A nice young core to build around

kmnj

Watch the game if you can it was game of the week, 6 lead changes. The car pk missed the xp early and they were chasing it all game. It would have probably gone to OT otherwise

As for sun ra he caught the first play of the game, little dink and dunkers as the game goes on and then breaks that 75 yarder

What was even more impressive was his 2 pt conversion the very next play after the bomb. The play broke down and he worked his way back to teddy.

Robby Anderson is a baller. And in light of dj Moore dumb ass penalty, might be their real WR1 or at least 1A

i didn't watch the carolina game so i have no way of knowing if it was a busted play or bad defense etc.  in robbie's case he hit his ceiling.  sure he may have 6-7 td catches but that's on a team that has a good offense and hasn't suffered through 10 years of bad drafting.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 3

20 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

Anything to slag Robby. It's pathetic. 

that Robby catch was a great play-faked out the cover guy then made a guy miss

if our jaq "number one" perriman had made that play people would be singing his praises LOUDLY

I bet Sam wishes Robby was still here.

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, kmnj said:

As I watched this weeks games some familiar faces were prominently displayed.

teddy bridgewater-he is better than Sam

Jamal Adams-he is better than anything we have

Demario Davis-he is better than anything we have

Leonard Williams-he is better than anything we have

Robby Anderson-he is better than anything we have

a team built around ex jets would be better than a team built around current jets and it is not even close

Not if they were coached by Gase

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

7 hours ago, kmnj said:

As I watched this weeks games some familiar faces were prominently displayed.

teddy bridgewater-he is better than Sam

Jamal Adams-he is better than anything we have

Demario Davis-he is better than anything we have

Leonard Williams-he is better than anything we have

Robby Anderson-he is better than anything we have

a team built around ex jets would be better than a team built around current jets and it is not even close

There's a reason they are EX JETS

17 minutes ago, kmnj said:

if our jaq "number one" perriman had made that play people would be singing his praises LOUDLY

Robbo is a solid WR2/3 top 25% of WRs deep threat. NOt too shabby for an UDFA. No need to slag him cos he isnt megatron, Julio or prime OBJ.

7 hours ago, kmnj said:

I bet he does too, as does most of us fans.  It is amazing how much folks used to dismiss "one trick pony" Anderson as if the ability to take to the house was a bad trick to have.  I am not going to write Perriman off but Robby did have chemistry with Sam.   With Perriman getting injured in camp, he and Sam need to get on the same page, and need to do so asap.   

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Gangrene said:

Missing from that list is our ex choir boy with his delicate touch on social media,

Sheldon Richardson. That dude can play ball.

45a66cd6.jpg

Sheldon Richardson
Sheldon Adam Richardson is an American football defensive tackle for the Cleveland Browns of the National Football League. He played college football at Missouri, and was drafted by the New York Jets in the first round of the 2013 NFL Draft. Richardson has also played for the Seattle Seahawks, and Minnesota Vikings.Wikipedia
Position:Defensive tackle
Date of birth:November 29, 1990
Place of birth:St. Louis, Missouri
High school:Gateway Tech, (St. Louis, Missouri)
College:Missouri
NFL Draft:2013 / Round: 1/ Pick: 13
Roster status:Active
From Wikipedia, LOL!!!!!
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, bealeb319 said:

To be fair we wouldn't be able to build around that team cause they all wanted big paydays. Would have no cap space to sign anyone else and the only star of the bunch is Adams.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

Ok, fine. But can we keep some of them? Robbie is on a team with C-Mac, highest paid RB in the league. And we can't afford him because what, we also have Le'Veon? B.S.

18 hours ago, rangerous said:

the question isn't whether adams is a better player than maye but which player will work in the scheme the jets run.  maye had 2 sacks compared with adams one.  as for robbie, so he caught a td.  that's what he's supposed to do but take away the 75yard pass play and his stats are pedestrian.

Lol...you are kidding right?

If not, I feel the same way about Tom Brady, take away the 6 Super Bowl wins and the many league MVP awards and he’s just another guy to be honest 

• Upvote 2

14 hours ago, Losmeister said:

theythrew mostly underneath stuff, maybe one deeper shot, all game...he made an out move and blew past the guy...

The cb is first round pick D Arnette. Whose going to be a very Good cb in this league , but make a rookie mistake.  ( Robbie Anderson went in motion - so wasn’t able to play bump and run).  You’re up 12 point, and must know the situation there.   You let him catch that out short, and tackle him , you don’t bite on that move.     ( it happens- to a guy making his first professional debut) 

The biggest error was the safety( Erik Harris) who took a terrible angle .  A starting Fs has to make that tackle , what should been 15 -20 yard game turned into 75 yard Td.  That what speed does as you make one mistake, and it can cost you in a blink of an eye.

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, Raideraholic said:

You’re up 12 point, and must know the situation there.

They were up 5 pts...   yes, the S took silly angle.... 

npt quite as bad as Maye last year vs OBJ, where he simply turned he back and ran like an idiot away from the play

Robbo just doing his thing,

And the Sir Purr is better than anything likely to come off the Jets sideline all year! 

1 hour ago, redlichtie said:

If not, I feel the same way about Tom Brady, take away the 6 Super Bowl wins and the many league MVP awards and he’s just another guy to be honest 

Its the Sam Darnold stats routine. Just count the good games and pretend the horrible ones dont count...

although all metrics say he's a bottom 6 QB in the NFL

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

They were up 5 pts...   yes, the S took silly angle.... 

npt quite as bad as Maye last year vs OBJ, where he simply turned he back and ran like an idiot away from the play

Robbo just doing his thing,

And the Sir Purr is better than anything likely to come off the Jets sideline all year! 

The Cb playing with a cast on his hand( broken thumb)  didn’t help either.  Probably pulls him down When he realizes he was beat.  Still Was nice play , and why Henry Ruggs was the correct pick for the Raiders.  Btw my memory shot as I would have swore they were up 12, not five.

7 minutes ago, Jetster said:

You guys are pathetic comparing a game in which the Panthers were going against the Raiders with a rookie CB, and the Jets were playing the #1 pass defense in football last year & they returned 99% of their players. 

Just dumb!

we get to compare the next 15 rnds as well....

don;lt forget, last year Sam left 2 long Robbo TDs on the field vs Bills in game 1...

If you play fantasy football, you would look at Robbys stat line and say ehh idk I cant trust to start him. The reason is that that 75 yard touchdown is great but will absolutely not happen every game. Deep balls are the least efficient reception in the game. They get completed at like a 20% clip. What the other poster was trying to say is thats its a bit fluky. Before we start crying over our ex bf, lets see a couple more games. If he keeps producing at a high level, not only will I be surprised, but I will admit thatvwe fucxed up.

This coming from one of the biggest Robby Fans. Had a friend who went to temple who was all over him coming out. Loved this guy from the moment we signed him as an UDFA.

21 hours ago, Irish Jet said:

The only big regret I'd have right now is Robby. Thought it was crazy not to sign him and even crazier to go with Perriman for only slightly less, even if it's only for a season. I think Robby is a legit rare talent that any team in the NFL would love to have. A one trick pony he may be but it's the most valuable trick in the game. 

Slightly less? 6.5 million vs. 40 million? I think you need a new accountant.

And if you think Robbie is a rare talent then you are delusional as well. He's decent at best.

3 hours ago, redlichtie said:

i'm not kidding.  robbie was not and will never be a no. 1 receiver.  at best he will get yards and td's because the true no. 1 guy is doubled.  it's kind of like john taylor and jerry rice or julio jones and sanu.