SefarianJenkins

better than Sam

Your point?  Those skill position players are considerably better than 

Perriman/Hogan/Crowder

Bell/Gore

Herndon.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Losmeister said:

Sam has been coddled and anointed w/o having proven anything in the NfL...(yes, nice bowl game)

he is a bottom tier QB ao far....      Jordan Palmer is a fraud. 

i dont think he can make it unless he gets his ass kicked a bit...

check out martz on warner.,...

We get it 

The only positive is that he missed a bunch of throws that he normally hits and he is coming off the strangest off season in modern NFL history. Significantly more often than not, he hits those throws, so I'm willing to give him a 1 time pass on those throws. The interception, delay of game off a time out and running out of bounds instead of throwing the ball away? I got nothing there, he should know better.

• Upvote 3

55 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

2017 Anderson/Kearse/Ardarius

Forte/Powell

SefarianJenkins

better than Sam

10 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Your point?  Those skill position players are considerably better than 

Perriman/Hogan/Crowder

Bell/Gore

Herndon.

Mrrmmm no. Both sets are garbage but A is worse than B. Crowder the best if the bunch. Disagree if you want it's not like either set is what I want for the team.

Kearse was nothing special and Adarius didn't belong in the league.... Herndon>Sefarian-Jenkins and I don't even like Herndon like that .....

Bell washed up ....Forte washed up

Gore at least still churns some tough yards.

All trash teams but don't come in here with "considerably better"

None of us want Sam to end up a cautionary tale. It's just what happens to Jets QBs.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Lurker89 said:

this remarkable ability to treat Sam like an infant that was born of a golden goose or some horsesh*t...

he's been worse than McLown was in 2017 and worse than Fitzpatrick in 2018 and 2019...

and yet...i am sposed to pretend like he's a good QB? fts

Comedy Central Summer GIF by The Jim Jefferies Show

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 2

51 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

This is the biggest problem with this offense.  

They need to have more basic plays at least to start the game and some confidence/momentum and then mix in these other players later was there is a rhythm established. We are not good enough with a new Oline and the level of WRs we have to start out games with these intermediate i.e 15 yards or so complex crossing patterns that requires a serious amount of precision between the QB/WRs that we do not have right now. I sometimes wonder if the most on this forum can coach this Jets offense better than what we have seen the last 10 years. Heck I long for Brian S. who even though we didn't like him at OC he was better than anything I have seen in a decade and at least he was able to guide young QBs through the flames here against NFL defenses. Heck, he all made us think Sanchez was actually pretty good while Brian was running the O. 

• Upvote 1

I'm starting to wonder if JD is less sold on Darnold then we all think.  I mean looking at the evidence, he didn't draft Darnold, he hasn't exactly gone out of his way to give Darnold weapons in a really important year evaluation year, he drafted a QB in the 4th rd.  That's not to say JD is tanking for Trevor Lawrence but just maybe he's looking at this as a major evaluation year for Darnold as apposed to putting all the chips on the table this season to build around him (And Gase for that matter).  I'm assuming Darnold will be better than he was on Sunday but I'm starting to be of the belief that Darnold may really be playing for his job.

5 minutes ago, UnknownJetFan said:

They need to have more basic plays at least to start the game and some confidence/momentum and then mix in these other players later was there is a rhythm established. We are not good enough with a new Oline and the level of WRs we have to start out games with these intermediate i.e 15 yards or so complex crossing patterns that requires a serious amount of precision between the QB/WRs that we do not have right now. I sometimes wonder if the most on this forum can coach this Jets offense better than what we have seen the last 10 years. Heck I long for Brian S. who even though we didn't like him at OC he was better than anything I have seen in a decade and at least he was able to guide young QBs through the flames here against NFL defenses. Heck, he all made us think Sanchez was actually pretty good while Brian was running the O. 

This offense needs an early boost to get confidence and help the jets stay in the game.  Last year they had a fair amount of opening drive scores that changed the complexion of the game.  If gase can’t do this it’s yet another indictment on him.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, drsamuel84 said:

I'm starting to wonder if JD is less sold on Darnold then we all think.  I mean looking at the evidence, he didn't draft Darnold, he hasn't exactly gone out of his way to give Darnold weapons in a really important year evaluation year, he drafted a QB in the 4th rd.  That's not to say JD is tanking for Trevor Lawrence but just maybe he's looking at this as a major evaluation year for Darnold as apposed to putting all the chips on the table this season to build around him (And Gase for that matter).  I'm assuming Darnold will be better than he was on Sunday but I'm starting to be of the belief that Darnold may really be playing for his job.

Jd hedged.  He took a job with a good prospect in darnold, but he also got a long contract.  And every gm gets to draft his own qb.  So from jd’s perspective, if darnold pans out, great, he’s got his qb and can build an offense around him.  If darnold doesn’t improve, well, the jets are destined to have a top 5 if not a top 3 or better pick this year, and he’s got 2 1st, a 2nd and 2 3rds as ammo to move up (not to mention 2 1sts in 2022) to get a qb.  I think jd’s preference is that darnold pans out, obviously, since that means the jets will be that much closer to contending.  But if we see a few more weeks of this, most here will be rooting for a full tank and getting Trevor, who looks to be a pure stud.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, drsamuel84 said:

This is in your head. He always talks about Darnold being a franchise quarterback. He rebuilt the entire OL, drafted a tackle at 11 and a WR in the second. 

1 hour ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

I really can't think of a single positive from that game. I would like to give him credit for the TD to Crowder, but Crowder did all the work.

I guess the drive before the half after the Allen fumble was nice. He threw a beautiful pass to Bell down the sideline that he usually always misses. 

Once we started at the end of the half we were doing fine and likely would have controlled the rest if the game had Herndon held the ball(controversial call). So, Sam was doing a lot of work on what amounted to 3 scoring drives and 2 TDs, which would have been 3 TD drives had the Bills defender not hurt Bell when he got that penalty since that throw would have been a TD, The one thing I hate about this sport is you do something illegal, get the penalty(which is just a 5yard 1st down penalty i.e big deal), and hurt a plyer that is ineffective or out the rest of the game and now on short term IR so we lose the guy for 4 games which included the game we were in. That should at least get that player ejected from the current game they are in.  

• Upvote 1

Just now, UnknownJetFan said:

Once we started at the end of the half we were doing fine and likely would have controlled the rest if the game had Herndon held the ball(controversial call). So, Sam was doing a lot of work on what amounted to 3 scoring drives and 2 TDs, which would have been 3 TD drives had the Bills defender not hurt Bell when he got that penalty since that throw would have been a TD, The one thing I hate about this sport is you do something illegal, get the penalty(which is just a 5yard 1st down penalty i.e big deal), and hurt a plyer that is ineffective or out the rest of the game and now on short term IR so we lose the guy for 4 games which included the game we were in. That should at least get that player ejected from the current game they are in.  

It would have been fun to see how the game unfolded if herndon didn’t do that.

2 minutes ago, UnknownJetFan said:

How do you figure we would have controlled the rest of the game when Buffalo let us back in by missing chip shot field goals? 

I understand the frustration but they'll never eject a player from a game for a none personal foul penalty. All teams are taught to do that. 

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I feel like part of what’s missing in this “does Darnold suck?” conversation is the fact that Leveon Bell has had 251 carries as a Jets and has averaged 3.2 ypc, which is a problem for any offense, and QB 

The offense functioned better last year with Powell and i thought it was easy to see this.  Also the OL got no push last year, there are early signs that the push should be better now.  Unfortunately i don’t think we’re going to see a glimpse of the best offense until perine returns, and at least one of the speed wrs in v smith or mims.  The offense is simply too easy to defend with very little deep speed (perriman was a non factor vs bills) and no elusiveness at rb.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I feel like part of what’s missing in this “does Darnold suck?” conversation is the fact that Leveon Bell has had 251 carries as a Jets and has averaged 3.2 ypc, which is a problem for any offense, and QB 

And what's missing in that conversation is the fact that Adam Gase is precisely the guy everybody wants tackling said problem(s).

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, UnknownJetFan said:

Exactly what I have been saying

8 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

Jd hedged.  He took a job with a good prospect in darnold, but he also got a long contract.  And every gm gets to draft his own qb.  So from jd’s perspective, if darnold pans out, great, he’s got his qb and can build an offense around him.  If darnold doesn’t improve, well, the jets are destined to have a top 5 if not a top 3 or better pick this year, and he’s got 2 1st, a 2nd and 2 3rds as ammo to move up (not to mention 2 1sts in 2022) to get a qb.  I think jd’s preference is that darnold pans out, obviously, since that means the jets will be that much closer to contending.  But if we see a few more weeks of this, most here will be rooting for a full tank and getting Trevor, who looks to be a pure stud.

this is probably the better way to put it.  JD isn't necessarily looking for a reason to move on from Darnold but he's also willing to evaluate Darnold objectively instead of just assuming he has his qb.

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, Lurker89 said:

Mrrmmm no. Both sets are garbage but A is worse than B. Crowder the best if the bunch. Disagree if you want it's not like either set is what I want for the team.

Kearse was nothing special and Adarius didn't belong in the league.... Herndon>Sefarian-Jenkins and I don't even like Herndon like that .....

Bell washed up ....Forte washed up

Gore at least still churns some tough yards.

None of us want Sam to end up a cautionary tale. It's just what happens to Jets QBs.

Eh.  You are correct.  Considerably was an overstatement, but they are at a minimum comparable. 

Crowder had the one big play, but he sucked in the first half. 

Not sure why Herndon is supposed to be good.  He is a hope.  He had numerous lousy plays and his golden age has been his eh 2018 campaign.  ASJ is similar if uninspiring.

Stewart doesn't belong in the league?  True enough, but Hogan was, quite literally, out of the league.  Nobody was knocking. Bad > bad + old. 

Forte was washed up, but Gore churns some tough yards? The guy is 37 and four of the last five years he averaged under 4 ypc.  His "good" year was with Gase. 

The dropoff from Perriman to Anderson may be huge and Perriman is dinged. 

Darnold sucked.  I just don't understand why everyone is looking for new ways to say it.

I am not sure how anyone can interpret me listing some objective positives as saying Darnold wasn’t bad and holds no blame. He had a bad game, thats not debatable. That doesn’t mean that every snap he took was a negative... that would be irrational....

2 minutes ago, drsamuel84 said:

this is probably the better way to put it.  JD isn't necessarily looking for a reason to move on from Darnold but he's also willing to evaluate Darnold objectively instead of just assuming he has his qb.

Douglas took the job knowing he had two years to look at Darnold and Gase and no particular reason to bet on either of them. We have no idea what his strategy for staying employed himself looks like yet.

• Upvote 1