Poll: We're 1 week into the season. Are our playoff hopes dead?

TuscanyTile2

Poll: We're 1 week into the season. Are our playoff hopes dead?  

94 members have voted

1. 1. Poll: We're 1 week into the season. Are our playoff hopes dead?

• Yes, the season is already over
    • Even though we looked awful, our season can't be over after 1 week of football, can it?!

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/20/2020 at 04:59 PM

1 minute ago, johnnysd said:

Judging this team off of the very first game is utterly idiotic. Teams often look like worldbeaters first game and later suck (to some degree Sam's first game) and then others look like a bad high school team and become dominant. Plus there were no preseason games, no offseason program, no OTAs, etc...

Sam sucked. Will he suck every game now? We need to see.

But the OL showed promise. Becton showed a lot of promise.

Bell is hurt, actually a positive for this team.

We saw last year it takes Williams a few games to find the right mix on defense .Losing Mims sucks.

Let's at least see how we respond before dismissing the entire season.

I mean seriously.

I agree.  I like posting these kind of polls though because it will be interesting later in the season to look back at what we thought at this time.

3 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I agree.  I like posting these kind of polls though because it will be interesting later in the season to look back at what we thought at this time.

Our injuries suck but I still think our roster is better than last year and we did not suck last year. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Our injuries suck but I still think our roster is better than last year and we did not suck last year. 

I do think we were worse than our 7-9 record last year indicated (due to an easy 2nd half schedule, minimal travel, freebie game week 17).  However, I agree this team is more talented than last year.  The biggest factor is going to be how quickly (if at all) our OL will gel.  If it does, we will likely be a much different looking team than we looked week 1. 

I also wonder if Buffalo was a bad matchup for us to start the season (which made us look worse than we are).  With the 49ers' injuries (their WRs and Kittle), and Jimmy G not being a running QB, we might match up a lot better this week.  Also, I'm not sure who their punt returner is but I honestly do think Braden Mann might make more of a difference this week without Andre Roberts returning punts (where Mann out-kicked the coverage).

3 hours ago, SAR I said:

SOJFPOISON.jpg

SAR I

Remember when these maggots had all those graves dug last year after Luke Falk’s third start and they were all so satisfied with themselves because we passed on The Great Mike McCarthy and then the Jets finished 6-2 and those same maggots were like “wins that invalidate my whining don’t really count in this man’s league” and then this weekend they were like “See, Gase sucks!!!!” and then Mike McCarthy—with Dak Prescott, Ezekiel Elliot, Amari Cooper, CeeDee Lamb, Michael Gallup, Tyron Smith, and Zack Martin went out and put up the same point total as Adam Gase’s threadbare Jets group and then those maggots were all, “uhhhhhhh I wanted Kliff Kingsbury actually”? Good times.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 2
  • Post of the Week 1

49 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Remember when these maggots had all those graves dug last year after Luke Falk’s third start and they were all so satisfied with themselves because we passed on The Great Mike McCarthy and then the Jets finished 6-2 and those same maggots were like “wins that invalidate my whining don’t really count in this man’s league” and then this weekend they were like “See, Gase sucks!!!!” and then Mike McCarthy—with Dak Prescott, Ezekiel Elliot, Amari Cooper, CeeDee Lamb, Michael Gallup, Tyron Smith, and Zack Martin went out and put up the same point total as Adam Gase’s threadbare Jets group and then those maggots were all, “uhhhhhhh I wanted Kliff Kingsbury actually”? Good times.

Steve Serby sinks into the collective subconscious, Shane. Serbyesque as opposed to Kafkaesque. Heh.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Our offensive line is significantly better.  If the jets establish the run the next several weeks they can turn the season around 

or

Gase can be Gase and continue to chuck it all day with sh1tty receivers 

Gase is a pass happy coach. We are never going to be a run-first team with Gase. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Philc1 said:

The Colts started 1-5 a couple years ago and made the playoffs.  You boys are chugging ESPN kool aid

Yea we could turn it around but there would have to be substantial changes made immediately.  Fire Gase would be foremost on this list.  GEt Van Roten out of there as well as Lewis . They were beat like rag dolls.  Trade QW NOW. Add picks. Trade for Allen Robinson - NOW. Get another CB. Desir was absolutely horrible (Tru like).  Thats for starters, feel free to add to this list to turn around this season.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1