Revis interview talking about Rex, time with Pats

Rhg1084

So here's my Darrelle Revis Story. My fondest memory of Darrelle Revis was when the Jets played Dallas on Thanksgiving when he was a rookie. I made a limp-wristed attempt to tune in to conversation at the table but finally gave up the ghost and said fck it. Not as easy as it sounds.

It was like this game of chicken - turkey, whatever -  to see who would notice that I was craning my neck around the corner to surreptitiously catch glimpes and sneak peeks into the living room where the TV was. Then there was the old "repositioning the chair" move, which was really me making imperceptible moves by guile to get closer to my target: the game. 

"Are you listening?" "Yes (lies, eyes glazed over, but not by alcohol).Oyyyy, I'M SO FULL, I NEED TO STRRRETTTTCH (stands, makes a power move in one fell swoop, arm crosses the threshold of dining room into living room, body follows). I sat down, rubbed my hands together, and was amazed by his performance in a putrid loss. I could feel the Thanksgiving chunks rising, but watching Revis's rookie debut was all the Brioschi I needed on this day. "OhmyGodOhmyGodOhmyGod, he's gonna be so good . . . !" "What? What are you doing in there?" "EVERYTHING WAS REALLY GOOD!"

And then somewhere along the line Darrelle Revis became a Cheat which was the final straw and I stopped giving a sh*t about him. So that's my Darrelle Revis Story. All of my stories are true. <==That always makes me laugh when I say that, because if it was true it wouldn't be a story; but it's a great oxymoron/welcome to the English language.  So anyway, get rid of your Revis jerseys and get a Johnny Sample or Freeman McNeil jersey instead.  Better yet, do what I would do, and go old school: take masking tape to make letters across the back to change the name. 

• Post of the Week 1

5 hours ago, jetophile said:

So here's my Darrelle Revis Story. My fondest memory of Darrelle Revis was when the Jets played Dallas on Thanksgiving when he was a rookie. I made a limp-wristed attempt to tune in to conversation at the table but finally gave up the ghost and said fck it. Not as easy as it sounds.

It was like this game of chicken - turkey, whatever -  to see who would notice that I was craning my neck around the corner to surreptitiously catch glimpes and sneak peeks into the living room where the TV was. Then there was the old "repositioning the chair" move, which was really me making imperceptible moves by guile to get closer to my target: the game. 

"Are you listening?" "Yes (lies, eyes glazed over, but not by alcohol).Oyyyy, I'M SO FULL, I NEED TO STRRRETTTTCH (stands, makes a power move in one fell swoop, arm crosses the threshold of dining room into living room, body follows). I sat down, rubbed my hands together, and was amazed by his performance in a putrid loss. I could feel the Thanksgiving chunks rising, but watching Revis's rookie debut was all the Brioschi I needed on this day. "OhmyGodOhmyGodOhmyGod, he's gonna be so good . . . !" "What? What are you doing in there?" "EVERYTHING WAS REALLY GOOD!"

And then somewhere along the line Darrelle Revis became a Cheat which was the final straw and I stopped giving a sh*t about him. So that's my Darrelle Revis Story. All of my stories are true. <==That always makes me laugh when I say that, because if it was true it wouldn't be a story; but it's a great oxymoron/welcome to the English language.  So anyway, get rid of your Revis jerseys and get a Johnny Sample or Freeman McNeil jersey instead.  Better yet, do what I would do, and go old school: take masking tape to make letters across the back to change the name. 

que?

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Y3k said:

Best player I’ve ever seen in a Jets uniform. Honestly probably the best player I’ve ever seen play.

50 minutes ago, Snell41 said:

Geez are you 20 years old?

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Even if he was there's a long list of players better than Revis. One right now would be Pat Mahomes. I understand they play on different sides of the ball but Mahomes is already better at QB than Revis at CB.

23 minutes ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

Even if he was there's a long list of players better than Revis. One right now would be Pat Mahomes. I understand they play on different sides of the ball but Mahomes is already better at QB than Revis at CB.

No, Pat Mahomes is not even the best quarterback in the NFL right now- see Russell Wilson. 

Pat Mahomes is not better than a prime Rodgers or prime Manning or 2007 Brady. Even if he is, he’s on their level not on another tier.

Revis has no comp. I’ve never seen another CB perform at his level. 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Y3k said:

No, Pat Mahomes is not even the best quarterback in the NFL right now- see Russell Wilson. 

Pat Mahomes is not better than a prime Rodgers or prime Manning or 2007 Brady. Even if he is, he’s on their level not on another tier.

Revis has no comp. I’ve never seen another CB perform at his level. 

On a list of greatest players ever id put all those guys ahead of Revis. Revis might be the greatest CB you’ve ever seen and that’s fair but to say he was the greatest PLAYER is asinine. 

7 minutes ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

On a list of greatest players ever id put all those guys ahead of Revis. Revis might be the greatest CB you’ve ever seen and that’s fair but to say he was the greatest PLAYER is asinine. 

I don’t believe you can compare players across totally different positions. Relative to other CBs, Revis is greater than I have seen players relative to their positions. Of course I would take Mahomes over Revis in a franchise draft. 

• Upvote 1