I don't listen to him much anymore but I do listen to his NFL podcasts.  He has a segment each week where he and "Cousin Sal" choose a team they think is out of playoff contention.  This week they chose us.

Does anyone feel like - 1 week into the season - we have zero chance to make the playoffs this year?  I mean, it was a pretty horrible game we played (all around) and it certainly didn't give us any particular reason to be optimistic.  But I think it's too early to eliminate us from any hope of the post-season (especially considering there's an extra wildcard this year).

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I don't listen to him much anymore but I do listen to his NFL podcasts.  He has a segment each week where he (and "Cousin Sal") choose a team they think is out of playoff contention.  This week they chose us.

Does anyone feel like - 1 week into the season - we have zero chance to make the playoffs this year?  I mean, it was a pretty horrible game we played (all around) and it certainly didn't give us any particular reason to be optimistic.  But I think it's too early to eliminate us from any hope of the post-season (especially considering there's an extra wildcard this year).

Wow. Really? Amazing how you obtain your information and address and will literally argue facts 💯

**This post brought you by predictive text

I’ve seen multiple power rankings putting us at #32.... if it’s not the most popular pick it’s definitely a top 3 pick. Who else is even in the mix? Bengals? 

2 minutes ago, Skeet Ulrich said:

The team has bottom 5 talent and bottom 3 coaching. Yeah, they're done for the year.

Bottom 5 and 3!? You are an insufferable optimist.

• Haha 4

6 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I don't listen to him much anymore but I do listen to his NFL podcasts.  He has a segment each week where he and "Cousin Sal" choose a team they think is out of playoff contention

Starting a GoFundMe to send this guy a Rubik’s Cube or some crossword puzzles or something

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Columbia Jet Fan said:

I’ve seen multiple power rankings putting us at #32.... if it’s not the most popular pick it’s definitely a top 3 pick. Who else is even in the mix? Bengals? 

Browns?

I think there are really only 4 other teams in the possible conversation right now - Miami, Cleveland, Detroit and Cincinnati.

Probably a crap shoot about who is the worst, but none of the 5 (including the Jets) are going to the playoffs.  That's pretty much a lock.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, jetstream23 said:

I think there are really only 4 other teams in the possible conversation right now - Miami, Cleveland, Detroit and Cincinnati.

Probably a crap shoot about who is the worst, but none of the 5 (including the Jets) are going to the playoffs.  That's pretty much a lock.

ALL are straddled with bad ownership and bad executive hires.  Players come and go but to suck the way these 5 teams do requires a constant.

For us it’s was HESS and now Woody. 

• Upvote 1

As crazy as it might sound, I don't think 1 week is too early to eliminate us. We have very little talent and a bad head coach. 

The best thing about us going forward is our draft capital and future cap space - neither of which helps a team qualify for playoff contention. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

As crazy as it might sound, I don't think 1 week is too early to eliminate us. We have very little talent and a bad head coach. 

The best thing about us going forward is our draft capital and future cap space - neither of which helps a team qualify for playoff contention. 

That's what I was trying to figure out myself.   Is 1 week enough to really consider us done for 2020?  I'm not saying it's impossible that we are done, btw, I'm just wondering what the forum thinks. 

1 minute ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

That's what I was trying to figure out myself.   Is 1 week enough to really consider us done for 2020?  I'm not saying it's impossible that we are done, btw, I'm just wondering what the forum thinks. 

I'll put it this way - I am usually pretty optimistic and I can honestly not even imagine us making the playoffs. I just think the roster is ass cheeks. We have no players and I have no faith in this coach to be able to get us to overachieve. 

16 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Sunday for golf.... without guilt for me. 

• Upvote 2

Maybe if a few of our receivers get healthy we can get a three or four wins. With the lack of talent and bad coaching that might be all we can hope for. I would bring in some young guys from PS like Cager and Lamar Jackson. Cager can’t be worse than Hogan and Jackson might be an upgrade over Desir but then who isn’t? Had hoped to see Zuniga, Hull and Clark. Right now the only ones showing promise are Becton, Bless Austin and Mann the punter. Perhaps we have been unlucky with all the injuries but there wasn’t too much talent to start with.

Sent from my iPad using JetNation.com mobile app

7 minutes ago, vic said:

Maybe if a few of our receivers get healthy we can get a three or four wins. With the lack of talent and bad coaching that might be all we can hope for. I would bring in some young guys from PS like Cager and Lamar Jackson. Cager can’t be worse than Hogan and Jackson might be an upgrade over Desir but then who isn’t? Had hoped to see Zuniga, Hull and Clark. Right now the only ones showing promise are Becton, Bless Austin and Mann the punter. Perhaps we have been unlucky with all the injuries but there wasn’t too much talent to start with.

Sent from my iPad using JetNation.com mobile app

When one of the only bright spots is the punter... oof.

57 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Bottom 5 and 3!? You are an insufferable optimist.

Agreed! They’re complete dog sh*t.

1 hour ago, jetstream23 said:

Cleveland has way more talent than the Jets. They’ll finish with 6+ wins. Jets probably stuck at 4 this year.

49 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

Cleveland has way more talent than the Jets. They’ll finish with 6+ wins. Jets probably stuck at 4 this year.

Oh boy

2 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I don't listen to him much anymore but I do listen to his NFL podcasts.  He has a segment each week where he and "Cousin Sal" choose a team they think is out of playoff contention.  This week they chose us.

I honestly think there is a better chance of global warming and animal extinction somehow turning into a situation of meatballs raining down from the heavens than there is a chance of the New York Jets making the 2020 playoffs. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, pointman said:

I honestly think there is a better chance of global warming and animal extinction somehow turning into a situation of meatballs raining down from the heavens than there is a chance of the New York Jets making the 2020 playoffs. 

Sort of like a meatball Sharknado?

• Upvote 1

Just now, TuscanyTile2 said:

This mofo right here gets it. 

I am shocked that a New England Patriots Homer ESPN Pundit thinks the jets suck

13 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I prefer a carnivorous Atomic Twister.

I mean this board is almost unreadable but I can’t stop swimming in the self loathing of it all.

but to the OP’s point- sure Jets could make a wildcard. The argument being Sam simply had another ghost game and the promise we saw in the past and the hard work he put in this off season is real and the talent outlasts the nerves. The new improved OL solidifies and Gase asks Sam again for advice on how to call plays. 

a loss counts as one regardless of how bad you looked any given Sunday. It could happen, probably won’t, and never could if last Sunday is all there is.

1 hour ago, 32EBoozer said:

They had way more talent than the Jets last year too, @32EBoozer.  The Jets won more games than the Browns.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, David Harris said:

I mean this board is almost unreadable but I can’t stop swimming in the self loathing of it all.

but to the OP’s point- sure Jets could make a wildcard. The argument being Sam simply had another ghost game and the promise we saw in the past and the hard work he put in this off season is real and the talent outlasts the nerves. The new improved OL solidifies and Gase asks Sam again for advice on how to call plays. 

a loss counts as one regardless of how bad you looked any given Sunday. It could happen, probably won’t, and never could if last Sunday is all there is.

The Hitman would never have opted out of the season.

• Haha 1

Good pick by them. We have absolutely no shot to make the playoffs this year. That’s a guarantee 

Where are the 4 wins coming from? We looked like a JV team on Sunday. I don’t believe we win more than 1 game.

1 minute ago, DLJ said:

Where are the 4 wins coming from? We looked like a JV team on Sunday. I don’t believe we win more than 1 game.

Browns, Dolphags X 2 and either Buffalo or Pats win.