Did we just ignore J Clowney and Aldon Smith?

2 minutes ago, David Harris said:

With the fragile state of this team both guys would have been inappropriate IMO. Sign Clowney as a $13 mill rents so he can isolate and take plays off and then go elsewhere.  Aldon  Smith is a straight up addict with Thor genes- Josh Gordon’s mental makeup clone.

I want talent but not these two. For what? So we can win 4 games instead of 3, fine with passing on both.

Okay that makes sense to  me. Do you think Aldon Smith  makes it the whole season? Looked pretty awesome yesterday.

19 minutes ago, Dcronin said:

Okay that makes sense to  me. Do you think Aldon Smith  makes it the whole season? Looked pretty awesome yesterday.

He looked great. what a freak of nature to take years and years off from football and be able to do that. Makes you shake your head at what coulda been.

who knows what happens. he’s a total wildcard. I thought josh Gordon fixed himself- a strikingly intelligent guy who had some wires crossed in his decision making. Aldon’s wiring is the same. 

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

The jets have not had a true pass rusher since john Abraham.  That is a disgrace.

The Jets idea of providing a pass rush was sending Adams, who could do little else but blitz.

Never attempting to find or develop a rusher in the last 20 years

• Thumb Down 1
1 hour ago, hmhertz said:

The Jets idea of providing a pass rush was sending Adams, who could do little else but blitz.

Never attempting to find or develop a rusher in the last 20 years

and yet his replacement had 2 acks and whiffed like reggie jackson on a 3rd

• Upvote 1

Winning 4 games is in fact better than winning 3 games. It's kinda the whole point. To win games and build a winning program

For those who think that tanking is a real thing in nfl there's a suck for Sam 17 thread waiting to be necro'ed

At one point it was stickied

With the fragile state of this team both guys would have been inappropriate IMO. Sign Clowney as a $13 mill rents so he can isolate and take plays off and then go elsewhere.  Aldon  Smith is a straight up addict with Thor genes- Josh Gordon’s mental makeup clone.
I want talent but not these two. For what? So we can win 4 games instead of 3, fine with passing on both.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using JetNation.com mobile app

52 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Winning 4 games is in fact better than winning 3 games. It's kinda the whole point. To win games and build a winning program

For those who think that tanking is a real thing in nfl there's a suck for Sam 17 thread waiting to be necro'ed

At one point it was stickied

Sent from my Pixel 2 using JetNation.com mobile app

Winning Superbowls is the point. Not being mediocre with expensive band aids. I don’t want 4-9 games. I want 12-14.

• Like 1