Jump to content
Hael

Selected PFF grades for our team

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, bitonti said:

The Fant signing has been mostly a bust btw

the pressure that was coming on Sam was over that RT spot 

as for Sam Darnold "playing well" he had less than 100 yards passing going into the 4th quarter

if this is him doing what Gase asked him to do then he needs to stop listening to Gase before he puts both of them out of a job 

green bay packers GIF

"Now you guys see how it works."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, bitonti said:

The Fant signing has been mostly a bust btw

the pressure that was coming on Sam was over that RT spot 

as for Sam Darnold "playing well" he had less than 100 yards passing going into the 4th quarter

if this is him doing what Gase asked him to do then he needs to stop listening to Gase before he puts both of them out of a job 

A few of us knew fant sucked horribly the day we signed him.

Re Darnold.

Herndon dropped 3 passes one a TD

Hogan dropped a pass right in his mitts.

Malone dropped a pass right in his mitts.

Watching other NFL teams, drops occur but not as frequently or at mind numbing drive killing times as the jets.

The jets have no WR or TE that can make a QB look good by getting open or winning contested balls.

We also have no running backs worth spit and the worst offensive coach in the leauge.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, bitonti said:

The Fant signing has been mostly a bust btw

the pressure that was coming on Sam was over that RT spot 

as for Sam Darnold "playing well" he had less than 100 yards passing going into the 4th quarter

if this is him doing what Gase asked him to do then he needs to stop listening to Gase before he puts both of them out of a job 

Based on the Johnson's track record with sh*ty coaches Sam will be out of here way before Gase.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

A few of us knew fant sucked horribly the day we signed him.

Re Darnold.

Herndon dropped 3 passes one a TD

Hogan dropped a pass right in his mitts.

Malone dropped a pass right in his mitts.

Watching other NFL teams, drops occur but not as frequently or at mind numbing drive killing times as the jets.

The jets have no WR or TE that can make a QB look good by getting open or winning contested balls.

We also have no running backs worth spit and the worst offensive coach in the leauge.

OK so I looked into this, just for S&G's 

Sam Darnold has 2 official drops all year

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2020/passing_advanced.htm 

(accuracy tab) 

he is in the top 10 of bad throws however 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sam didnt make bad throws.

However...       the HUUUUUUGE question (for me at least) is....

all thos 1-3 yd throws

WHY?

Are all "hot routes" 0-3 yds throws? DOes Sam have the ability to call plays atthe line?

Are all these flat routes cos our projected starting WRs are all hurt?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, bitonti said:

OK so I looked into this, just for S&G's 

Sam Darnold has 2 official drops all year

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2020/passing_advanced.htm 

(accuracy tab) 

he is in the top 10 of bad throws however 

Whoever notes drops needs to be fired then. There were 2 alone in week 1. Unless the tab hasn't been updated from yesterdays games until after tonight?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

 

Oh boy.... so here we go.  Half the Jets fans will say, "Whoa!  Darnold made lemonade out of lemons and is one of the only 3 or 4 good things on the team.  Build around him!"  The other half will say, "Run that PFF score in a commercial on MNF and dangle him as trade bait!  Trevor Lawrence would have gotten a grade of 95 with the same supporting cast and we would have beaten the 49ers yesterday."

or me...PFF grades are made up and the points don't matter. That's right, the points are just like the police department in Colombia.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, JetFreak89 said:

Whoever notes drops needs to be fired then. There were 2 alone in week 1. Unless the tab hasn't been updated from yesterdays games until after tonight?

I agree 2 seems low but your quote of 5 in yesterday's game seems high 

show your work 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, bitonti said:

The Fant signing has been mostly a bust btw

the pressure that was coming on Sam was over that RT spot 

as for Sam Darnold "playing well" he had less than 100 yards passing going into the 4th quarter

if this is him doing what Gase asked him to do then he needs to stop listening to Gase before he puts both of them out of a job 

Yes but that's why I said he did what he was asked to do. 

We would all love it if Sam stopped listening to Gase and did what he wanted but realistically that isn't going to happen. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/15/2020 at 9:01 AM, FidelioJet said:

Amongst a lot of awfulness, Becton’s 77 is really encouraging.

 

 

It really is. I’m not putting him in Canton but this dude was supposed to be somewhat of a project as respects pass protection. 

I couldn’t be happier with what I am seeing and with his PFF grades. 

Trevor Lawrence, Beckton, cap space, extra premium picks. A glimmer of hope in these dark times...

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/15/2020 at 12:33 PM, Ohhthepain said:

Is that massive package for Quinnen Williams still on the table?

Would love to know what the massive package Really was. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Herndon TD drop was beyond pathetic. He tried to catch it with his hands, completely missed, and it bounced right off his chest. That was a great throw on the move into a tight window similar to the play Darnold made to Crowder vs the Ravens. If it wasn't for that play, the 3rd/4th and 1 debacle, and the 3rd and half the field fiasco it might have made for a more interesting of a game.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Welp said:

The Herndon TD drop was beyond pathetic. He tried to catch it with his hands, completely missed, and it bounced right off his chest. That was a great throw on the move into a tight window similar to the play Darnold made to Crowder vs the Ravens. If it wasn't for that play, the 3rd/4th and 1 debacle, and the 3rd and half the field fiasco it might have made for a more interesting of a game.

who was saying that he thought Hern-donenothing could be a top 5 TE?

prolly someone who thought Enunwa was a "weapon"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, victorjets said:

 

 

I think Lewis is benefitting from a Becton bump. He knows Becton has his sh*t covered so Lewis has no concern other than his own.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Sonny Werblin said:

I think Lewis is benefitting from a Becton bump. He knows Becton has his sh*t covered so Lewis has no concern other than his own.

 

Becton might as well be listed as starting LT and LG on the depth chart.  Much like when @The Crusher goes to the buffet, they charge him double.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

 

Becton might as well be listed as starting LT and LG on the depth chart.  Much like when @The Crusher goes to the buffet, they charge him double.

*triple

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, bitonti said:

OK so I looked into this, just for S&G's 

Sam Darnold has 2 official drops all year

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2020/passing_advanced.htm 

(accuracy tab) 

he is in the top 10 of bad throws however 

That's BS because I can think of 2 drops in the Buff game (1 on Crowder, forget the other) and 2 yesterday (Hogan and Herndon)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, victorjets said:

 

 

That's like a really high grade at QB. Darnold seemed better but not good so that one seems odd.  Encouraging numbers again for Becton and Berrios is definitely showing that maybe he can develop into a solid slot guy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a PFF subscription. They have Jordan Jenkins (he of the 0 sacks this year) as a top 15 edge defender so far. That one left me scratching my head. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rewatching the game now and Mekhi Becton might be the best OT rookie I’ve ever seen. 
 

multiple pancakes against all 3 levels of defenders. Jets starting running behind him in the second half and he never failed tho the runs weren’t good due to Gore and the other OL.

He’s worthy of the #1 overall pick.

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I dont put too much stock in PFF, but this seemed relevant since Sam was crucified in wk1 based on the their ratings...

 

He was NOT the issue this week IMHO, and I hope he builds some rapport with the ragtag receiver group he is throwing to and we can see some more success.

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, David Harris said:

Rewatching the game now and Mekhi Becton might be the best OT rookie I’ve ever seen. 
 

multiple pancakes against all 3 levels of defenders. Jets starting running behind him in the second half and he never failed tho the runs weren’t good due to Gore and the other OL.

He’s worthy of the #1 overall pick.

 

Unlike the Macc years, the best player in the draft really did fall to us, and Douglas took him.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I dont put too much stock in PFF, but this seemed relevant since Sam was crucified in wk1 based on the their ratings...
 
He was NOT the issue this week IMHO, and I hope he builds some rapport with the ragtag receiver group he is throwing to and we can see some more success.

It’s too bad he doesn’t have a legit WR.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess its easy to have a high PFF rating when you don't throw the ball for more than 10 yards

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I have a PFF subscription. They have Jordan Jenkins (he of the 0 sacks this year) as a top 15 edge defender so far. That one left me scratching my head. 

I’m curious what Q’s grade was last week and this week.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I guess its easy to have a high PFF rating when you don't throw the ball for more than 10 yards

Imagine how Drew Brees feels with a lower yards per attempt than Sam...


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, David Harris said:

Rewatching the game now

I'm sorry.

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, ryu79 said:

I dont put too much stock in PFF, but this seemed relevant since Sam was crucified in wk1 based on the their ratings...

 

He was NOT the issue this week IMHO, and I hope he builds some rapport with the ragtag receiver group he is throwing to and we can see some more success.

They criticised him in their refocused segment. Said it was another rough outing.

Figures. Almost like they're total hacks. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, bitonti said:

OK so I looked into this, just for S&G's 

Sam Darnold has 2 official drops all year

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2020/passing_advanced.htm 

(accuracy tab) 

he is in the top 10 of bad throws however 

Hm, I see 5 drops for Darnold and the 8th-highest drop %.

image.png.95711c5e0fa8e170faf12f653812cc94.png

 

I guess they just updated for Week 2.

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, fullblast said:

Hm, I see 5 drops for Darnold and the 8th-highest drop %.

image.png.95711c5e0fa8e170faf12f653812cc94.png

 

I guess they just updated for Week 2.

 

i suspect because MNF hadn't happened yet their stats weren't there. thx for the fact check 

look at those yardage totals by the way 

woof

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...