Sign in to follow this  
jetstream23

One slight positive media take! Jets NOT picked to have a Top 5 Draft Pick!

https://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2021/story/_/id/29682741/projected-2021-nfl-draft-order-no-1-pick

Projected 2021 NFL draft order: Who has the No. 1 pick?

Could the Cincinnati Bengals pick No. 1 overall in back-to-back drafts? That's what the ESPN Football Power Index (FPI) projects after one week of the NFL season. After the preseason favorites to get the top pick -- the Jacksonville Jaguars and Washington Football Team -- both won in Week 1, the Bengals are now projected for that spot in the 2021 NFL draft.

Each week during the season, FPI projects the draft order by simulating the remainder of the season 10,000 times. Game probabilities are based largely on the model's ratings for individual teams in addition to game locations. The order is based on the record the model believes the teams will have after 16 games, as well as each team's average draft position in the simulations.

Check out the full 1-32 projection for the 2021 NFL draft (updated on Tuesday, Sept. 15):

636243872_ScreenShot2020-09-15at4_37_26PM.thumb.png.45d93388ff40f3e125da8a667965adaa.png

That seems about right, we will be out of the playoffs by about game 5, suck all year then flub off a few games at the end to totally pooch us out of an impact player.

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

Denver has to fly cross country on short rest for a Thursday game. Play the Dolphins twice and the Raiders at home which is typically a win. 5-11 isn’t going to get you Lawrence unfortunately.

15 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

We are easily worse than the Panthers, Jaguars, and Giants. 

Bet we lose at least one to the dolphins

Current draft order as of week 1 ...

Screenshot_20200915-145337_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

Agreed, but it's probably debatable as to whether we are actually worse than the Dolphins or not. (Although you could certainly argue that we are worse)

24 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Denver has to fly cross country on short rest for a Thursday game. Play the Dolphins twice and the Raiders at home which is typically a win. 5-11 isn’t going to get you Lawrence unfortunately.

We are NOT beating the rayduhs. Win 1 against the fish. Denver, flip a coin.

56 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Chargers had to score 10 points in the 4th to come back against the Bengals.

Giants had a shot to take the lead or tie it late last night when Jones got hit in the arm for an INT. This after marching it down the field a lot mainly by himself. I don't remember since I fell asleep early. I got really drunk Sunday and didn't sleep much before work so was falling asleep around then. Steelers also probably got the best defense in the league.

Carolina but up 30 with a brand new QB/coach and lost by 4 I think. Their defense was also so bad the new regime I believe spent every single draft pick on defense.

Miami plays hard every week with their coach. They did it last year when they where the presumed #1 ham trying to tank. Fitz is good for 6 wins for a team like that

Jags just beat the team everyone picked in their pick'em pool cause they had every excuse to look like the Jets week one, but came out to play and beat the highly rated and well built Colts.

The bottom line is we suck or we are woefully unprepared. We didn't look ready to play football. Blame it on coaching or the roster. Either way we're worse than all those teams right now. You saw them trying to be competitive like any professional team should. We just kind of mailed it in as the Bills tried to inject life into us with mistake after mistake.

• Upvote 1

Positive? Not picking in the top 5 is one of the worst things I've read here the last few days. I want Trevor Lawrence.

• Post of the Week 2

2 minutes ago, RevisIsland610 said:

This is bullsh*t. They will finish top 5 if not top 3. 

Top 1 or bust.

#Endeavor4Trevor

• Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Top 1 or bust.

#Endeavor4Trevor

We will be very close. This bunch is dead team crawling.

1 hour ago, Matt39 said:

only game we will win out of these is the dolphins game at home. the rest of these teams are easily better

How is that good? This team absolutely ****ing sucks. The best thing that could happen is them getting the number one pick and trading it away for the largest number of picks in the history of the NFL. It’s probably the only way they’re going to ever win. No drafting Tranny Lawrence isn’t going to save this franchise. They’d just find away to destroy another career. One person isn’t enough. They need multiple top picks for several years to even remotely have a chance. 

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, slimjasi said:

But we're also bad at tanking.  

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

But we're also bad at tanking.  

Bingo.

This team unquestionably sucks balls, but they've shown themselves time and time again to be absolutely marvelous at ensuring they don't get a good pick, especially during the last few weeks of a lost season.  I would not be even slightly surprised if the Jets were horrific all season long and still found themselves picking closer to the middle of the draft.  After all, we saw that just last year, for those not duped by the ruse of 6-2.

• Upvote 3
  • Like 1

We are gonna set a record this year with how early the “meaningless wins” versus “culture of winning” debate starts.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, jgb said:

We are gonna set a record this year with how early the “meaningless wins” versus “culture of winning” debate starts.

Spoiler alert:  The "culture of winning" group is always wrong.  

Evidence:  2014 season (after going 8-8 the year before) and every season since 2016.

• Upvote 3

13 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Spoiler alert:  The "culture of winning" group is always wrong.  

Evidence:  2014 season (after going 8-8 the year before) and every season since 2016.

This all becomes worth it if we get Trevor Lawrence. Lose out, I say!

• Upvote 1

If the Jets draft 6th again then Douglas *HAS* to take a safety. It would be worth it for the meltdown.

• Haha 2

21 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

By the time we play them we'll probably be 0-9 or 1-8.

At that point, Gase will have most likely lost the team.  Just might lose both of them particularly playing back to back.

FML

4 hours ago, jeremy2020 said:

If the Jets draft 6th again then Douglas *HAS* to take a safety. It would be worth it for the meltdown.

No,

I'd prefer a undersized linebacker, thank you.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, jeremy2020 said:

Anyone wanna bet Giants end with better record than Jets?

21 hours ago, slimjasi said:

Burrow will win them some games. And the Dolphins, well that eat our lunch when they want and we just sit there and let them. So I'd say we are the bottom of the heap.

Except the Browns. I'll never admit they're better than us.

2 First rounders for the next 2 years is a great start for JD. We have a major need at edge no doubt and WR and we need another bless Austin type pick for a CB. Yet I’m tired of being pessimistic of this team.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

3 hours ago, peebag said:
8 hours ago, jeremy2020 said:

No,

I'd prefer a undersized linebacker, thank you.

D-line please. Preferably a DT that we put at end.

On 9/15/2020 at 7:56 PM, Beerfish said:

That seems about right, we will be out of the playoffs by about game 5, suck all year then flub off a few games at the end to totally pooch us out of an impact player.

Jets and Knicks have totally mastered this franchise miring technique. 

Oh, that and poor scouting/drafting. That's important too.

Oh, and overpaying aging stars, that's important too. 

Oh, and having a clueless inheritor of vast wealth own the team, that's important too

Oh, and having a series of sh*tty GM's, that's.....

And so on. 

I'm wagering on this week ... If we somehow beat the severely diminished 49ers team... The optimism for this s***** ass franchise will be unrelenting. And the meaningless wins will be sporadic throughout the year ending in a 5-11 record

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

• Haha 2