Is it even POSSIBLE that the starters on offense are worse than last year?

jetstream23

6 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:
What the hell are we trying to do to this quarterback?

How are we ever going to know if Darnold is good, bad, great, average?

Two GMs, two HCs.... year 3 of a Bottom 5 roster. Heck, they even gave Ryan Fitzpatrick guys like Brandon Marshall and Eric Decker.

As the next few games play out, hopefully the OL will prove to be improved, if not yet "good." Yeah, the WR situation is pretty crappy.  I'd like to see Darnold stop lobbing soft throws into a crowd in the middle of the field and learn how to throw the ball away while scrambling. There are still some things that he can control that he needs to get better at doing.

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Two GMs, two HCs.... year 3 of a Bottom 5 roster. Heck, they even gave Ryan Fitzpatrick guys like Brandon Marshall and Eric Decker.

Very good points.  Though, tbf, Joe D did draft Denzel Mims and we did have Le'veon at RB.  That's still deficient, of course.  But I think most people agreed that getting the OL repaired was job #1.  We didn't want Sam to go the way of Andrew Luck.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, peekskill68 said:

Some sunshine in a sea of despair...

Untitled.jpg

Dude WTF. This is on Douglas too. Something is up. Between showing up to the first game completely not ready to play and the entire draft class injured...WTF is going on? This is embarrassing on a new level of Jets embarrassing. They haven’t even practiced this week and he’s hurt? How?

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

Dude WTF. This is on Douglas too. Something is up. Between showing up to the first game completely not ready to play and the entire draft class injured...WTF is going on? This is embarrassing on a new level of Jets embarrassing. They haven’t even practiced this week and he’s hurt? How?

What? Becton is hurt?

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Outside of giving Amari Cooper $20 mil plus, there weren’t too many avenues to getting the WR1 here this year. I would have liked to see them be creative by bringing in an actual QB coach, but that wasn’t gonna happen. Maccagnan put the roster in such a hole at the skills positions that it would’ve taken a miracle to fix it in one offseason, which is too bad for Sam because this is The Year he has to show out. Giving Maccagnan the run of the house last offseason was a death knell

We would have beaten the Bills had Joe Douglas drafted another receiver in the sixth round.

• Haha 4

30 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Good players usually play good

8 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Outside of giving Amari Cooper $20 mil plus, there weren’t too many avenues to getting the WR1 here this year. I would have liked to see them be creative by bringing in an actual QB coach, but that wasn’t gonna happen. Maccagnan put the roster in such a hole at the skills positions that it would’ve taken a miracle to fix it in one offseason, which is too bad for Sam because this is The Year he has to show out. Giving Maccagnan the run of the house last offseason was a death knell

I still believe Mims will be a beast when he's healthy + I could see us going for Juju to pair with Sam + using 1 of our firsts on a stud WR. The entire core could be finished in 1 year with all young guys. 

I think the line is improved. Becton is clearly better than Beachum already and I suspect as the season goes on it will be clear the o-line has improved (almost) across the board.

Skill players, at least for now, look worse for sure. Perriman over Robby was a mistake, as is Hogan over Demarius Thomas. The latter makes zero sense. Crowder is Crowder. I think it's clear that we were counting on Mims to play and we just got hit hard with the hamstring injury.

Herdnon was a letdown last week but I'm still bullish on him this season.

Bell isn't the right player for this offense. I have little doubt Perine will be the best RB on the team by the end of the season.

The big "X-Factor" is that we were hoping even with limited weapons Darnold would be way better. No mono, full offseason, etc. Clearly one week in that's not the case. I'm not jumping to conclusions but we need to see a big jump Weeks 3-4, IMO. No reason the Jets shouldn't score in those games.

• Post of the Week 1

24 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Arguably the best WR in the NFL was traded for a 2nd round pick. Jets should have been all over that. 

They should have resigned Anderson. Maybe resign Anderson and sign Perriman if you like him so much.

Going from Anderson-Thomas-Crowder to Perriman-Hogan-Crowder is pretty disgraceful no matter what way you spin it. We downgraded.

• Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, Irish Jet said:

Arguably the best WR in the NFL was traded for a 2nd round pick. Jets should have been all over that.

O’Brien didn’t make Hopkins available at all. He dumped him on the Cardinals for David Johnson. It’s not like Douglas opted out of bidding on him.

1 minute ago, Irish Jet said:

They should have resigned Anderson. Maybe resign Anderson and sign Perriman if you like him so much.

There was no market for Anderson, Douglas offered him a competitive deal, especially for someone with no market, then Anderson’s college coach threw him what is effectively a one year deal. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, jetstream23 said:

Cant wait for Sunday!!!

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

some fans seem to think that free agency is a one way street.  the jets can't always get the players they target.  they need the potential free agent to agree too.

• Upvote 1