Allen Robinson secretly wants out

Team archer

9 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

AR officially asked to be traded. Jets gotta at least explore the idea of getting him 

Really?

If so then hell yeah.

Just lost Bell (possibly our best receiver) and Mims still out.

Things are going to get messy real quick.

Douglas has to go get AR.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, SR24 said:

Here we go

Are we prepared to pay similar?

His career statistics are close to those of Keenan Allen, who recently signed a four-year extension with the Chargers averaging more than $20 million per season. Allen has played one more season than Robinson has.

2 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

Are we prepared the pay similar?

His career statistics are close to those of Keenan Allen, who recently signed a four-year extension with the Chargers averaging more than $20 million per season. Allen has played one more season than Robinson has.

Yes pay him, enough penny pinching. We need talent 

• Upvote 2

I'd like Arob. I'd really like us to take a swing at something to make this team watchable...... I don't hate Perriman but he should not be the #1.

Allen Robinson at #1, Perriman at#2, Crowder in the slot, making Perriman really the third option and a sprinkle of Mims sounds so much better than what's currently unfolding before my weary eyes.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

Are we prepared the pay similar?

Just turned 27 like 3 weeks ago, ranks 3rd among WRs since 2018 in contested catches behind only  Julio and Golladay and is a productive WR who'd immediately become our best threat on offense. Kind of a no brainer for me but I still don't see us doing it  

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, ryu79 said:

With Mims and Bell on IR. We need to do SOMETHING. This is absurd and Sam needs someone to throw to.

Sam is not the guy.  Douglas knows it.  Most here know it.  Hell, even Darnold seems like he knows it based on how defeated he looks.  Stop fretting about his lack of wepenzz. 

If we acquire Robinson (or someone else) it'll be Darnold's successor who is the primary beneficiary.  

• WTF? 1

3 hours ago, Mike135 said:

He has no choice in the trade.

Signing will take the offense performing well this year once he shows up.  Plus obviously a big pay day.

But we'd get a guy in a contract year.  See how he does and then decide whether to spend big on him or Juju.  Or target a WR in the draft.

Seems like a win to me regardless.  Need to figure out if Sam is legit, so can then decide whether to draft a new QB.

Exactly my point.

While he has a choice on whether or not to sign with the Jets should we wait until he hits FA.

2 hours ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

I understand that’s how some of these guys operate but it doesn’t mean they aren’t pussies for it. Robinson easily could’ve gone to ownership and said “I’m unhappy here, is there a way we can fix my problems or can I get traded?” That’s not hard at all and if you don’t have the stones to do that then I don’t want you on my team anyway because you’re a ******* loser. 

Do you know that he didn't do that? Or that his agent hasn't had those conversations with management already? Just bc it's not public knowledge doesn't mean it hasn't been done privately. 

17 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Exactly my point.

While he has a choice on whether or not to sign with the Jets should we wait until he hits FA.

I'd say trade for him regardless.

The pace we're on now leads to an off-season not knowing if Sam is worth building around.  Would we draft a new QB?

If we traded for Robinson, we'd have the season to know if Sam can play well with a decent squad around him.

If he plays well, try to re-sign Robinson, or use the draft to go after a WR.

If Sam still can't produce with Robinson, then reset and draft a new QB.

• Sympathy 2

It makes too much sense for the Jets to do this and it’s frustrating knowing we’re not gonna. Even if Joe D doesnt like Darnold, you make this move and whoever you draft in the 1st has a #1WR and decent Oline who are all under contract for the next 2 years at least. Robinson Crowder Herndon Perriman/Mims is actually a decent unit 

What is the legitimate price for someone like Robinson?

He is 27 and has one year left.  Id love to give up a 3rd and frankly maybe a second rounder, to bring him in and give him a 3 year extension.  Let Perriman go after this year, and have a core of Robinson, Mims and Crowder next season.