOJ said:

Reporter asked Gase if he regretted any play calls from Sunday.  Gase said that after watching film, he wouldn't change a single call.  Perfection in his mind, apparently.

Ever notice that when the Pats win by 40 you'll hear BB after the game say "we have a lot of work to do.  Didn't tackle well, didn't' block well, left some plays on the field".

Gase?  His offense produces one non-garbage time TD and it was sheer perfection.  No need to change anything.  No regrets.  I mean, he did coach Peyton Manning after all.

I heard that quote splashed across the media today. He may not regret his play calling but I wonder if he regrets that sound bite? I suspect he's a micro manager, he's bright enough but he is a poor communicator...it's not his strength and it's a fatal weakness for a head coach. 

The man, it seems cannot delegate because those players looked lost, they looked directionless. All those great game plans that are in his head are not being effectively taught to the players.

It's one bad game, they are going to get better but the communication level is not there to achieve consistent winning. This team will improve from yesterday and pull together  random wins through the year but I don't sense an organizational cohesiveness. 

I think you need good teachers, great communicators and leaders to instill the disciple required for consistent winning.

Our ex pain-in-the-butt safety, as much as it bothers me to admit it, was onto something.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, jetswin said:

as much as I hate Belidweeb he coaches and lets his coordinators call plays...Andy Reed another example, these guys are successful for a reason. Gase is a young guy, I just want Jets success, and if it coincides with his great, otherwise take a walk.

Andy Reid is a poor example to use as he makes all of the offensive calls.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gase conned the Johnsons (who are easy to con) into a HC contract when the entire league knew he didnt deserve it. See the "I'm rich a F already comment." Jets came out flat and unprepared yesterday and looked like they hadn't practiced at all this summer. Gase is good at looking as if he's working hard but not doing anything really other than the bare minimum. He's another HC, like Bowles, who are using clueless ownership into million dollar contracts for as long as they can get it. People around the league I'm sure realize the Jets are the job to have when you know there's never a chance you're a HC again.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I dont think his ego would ever let it happen.

That said, I think you can call plays on offense and be a Head Coach.  I think it's tougher on D.  All the tough decisions are made on offense.  So in terms of in game management, I dont think it hurts and when you have a DC like Williams, what insight can Gase really provide? 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jetswin said:

Hear me out on this one and i'd love your opinions.

The Jets obviously have an affinity for Gase, they have guaranteed him a lot of money and given him a lot of responsibility...he may be able to turn things around with one simple move and make his mark as a responsible, mature, ego in check coach. We all know the Jets need attention in all aspects of the team, and having the team buy in amazingly after one week may be the most important thing. A head coach needs to delegate, they are managers, and I've said this for years, you can't ignore everything else and concentrate entirely on one aspect of the game. How could he improve his deserved or undeserved reputation as having problems with players? How can he make sure the Jets improve in specials? How can he make sure everyone on both sides of the ball are executing?

One simple answer, turn over the play calling to Jim Bob Cooter, I say him over Loggins simply because those two have been together too long, i fear much of the same. If Gase pulls a reverse Parcells (remember when he took play calling away from Ernhart, at least i think it was him) and takes on the true head coach, no longer distracted by play calling, and absorbed more of the game on game day, he may be able to see things he doesn't normally. Coach up your team, correct mistakes on both sides of the ball, extend your career, and turn around this season before it's done.

This would take a remarkable maturity on his part, but could actually help him attain the ability to become a long term NFL coach. If the Jets continue to look as they did we all know what NFL will stand for in regard to him.

 

Thoughts?

NO.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, JiF said:

I dont think his ego would ever let it happen.

That said, I think you can call plays on offense and be a Head Coach.  I think it's tougher on D.  All the tough decisions are made on offense.  So in terms of in game management, I dont think it hurts and when you have a DC like Williams, what insight can Gase really provide? 

I think he could learn some defense from Williams...he needs to be more rounded, he is too offense centric, and the team is suffering because of it. It may help explain what Adams was talking bout Gangrene was referencing above.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Joejet said:

Andy Reid is a poor example to use as he makes all of the offensive calls.

pretty sure Bieneny is calling plays, could be wrong

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jetswin said:

Hear me out on this one and i'd love your opinions.

The Jets obviously have an affinity for Gase, they have guaranteed him a lot of money and given him a lot of responsibility...he may be able to turn things around with one simple move and make his mark as a responsible, mature, ego in check coach. We all know the Jets need attention in all aspects of the team, and having the team buy in amazingly after one week may be the most important thing. A head coach needs to delegate, they are managers, and I've said this for years, you can't ignore everything else and concentrate entirely on one aspect of the game. How could he improve his deserved or undeserved reputation as having problems with players? How can he make sure the Jets improve in specials? How can he make sure everyone on both sides of the ball are executing?

One simple answer, turn over the play calling to Jim Bob Cooter, I say him over Loggins simply because those two have been together too long, i fear much of the same. If Gase pulls a reverse Parcells (remember when he took play calling away from Ernhart, at least i think it was him) and takes on the true head coach, no longer distracted by play calling, and absorbed more of the game on game day, he may be able to see things he doesn't normally. Coach up your team, correct mistakes on both sides of the ball, extend your career, and turn around this season before it's done.

This would take a remarkable maturity on his part, but could actually help him attain the ability to become a long term NFL coach. If the Jets continue to look as they did we all know what NFL will stand for in regard to him.

 

Thoughts?

I think we should turn you over to Bellevue psych unit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Matt39 said:

Gase conned the Johnsons (who are easy to con) into a HC contract when the entire league knew he didnt deserve it. See the "I'm rich a F already comment." Jets came out flat and unprepared yesterday and looked like they hadn't practiced at all this summer. Gase is good at looking as if he's working hard but not doing anything really other than the bare minimum. He's another HC, like Bowles, who are using clueless ownership into million dollar contracts for as long as they can get it. People around the league I'm sure realize the Jets are the job to have when you know there's never a chance you're a HC again.

The Jets are the biggest suckers and the most easy money in the league. They have the ideal fleecing environment and built the wrong kind of reputation. No other team is as bad as us in this regard.

We are doomed and even a good GM can’t save us if we can’t attract a good coach and only free agents that cash in and stop playing. I’m happy that politics has ruined football for me because this franchise is a joke and doesn’t deserve any fans. 

  • Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

The Jets are the biggest suckers and the most easy money in the league. They have the ideal fleecing environment and built the wrong kind of reputation. No other team is as bad as us in this regard.

We are doomed and even a good GM can’t save us if we can’t attract a good coach and only free agents that cash in and stop playing. I’m happy that politics has ruined football for me because this franchise is a joke and doesn’t deserve any fans. 

Bowles hired his buddies- got 4 years and made millions. Gase, also hires his buddies, creates an environment of plausible deniability, and will probably con the Johnsons into at least 3 seasons of nothing. Franchise just doesnt give a sh*t about winning.

  • Sad 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The guy sux, with the ownership, better long shot is he would of been fired yesterday! Hopefully, he’s gone soon. My sons pee wee flag football coach calls a better game than this moron and is more creative.


Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gase would never give up play calling. Its the only thing he enjoys about the game. He's a bum.

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gase is terrible and Loggains is a do nothing hump who has no business being  an NFL ball boy, much less a phony coordinator. 

 

Fire them both. Now. Please. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The jets stink.  How many Jets could start for Buffalo?    any?  
 

This team lacks talent, you can’t even tell if gase knows what he’s doing or not.  This mess was years in the making and basically year 1.5 of the 3rd rebuild in a decade. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, johnnysd said:

It's a quality thought but Gase has said many times that play calling is "fun" and rewarding and all that. He is not voluntarily giving it up. People want to bash Sam and the passing game, but I think our running game (and Bell) is our biggest issue

Then he should have remained an OC not a HC. What does he want to be a HC for then?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Instead of this...I'll take a quote from Belichick talking about cam...

"When your starting quarterback has things that he's good at or things that you can take advantage of, then I think you try to take advantage of them," Belichick noted.

The 1 simple thing that Gase can do is stop trying hammer Darnold's square peg into into his round hole

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i could never get how HC at this level can only “know” O or D.
are they not just two sides of the coin? you must know the strengths and weaknesses of your adversary to succeed on your side of the ball.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jetswin said:

well as week later and I still think it's time to try this

When it comes to this coaching staff, the fish rots from the head down. 

Cut off the head. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/14/2020 at 6:33 PM, jetswin said:

Hear me out on this one and i'd love your opinions.

The Jets obviously have an affinity for Gase, they have guaranteed him a lot of money and given him a lot of responsibility...he may be able to turn things around with one simple move and make his mark as a responsible, mature, ego in check coach. We all know the Jets need attention in all aspects of the team, and having the team buy in amazingly after one week may be the most important thing. A head coach needs to delegate, they are managers, and I've said this for years, you can't ignore everything else and concentrate entirely on one aspect of the game. How could he improve his deserved or undeserved reputation as having problems with players? How can he make sure the Jets improve in specials? How can he make sure everyone on both sides of the ball are executing?

One simple answer, turn over the play calling to Jim Bob Cooter, I say him over Loggins simply because those two have been together too long, i fear much of the same. If Gase pulls a reverse Parcells (remember when he took play calling away from Ernhart, at least i think it was him) and takes on the true head coach, no longer distracted by play calling, and absorbed more of the game on game day, he may be able to see things he doesn't normally. Coach up your team, correct mistakes on both sides of the ball, extend your career, and turn around this season before it's done.

This would take a remarkable maturity on his part, but could actually help him attain the ability to become a long term NFL coach. If the Jets continue to look as they did we all know what NFL will stand for in regard to him.

 

Thoughts?

I plus repped you because you are Jetswin, and one of my favorite Jets Fans ever.

On the thread, I don't see it happening.  Gase is borderline autistic (definitely on the spectrum), and I think such ideas are simply beyond him.  He thinks it's everyone else's fault, not his offenses fault.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I plus repped you because you are Jetswin, and one of my favorite Jets Fans ever.

On the thread, I don't see it happening.  Gase is borderline autistic (definitely on the spectrum), and I think such ideas are simply beyond him.  He thinks it's everyone else's fault, not his offenses fault.

Thank you!, same at you...

 

and I think you are correct

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/14/2020 at 9:50 PM, LionelRichie said:

The jets stink.  How many Jets could start for Buffalo?    any?  

2

Becton

Quinnen

end of list 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, bitonti said:

2

Becton

Quinnen

end of list 

 

We have a better punter too. Maybe long snapper as well.

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, JetPotato said:

We have a better punter too. Maybe long snapper as well.

the Jets punters and long snappers get the most reps in the league, they should be good at it 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...