My Lord, this team is worst coached I ever saw

SouthernJet

Not a Gase fan and I believe he is not a good HC but have to give him this season. If there is tangible proof that team is going in the right direction and is at the very least is competitive then he gets to come back but will be on a very very short leash the following year. Or maybe use Gases stubbornness to JD’s advantage JD tells Gase to fire his OC this year and if Gase is that stubborn maybe he would quit and problem is solved. Unlikely scenario but one can dream 

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, SouthernJet said:

It is just horrid. They play basic crap ypu see since Pop Warner. No creativity.

NOTICE that Josh Allen was WORST NFDL QB throwing routes 20+ yards in 2019. So what do Bills coaches do? Use his skills, dump most long routes, and go to dump offs, screens and 5-15 yard slants (John Brown). 

Would Gase ever be that thoughtful and smart? No, he is too arrogant to scheme to his players. Hell, even Belichick admitted ot altering to Cams strength.s

I dont know who right coach is, but it is not Gase.

The team has no heart cause they know Gase a dunce and they dont like him on top of that.

If Douglas like job Gregg Williams did with Browns and from what I hear they think Hines Ward a young up and coming star coach I would fire Gase/Loggains/Vitt now, make GreggW HC/DC and promote Hines Ward to OffCoord.

You watch the different attitude. We may lose but you watch heart and more innovative gameplan..

If Douglas has someone else in mid, well I guess we stuck with Gase until January.

Go Jets,,,whoopie

It just seems to me at this point no one can argue for keeping gase with a striate face. I mean everything he does is bad, its not even judgement at this point. Its not like oh he could have made adjustments to plays or whatever, our HC putting bell back in after injury. I mena jesus christ. If Im bell Id sue.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, CSNY said:

Not a Gase fan and I believe he is not a good HC but have to give him this season. If there is tangible proof that team is going in the right direction and is at the very least is competitive then he gets to come back but will be on a very very short leash the following year. Or maybe use Gases stubbornness to JD’s advantage JD tells Gase to fire his OC this year and if Gase is that stubborn maybe he would quit and problem is solved. Unlikely scenario but one can dream 

see year 1

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

27 minutes ago, SouthernJet said:

It is just horrid. They play basic crap ypu see since Pop Warner. No creativity.

NOTICE that Josh Allen was WORST NFDL QB throwing routes 20+ yards in 2019. So what do Bills coaches do? Use his skills, dump most long routes, and go to dump offs, screens and 5-15 yard slants (John Brown). 

Would Gase ever be that thoughtful and smart? No, he is too arrogant to scheme to his players. Hell, even Belichick admitted ot altering to Cams strength.s

I dont know who right coach is, but it is not Gase.

The team has no heart cause they know Gase a dunce and they dont like him on top of that.

If Douglas like job Gregg Williams did with Browns and from what I hear they think Hines Ward a young up and coming star coach I would fire Gase/Loggains/Vitt now, make GreggW HC/DC and promote Hines Ward to OffCoord.

You watch the different attitude. We may lose but you watch heart and more innovative gameplan..

If Douglas has someone else in mid, well I guess we stuck with Gase until January.

Go Jets,,,whoopie

You’re blaming Gase for Williams’ bad defensive gameplan and your solution is to fire Gase and replace him with....Williams? 
hip hop wtf GIF

• WTF? 1

19 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

It just seems to me at this point no one can argue for keeping gase with a striate face. I mean everything he does is bad, its not even judgement at this point. Its not like oh he could have made adjustments to plays or whatever, our HC putting bell back in after injury. I mena jesus christ. If Im bell Id sue.

giphy.gif

It seems like everyone keeps saying that Gregg Williams should be elevated to head coach. Did anyone else see the sh*t show that the defense showed Sunday? Terrible scheme, terrible tackling, untimely penalties. The defense looked as poor as the offense.

• Sympathy 1

I'm not even trying to sh*t on the OP or defend Gase so no one take it this way.  I just want someone to make me a coherent arguement on why Gase is a terrible coach and give me detailed Xs and Os examples of how his offense is "pop warner" and "unimaginative". 

Is everyone accessing the all 22 footage and deciphering the plays based off of the coverage and defensive fronts?  Did you chart all the plays from the game and look at the passes and runs and feel they were so easy any coach could have drawn them up, or you drawn them up yourself?  If so then explain to me what the solution is in coherent football terms.  Let's have an X and O discussion about football and why a coach is bad rather than just go off of watching the game on cable where we only see 1 wr running a route and the line blocking and judge everything off the end result. 

Again, I am not saying the OP is wrong, I am not even defending Gase.  The argument of "unimaginative" and "pop warner" with no actual backing just is silly to me.  How would anyone know?  

Apologies if you are either:  an offensive coordinator,  coach now or have coached in the past, watch the all 22 and chart all the plays, or just are a football lifer who can intelligently talk about Xs and Os.  

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 1

5 minutes ago, Chrebetfan80 said:

I'm not even trying to sh*t on the OP or defend Gase so no one take it this way.  I just want someone to make me a coherent arguement on why Gase is a terrible coach and give me detailed Xs and Os examples of how his offense is "pop warner" and "unimaginative". 

Is everyone accessing the all 22 footage and deciphering the plays based off of the coverage and defensive fronts?  Did you chart all the plays from the game and look at the passes and runs and feel they were so easy any coach could have drawn them up, or you drawn them up yourself?  If so then explain to me what the solution is in coherent football terms.  Let's have an X and O discussion about football and why a coach is bad rather than just go off of watching the game on cable where we only see 1 wr running a route and the line blocking and judge everything off the end result. 

Again, I am not saying the OP is wrong, I am not even defending Gase.  The argument of "unimaginative" and "pop warner" with no actual backing just is silly to me.  How would anyone know?  

Apologies if you are either:  an offensive coordinator,  coach now or have coached in the past, watch the all 22 and chart all the plays, or just are a football lifer who can intelligently talk about Xs and Os.  

To state after a game Which you lost by double digits ( and we all know it wasn’t that close)  that the offense play calls were perfect and wouldn’t change any calls is the making of a terrible coach. Basically saying it’s not me it is the players I have. Doesn’t instill great confidence on a team 

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, CSNY said:

To state after a game Which you lost by double digits ( and we all know it wasn’t that close)  that the offense play calls were perfect and wouldn’t change any calls is the making of a terrible coach. Basically saying it’s not me it is the players I have. Doesn’t instill great confidence on a team 

Again, if you watch the film, know the play should have worked against the defense you called it against and it didnt. Does that make it a bad play call or poor execution?  I agree not a great thing to say to build up a down team, but at the same time what is the argument?  Are we saying he's a douche? ok fine maybe you have that evidence based on this one comment.  Are we arguing that the plays were poor play calls?  wheres the evidence. 

Can’t provide x & 0 evidence but as a supposed leader of men its not a good look to throw entire team under bus. Also to think that every play he called was absolutely perfect and wouldn’t change a call is delusional as every player coach referee all make mistakes in every game 

• Upvote 3

15 minutes ago, CSNY said:

FYI - he has done that his ENTIRE career.  Never his fault, injuries, players, system, etc.  Never him.

The answer will be clear to everyone when he is fired this year and instead of being snapped up as an OC somewhere, he is going to be luck to be a QB coach.

• Upvote 3

15 minutes ago, BCJet said:

Im not a coach nor do I have the all 22 so disregard my opinion if you would like.

When was the last time you saw us run a back shoulder throw?  How about a pick play?  How about a designed rollout/moving pocket - we dont even run play action.  How about a designed run by sam?

The contact rules have changed the game over the last few seasons and there are ways to get at least a few cheap completions each game.  RPO plays allow an athletic QB like Sam to get a relatively easy read and move the chains.  Motion and misdirection can help an OL that doesnt have elite talent and help a QB keep a defense off balance but we dont run any misdirection.  

How about matching your personnel to your gameplan.  We were down Mims and Vincent Smith, 2 of our 4 top WRs and both player who can stretch the field.  We also had our TE back for the first time in a year, along with last years starter.   Did Gase go with a ton of 2 TE sets to allow Sam to have a run and pass play called in the huddle and then change at the line - nope.  Instead we used Chris Hogan who doesnt require any safety help and allowed buffalo to double perriman and not  give up any big plays.

The guy has had two good seasons as a coordinator, and that was with a QB who basically called the offense himself at the LOS.  Not sure how worse this team could be prepared and play then what we saw sunday

Good points, wont dismiss anyones opinion.  This to me is a different conversation however than he "SUCKS AS A COACH". To me if you want to hit the nail on the head with criticism of Gase from an offensive standpoint you say "he is not a good fit" for this team. If you want an offense built off bootlegs and roll outs then you develop something like a SF or a LAR who are built off outside zone plays. Gase has always favored an inside zone to compliment his west coast principals. So the two styles are opposite.  Gase also favors flooding zones, and using crossers to put defenders in binds moving guys to vacated areas in coverage.  This in principal is similar to what those offenses are doing in theory as well, but they are cutting the field in half when those plays are run, easier more direct reads.  Gase system is a full field read offense. 

The problem with his offense to me is it can be very complex, it isnt an easy offense to run, and to me is a poor fit for Darnold, but not because it isnt a Roll out/bootleg set up (which i think he would do well in as well) but because it really benefits from having a QB that can process information at a high speed and make decisions quickly.  Darnold is still pretty green in his development so to me this is a poor fit currently. 

So again, the argument people should be having isnt whether Gase is a bad coach, but whether he is a good fit for his style of offense to what we are currently constructed to be. 

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, Chrebetfan80 said:

.....So again, the argument people should be having isnt whether Gase is a bad coach, but whether he is a good fit for his style of offense to what we are currently constructed to be. 

I understand what you’re saying, but I think a good coach also needs to adjust his schemes  to better fit the strengths of his players. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

How about his tendency to run on 2nd and long?  Geesh.  Bills stacked the box all game and neither Sam nor Adam adapted.  

Sadly the D also s*cked so there was nothing enjoyable about the game. This is entertainment, right?

"Oh, somewhere in this favoured land the sun is shining bright,
The band is playing somewhere, and somewhere hearts are light;
And somewhere men are laughing, and somewhere children shout,
But there is no joy in Mudville—mighty Casey has struck out."

• Haha 2

Gates doesn't care what the media or the fans think of him so he makes no effort in either direction. This offends both groups but that is of no consequence to him.

Doubt he cares what the players think of him. In his mind it's not relevant.

He may care what JD and the Johnson brothers think, but more out of necessity than because he thinks they are peers.

Scary.

• Upvote 2

28 minutes ago, Jethead said:

Gates doesn't care what the media or the fans think of him so he makes no effort in either direction. This offends both groups but that is of no consequence to him.

Doubt he cares what the players think of him. In his mind it's not relevant.

He may care what JD and the Johnson brothers think, but more out of necessity than because he thinks they are peers.

Scary.

The Johnson Bros think he pees gold.  They sign the checks.  Gase has better job security than the Queen of England

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1