Jump to content

Did we run behind 77 one time?


Y3k
 Share

Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The left tackle lines up roughly 2.1 yards away from where the back positions himself in the single-back formation. I just think, based on what we’ve seen, asking Leveon Bell to run 2.1 yards on any given play simply isn’t realistic.

especially cos he immediately stutters or stops....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yes. They ran to the left all the time. Watch the game again, this time without the pee pants emotion.

 

 

Since we are talking about re-watch, Andre Roberts is very good at returning. Now he's doing their punts too and getting 20 yards. This is all pro performance. Perhaps they could have used this player to win close games?

 

In addition GW defense got 2 ff and the offense did nothing with it each time. 18 minutes time of possession. How can people make a QW sux comment when the D is out there for 42 minutes?!

 

Back to the original question they ran left side every time they needed tough yards. And the Josh Adams garbage time td too

 

 

 

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

Because he sucked for 42 minutes. 

Quote

 

Not as bad as it looked

Watching the game live, Quinnen Williams didn’t appear to do much. He finished with just three tackles, cleaned up one for a loss, and drew two penalties (defensive offside, roughing the passer) which gave the Bills first downs. The film told a little bit of a different story. While Williams certainly didn’t make an Aaron Donald-like impact, he was more active than I originally thought. He got into the backfield to force Allen from his spot a few times.

It wasn’t a great day for Williams, just not as bad as I thought.

https://theathletic.com/2064818/2020/09/14/after-further-review-23-next-day-thoughts-after-the-jets-week-1-beatdown/

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, BurnleyJet said:

QW leads the league in almost tackles, and almost sacks.

every word on this site about Quinnen Williams shout be about Sam Darnold 

williams is one year younger btw

this dude OP talks about deflection 

the entire franchise exists to make excuses for QB1 and the HC

Quinnen Williams had 3 tackles, 1 for a loss

that's still a better day than Sam "garbage time" Darnold 

extra extra it's hard to play defense down 21-0 

 

  • Post of the Week 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, bitonti said:

every word on this site about Quinnen Williams shout be about Sam Darnold 

williams is one year younger btw

this dude OP talks about deflection 

the entire franchise exists to make excuses for QB1 and the HC

Quinnen Williams had 3 tackles, 1 for a loss

that's still a better day than Sam "garbage time" Darnold 

extra extra it's hard to play defense down 21-0 

 

I agree about Sam, but QW still sucks azz.

  • Upvote 3
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, BettyBoop said:

Despite the current state of the WR group, we ran a two TE set a total of six times on Sunday.  SIX!  Let that sink in for a moment!

Ryan Griffin is not 100%

his words not mine 

Quote

Griffin is back on the field, feeling good, but, "I don't know if I'm ever going to feel like I did before the injury. It's just one of those things I'll have to deal with."

https://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-41097913-4

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, BurnleyJet said:

I agree about Sam, but QW still sucks azz.

If you offered Quinnen Williams and Sam Darnold for trade tomorrow, you'd get a nice package of picks for WIlliams

you'd get a ham sandwich for Darnold 

 

football is a game of momentum it's hard to play defense when you have no faith in the offense. yet this defense did hang tough and claw back 2 fumbles 

the offense just sat there and stank  

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, bitonti said:

If you offered Quinnen Williams and Sam Darnold for trade tomorrow, you'd get a nice package of picks for WIlliams

you'd get a ham sandwich for Darnold 

 

football is a game of momentum it's hard to play defense when you have no faith in the offense. yet this defense did hang tough and claw back 2 fumbles 

the offense just sat there and stank  

just out of curiosity - what do you think we could get for QW today?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, bitonti said:

If you offered Quinnen Williams and Sam Darnold for trade tomorrow, you'd get a nice package of picks for WIlliams

you'd get a ham sandwich for Darnold 

 

football is a game of momentum it's hard to play defense when you have no faith in the offense. yet this defense did hang tough and claw back 2 fumbles 

the offense just sat there and stank  

Absurdly false. You can sound as angry as you want, it doesn’t make it true.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, bitonti said:

If you offered Quinnen Williams and Sam Darnold for trade tomorrow, you'd get a nice package of picks for WIlliams

you'd get a ham sandwich for Darnold 

 

football is a game of momentum it's hard to play defense when you have no faith in the offense. yet this defense did hang tough and claw back 2 fumbles 

the offense just sat there and stank  

It's just my opinion but I think this forum's opinion of Sam is far more negative than the way NFL GM's view him.  My hunch is that we'd get a lot back for Sam if we were to trade him (which I hope we don't).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Yes. They ran to the left all the time. Watch the game again, this time without the pee pants emotion.

 

 

Since we are talking about re-watch, Andre Roberts is very good at returning. Now he's doing their punts too and getting 20 yards. This is all pro performance. Perhaps they could have used this player to win close games?

 

In addition GW defense got 2 ff and the offense did nothing with it each time. 18 minutes time of possession. How can people make a QW sux comment when the D is out there for 42 minutes?!

 

Back to the original question they ran left side every time they needed tough yards. And the Josh Adams garbage time td too

 

 

 

 

I don't get all the Greg Williams hate when the defense was on the field for 42 minutes. 

Joe Douglas gambled on a bargain basement CB turning the clock back on his decline with Pierre Desir. We're all stupefied it hasn't worked out yet?

 With CJ Mosley opting out, what are out expectations of Greg Williams defense?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Yes. They ran to the left all the time. Watch the game again, this time without the pee pants emotion.

 

 

Since we are talking about re-watch, Andre Roberts is very good at returning. Now he's doing their punts too and getting 20 yards. This is all pro performance. Perhaps they could have used this player to win close games?

 

In addition GW defense got 2 ff and the offense did nothing with it each time. 18 minutes time of possession. How can people make a QW sux comment when the D is out there for 42 minutes?!

 

Back to the original question they ran left side every time they needed tough yards. And the Josh Adams garbage time td too

 

 

 

 

Seeing as we had 15 carries for the game, and the chart posted shows a frequency of 1 carry behind becton id venture to think you’re wrong (as usual)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

It's just my opinion but I think this forum's opinion of Sam is far more negative than the way NFL GM's view him.  My hunch is that we'd get a lot back for Sam if we were to trade him (which I hope we don't).

It’s not the forum. It’s 5-10 loud mouth posters.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Gangrene said:

I don't get all the Greg Williams hate when the defense was on the field for 42 minutes. 

Joe Douglas gambled on a bargain basement CB turning the clock back on his decline with Pierre Desir. We're all stupefied it hasn't worked out yet?

 With CJ Mosley opting out, what are out expectations of Greg Williams defense?

The defense was on the field for 45 minutes because they couldn’t get a stop to save their lives. FOUR scoring drives were “stopped” because of fluky redzone fumbles and missed field goals. Defense was just as bad as the offense. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Y3k said:

The defense was on the field for 45 minutes because they couldn’t get a stop to save their lives. FOUR scoring drives were “stopped” because of fluky redzone fumbles and missed field goals. Defense was just as bad as the offense. 

You don't think the 3 and outs on offense had anything at all to do with the defense underperforming?  A defense getting gassed early in a game because the offense can't  do anything but hand the ball over to our punter?

Compiling that the defense is devoid of talent, CJ Mosley might have been a difference maker but great  we have the promise of next years draft picks defending the pass. Yippee.

We have injury excuses for an ill conceived wide receiver roster but yes I'm sure our coach and quarterback have nothing to do with this poop show.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, bitonti said:

If you offered Quinnen Williams and Sam Darnold for trade tomorrow, you'd get a nice package of picks for WIlliams

you'd get a ham sandwich for Darnold 

 

football is a game of momentum it's hard to play defense when you have no faith in the offense. yet this defense did hang tough and claw back 2 fumbles 

the offense just sat there and stank  

Wish was the GM - Id love a nice package of picks, those 4th and 5th rounders come in handy!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Gangrene said:

You don't think the 3 and outs on offense had anything at all to do with the defense underperforming?  A defense getting gassed early in a game because the offense can't  do anything but hand the ball over to our punter?

Compiling that the defense is devoid of talent, CJ Mosley might have been a difference maker but great  we have the promise of next years draft picks defending the pass. Yippee.

We have injury excuses for an ill conceived wide receiver roster but yes I'm sure our coach and quarterback have nothing to do with this poop show.

No it didn’t, that’s a valid argument for sucking late in the game or in the second half... the defense couldn’t stop a nose bleed from the whistle.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share



×
×
  • Create New...