Selected PFF grades for our team

Hael

4 minutes ago, bitonti said:

The Fant signing has been mostly a bust btw

the pressure that was coming on Sam was over that RT spot 

as for Sam Darnold "playing well" he had less than 100 yards passing going into the 4th quarter

if this is him doing what Gase asked him to do then he needs to stop listening to Gase before he puts both of them out of a job 

green bay packers GIF

"Now you guys see how it works."

2 minutes ago, bitonti said:

as for Sam Darnold "playing well" he had less than 100 yards passing going into the 4th quarter

if this is him doing what Gase asked him to do then he needs to stop listening to Gase before he puts both of them out of a job 

A few of us knew fant sucked horribly the day we signed him.

Re Darnold.

Herndon dropped 3 passes one a TD

Hogan dropped a pass right in his mitts.

Malone dropped a pass right in his mitts.

Watching other NFL teams, drops occur but not as frequently or at mind numbing drive killing times as the jets.

The jets have no WR or TE that can make a QB look good by getting open or winning contested balls.

We also have no running backs worth spit and the worst offensive coach in the leauge.

4 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Based on the Johnson's track record with sh*ty coaches Sam will be out of here way before Gase.

6 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

A few of us knew fant sucked horribly the day we signed him.

Re Darnold.

Herndon dropped 3 passes one a TD

Hogan dropped a pass right in his mitts.

Malone dropped a pass right in his mitts.

Watching other NFL teams, drops occur but not as frequently or at mind numbing drive killing times as the jets.

The jets have no WR or TE that can make a QB look good by getting open or winning contested balls.

We also have no running backs worth spit and the worst offensive coach in the leauge.

OK so I looked into this, just for S&G's 

Sam Darnold has 2 official drops all year

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2020/passing_advanced.htm 

(accuracy tab) 

he is in the top 10 of bad throws however 

11 minutes ago, bitonti said:

(accuracy tab) 

Whoever notes drops needs to be fired then. There were 2 alone in week 1. Unless the tab hasn't been updated from yesterdays games until after tonight?

31 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Oh boy.... so here we go.  Half the Jets fans will say, "Whoa!  Darnold made lemonade out of lemons and is one of the only 3 or 4 good things on the team.  Build around him!"  The other half will say, "Run that PFF score in a commercial on MNF and dangle him as trade bait!  Trevor Lawrence would have gotten a grade of 95 with the same supporting cast and we would have beaten the 49ers yesterday."

or me...PFF grades are made up and the points don't matter. That's right, the points are just like the police department in Colombia.

44 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Yes but that's why I said he did what he was asked to do. 

We would all love it if Sam stopped listening to Gase and did what he wanted but realistically that isn't going to happen. 

On 9/15/2020 at 9:01 AM, FidelioJet said:

Amongst a lot of awfulness, Becton’s 77 is really encouraging.

It really is. I’m not putting him in Canton but this dude was supposed to be somewhat of a project as respects pass protection. 

I couldn’t be happier with what I am seeing and with his PFF grades. 

Trevor Lawrence, Beckton, cap space, extra premium picks. A glimmer of hope in these dark times...

• Upvote 1

The Herndon TD drop was beyond pathetic. He tried to catch it with his hands, completely missed, and it bounced right off his chest. That was a great throw on the move into a tight window similar to the play Darnold made to Crowder vs the Ravens. If it wasn't for that play, the 3rd/4th and 1 debacle, and the 3rd and half the field fiasco it might have made for a more interesting of a game.

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, Welp said:

The Herndon TD drop was beyond pathetic. He tried to catch it with his hands, completely missed, and it bounced right off his chest. That was a great throw on the move into a tight window similar to the play Darnold made to Crowder vs the Ravens. If it wasn't for that play, the 3rd/4th and 1 debacle, and the 3rd and half the field fiasco it might have made for a more interesting of a game.

who was saying that he thought Hern-donenothing could be a top 5 TE?

prolly someone who thought Enunwa was a "weapon"

2 hours ago, bitonti said:

(accuracy tab) 

That's BS because I can think of 2 drops in the Buff game (1 on Crowder, forget the other) and 2 yesterday (Hogan and Herndon)

I dont put too much stock in PFF, but this seemed relevant since Sam was crucified in wk1 based on the their ratings...

He was NOT the issue this week IMHO, and I hope he builds some rapport with the ragtag receiver group he is throwing to and we can see some more success.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

15 hours ago, David Harris said:

Rewatching the game now and Mekhi Becton might be the best OT rookie I’ve ever seen. 

multiple pancakes against all 3 levels of defenders. Jets starting running behind him in the second half and he never failed tho the runs weren’t good due to Gore and the other OL.

He’s worthy of the #1 overall pick.

Unlike the Macc years, the best player in the draft really did fall to us, and Douglas took him.  

I dont put too much stock in PFF, but this seemed relevant since Sam was crucified in wk1 based on the their ratings...

He was NOT the issue this week IMHO, and I hope he builds some rapport with the ragtag receiver group he is throwing to and we can see some more success.

It’s too bad he doesn’t have a legit WR.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

36 minutes ago, ryu79 said:

They criticised him in their refocused segment. Said it was another rough outing.

Figures. Almost like they're total hacks. 

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, bitonti said:

(accuracy tab) 

Hm, I see 5 drops for Darnold and the 8th-highest drop %.

image.png.95711c5e0fa8e170faf12f653812cc94.png

I guess they just updated for Week 2.

• Upvote 1