A nice young core to build around

kmnj

As I watched this weeks games some familiar faces were prominently displayed.

teddy bridgewater-he is better than Sam

Jamal Adams-he is better than anything we have

Demario Davis-he is better than anything we have

Leonard Williams-he is better than anything we have

Robby Anderson-he is better than anything we have

a team built around ex jets would be better than a team built around current jets and it is not even close

• Thumb Down 18
  • WTF? 2
  • Sympathy 2
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

31 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Lol @ has Leonard Williams 

All of the others are correct 

who do we have better than Leo up front?

Did he fail to live up to expectations with us yes-does he have skills yes

He looked pretty nice last night and has skills we just could not get him to produce in "our system" we always have a system not suited towards our talent and ironically that system builds losing teams. Last night he looked good-had a sack and a few tackles for a loss.

3 minutes ago, kmnj said:

who do we have better than Leo up front?

Did he fail to live up to expectations with us yes-does he have skills yes

He looked pretty nice last night and has skills we just could not get him to produce in "our system" we always have a system not suited towards our talent and ironically that system builds losing teams. Last night he looked good-had a sack and a few tackles for a loss.

He's basically interchangeable with several of our D-linemen. Considering that he signed a franchise tender this year, he is also considerably more expensive than any of them. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, kmnj said:

a team built around ex jets would be better than a team built around current jets and it is not even close

SOJF

• Upvote 1

Just now, slimjasi said:

He's basically interchangeable with several of our D-linemen. Considering that he signed a franchise tender this year, he is also considerably more expensive than any of them. 

He will get more sacks this year than anybody we have up front- and money we have plenty of it and had plenty of it

we are the only team that rebuilds by getting rid guys that others want and pay a premium for and to top it off we replace them with players that perform worse.

I will give the benefit of the doubt that Douglass will make something of the two draft picks for Adams but Jet history shows we wont get the same caliber guy-do I hope Douglass has a bright future instead of another one following our past? YES YES YES

1 hour ago, kmnj said:

leo?  did adams have a better game than maye?  didn't think so. and outside of the 75 yard td catch robbie was pretty pedestrian.

• Upvote 3

37 minutes ago, rangerous said:

leo?  did adams have a better game than maye?  didn't think so. and outside of the 75 yard td catch robbie was pretty pedestrian.

lol so u dont count the touch down? yeah lets just ignore the fact he did EXACTLY what you want from him 

Adams is better than Maye -nobody would take Maye over Adams

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, kmnj said:

lol so u dont count the touch down? yeah lets just ignore the fact he did EXACTLY what you want from him 

Adams is better than Maye -nobody would take Maye over Adams

the question isn't whether adams is a better player than maye but which player will work in the scheme the jets run.  maye had 2 sacks compared with adams one.  as for robbie, so he caught a td.  that's what he's supposed to do but take away the 75yard pass play and his stats are pedestrian.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, rangerous said:

the question isn't whether adams is a better player than maye but which player will work in the scheme the jets run.  maye had 2 sacks compared with adams one.  as for robbie, so he caught a td.  that's what he's supposed to do but take away the 75yard pass play and his stats are pedestrian.

I wish Perriman caught a 75 yard TD

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

7 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Against the Raiders or vs Tre'Davious White?

Point taken, in such a big year for Darnold, I either wanted Anderson resigned or I wanted to trade for a solid veteran WR. I think Douglas leaving the WR room as barren as it currently is was a big mistake. 

Obviously, nobody could count on Mims immediately hurting both hamstrings - although, come to think of it, anyone who has followed the Jets for more than a few years probably could have seen that one coming as well. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Point taken, in such a big year for Darnold, I either wanted Anderson resigned or I wanted to trade for a solid veteran WR. I think Douglas leaving the WR room as barren as it currently is was a big mistake. 

Obviously, nobody could count on Mims immediately hurting both hamstrings - although, come to think of it, anyone who has followed the Jets for more than a few years probably could have seen that one coming as well. 

It’s almost as if douglas was testing darnold to see if he could elevate the offense with minimal talent.  

3 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

It’s almost as if douglas was testing darnold to see if he could elevate the offense with minimal talent.  

Eh, I think it's more likely that he didn't want to overpay Anderson, genuinely believed that Perriman would an adequate (and cheaper) alternative, and thought he could land a guy in the draft who could contribute more or less right away. 

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

That is the expensive core of a perennially 7-9 football team. 

You know .. ,this cannot be overstated ... sucking ass perennially leads to one thing ... high draft picks ... that leads to one thing .. expensive players.  Better to develop good players into great players than to alwys be drafting top 10 guys that Jet on the second contract because we are 'rebuilding' endlessly.

The problem isn't whether they were better but whether they were worth investing in. Adams is an elite safety but given the state of the franchise I'd much rather have the draft picks and cap space than having his record breaking contract. Williams is nowhere near worth the money he's after, something the Giants are finding out. Even if we're better off without Sam and I wouldn't see Bridgewater as the guy long term. 

The only big regret I'd have right now is Robby. Thought it was crazy not to sign him and even crazier to go with Perriman for only slightly less, even if it's only for a season. I think Robby is a legit rare talent that any team in the NFL would love to have. A one trick pony he may be but it's the most valuable trick in the game. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, kmnj said:

Wouldn’t that be Teddy B w/ a 1st and a gaggle of second round picks? 

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, rangerous said:

take away my  legs and I dont need sneakers-

take away those superbowl games and brady has no rings

the 75 yard TD is part of his stats- take away those bills touchdowns and we beat them

your logic is absurd-stats are made up of the plays one was involved in-take away all of those losses from last year and gase and the jets were  a great team

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, kmnj said:

the 75 yard TD is part of his stats- take away those bills touchdowns and we beat them

your logic is absurd-stats are made up of the plays one was involved in-take away all of those losses from last year and gase and the jets were  a great team

I think his point was that if you're evaluating a player by a 75 yard td in one game, you're being a little optimistic, or in this case, pessimistic, especially when it came against a rookie playing in his first game, first round draft pick or not. The kid bit on what was not even a good move, he followed Anderson in motion and then was playing catch up.  And again, this is one play we're talking about.

1 hour ago, kmnj said:

i didn't watch the carolina game so i have no way of knowing if it was a busted play or bad defense etc.  in robbie's case he hit his ceiling.  sure he may have 6-7 td catches but that's on a team that has a good offense and hasn't suffered through 10 years of bad drafting.