BROOKLYN JET

Christopher Johnson addresses the media...

2 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Can’t wait for @T0mShane and @SAR I to expound upon Chris Johnson’s prescient takes.

I am looking for the presser right now.  You can't believe these kids and their hateful misinterpreted Tweeks.

SAR I

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Honored to be counted among this group of incredibly wealthy aristocrats 

main-qimg-b4297815e9b4515343a701ded15311

Nice sportcoat, dude.

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

image.png.d01f85c4bc78cbff7f3d8798b1c2b1fe.png

Fuuuuuuuuuh

SAR I

1 hour ago, GreekJet said:

Is CJ trolling? Brilliant offensive mind?

Yes.  I said this a few days ago.

This is just like Adam Gase and his "I wouldn't call a single play differently" comment on Monday.

Gase and Johnson are sick of the overreactive pathetic hit-piece media and they're trolling them brilliantly.  It's awesome.

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

Can you imagine if we did not have genius running the offense?  Why we might have had between the 33rd and 40th ranked offense last year.

Run the numbers for the last 8 games thanks.

SAR I

44 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

It was ridiculously hilarious when Trump said it, but rather then laugh it off, Cruz wasted time and effort seeking evidence to prove it wrong.

The same goes for CJ calling Gase a brilliant offensive mind. --- Laugh it off.

+1000

The fact that some of the best JN trolls can't see that they're being trolled makes it even more funny.

This is CJ and AG firing back at the hitpiece media and it's brilliant.  I love it.  Tomorrow GW should tell us that Quinnen Williams looks like a bowling ball with knives out there.

SAR I

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, GreekJet said:

The fact that the owner came out to speak in this way after 1 week is alarming. It’s almost as if he is trying to prepare the fan base for a hideous season. 

Or he and Gase are sick and tired of the media hitpiece mafia and knows that next Monday the stupid fans will be lapping up every word spoken by the opportunists flying airplanes for YouTube views and he's nipping it in the bud before it starts.

He's controlling the message.  This works very well for Trump, confusing as all hell and keeps the media on the defensive.  Smart move by CJ.

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 2

16 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

CJ seems to have put a stake in the ground that he's onboard with Gase.  Time will tell whether he's right or wrong, but he does seem decisive on this.

That's the key right there.

I think if we're being honest and see the Jets the way the league sees the Jets, we will never attract top talent at GM and HC and in the FA market unless we stop all the "dysfunction" that has become our reputation.

If you know you're in for a very tough 3-5 year rebuild, you hire the best candidates you can to flush out the old culture, bad contracts, and bad players, and you stick to your guns, you stick to the new front office and new sidelines that you've built because you know you are in for some dark times for a few years.

And if you flip head coaches again, and if you knee-jerk overreact to media and fan pressure again, and if you don't change your ways as an owner and buy-in to a master plan that you yourself have created, then you are right back to square one again.  Settling for the HC that isn't even a coordinator and the other 9 teams passed on.  Settling for the GM whose claim to fame was ordering toilet paper for the Seattle Seahawks or recommended by a headhunter.  Jumping on big name players who take $20M and suddenly call in sick, lawyer-up, and force their way out of town.

Christopher Johnson is trying to do it right this time and that's why I'm behind it 100% percent.  It just may work this time.  Gase and Douglas aren't going anywhere.  They are here for years.  If there are JN members who find that thought repulsive, suggest they find another team to root for for awhile.  If you don't have the stomach for CJ's master plan any longer, its completely understandable.

SAR I

• Post of the Week 2

1 hour ago, Sharky7337 said:

Sar is Chris Johnson. It all makes sense!!

No, just that most of you are foolish, impatient children looking for the quick fix and then demanding the new guy get fired after 4 games. 

The Jets problem isn’t anyone in Florham Park.  It’s you.  

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

21 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

This was my first thought. When the hell are the johnsons going to get their noses out of the football operations?

If Christopher is silent, you call him aloof.  If Christopher speaks up, you call him meddling.  Fans create this lose lose scenario to support their preconceived bias. 

I can see JD tiring of the meddling at some point.
Like does JD have to ask CJ if he can do some things such as fire the coach

I can see JD appreciating an owner who keeps the heat and the tough questions off of the rookie GM and deliberately puts it on himself.  Most owners wouldn’t say a word for months and then show up at a press with a pink slip looking like a fan hero. 

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

I’m tired of seeing this on all your posts. Please delete it. 

SAR I

8 hours ago, GREENBEAN said:

This is now the 2nd time this week where you've somehow attached a seemingly deep seated resentment you have for "the fans" to me.  I am fairly consistent in my thoughts toward our ownership's hierarchy structure. It's faulty and not a firm basis for success. Again, you are talking to the wrong person. Having run numerous companies, I know a bit about it though.  

I use the word "you" to describe a group of people who aren't onboard with the rebuild and show an incredible impatience.  You've run companies, so how would you feel if you announced to your board that you are changing your business model and it will take 2-3 years before you see any meaningful results, they agree and support you completely, and then four weeks later they are flying planes around your building demanding you fire your executive team?  That makes sense to you?

8 hours ago, GREENBEAN said:

Least of all the only guy on this board who is so absurd in his defenses of the corp. he amazingly makes me seem like I'm not a homer. 

Last year you (ie "the mob") flew planes after four weeks and now you're ready to do it again after one week.  Last year was about injuries and a new playbook, this year (if you want to call it that, it's been one week) is about injuries and a whole bunch of new players on the OL.  And player defections.  And a pandemic.

There was nothing absurd about defending the Jets in Week 4 last year and there is nothing absurd about defending the Jets in Week 1 this year.  What's absurd is this calculated narrative that the media has created and you (ie "the mob") perpetuate with a hair-trigger.  And it's all designed to make money off the backs of Jets fans who have become programmed to drink Drano after a single loss in a sport where teams lose 40% of the time and this particular team is expected to lose 60% of the time.

Thanks for cleaning up your signature.

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

They won't fire gase because it costs money
They didn't sign robby because he wanted money.
They didn't hire a good hc because that costs money

They sit 30 million under the cap

It's time to admit the impossible, Manish was actually right about the Jets finances

Stop, stop, stop.

The Jets are not cheap.  They have spent huge money and got burned time and again.  If you look at how much they've spent on guys who lied and have forced their way off the team or are feigning injury, the Jets are right to be timid about signing the next Kelichi Osemele or Trumaine Johnson or CJ Mosley.  All three looked great on paper, all three used the Jets to get a payday and didn't want to win here.

The Jets are making the financial effort.  It is not being reciprocated by the FA players they chose.  Maccagnan was a fool.  Douglas won't be.  Short term, that means we aren't spending a lot.  Covid affects the cap.  We may or may not need every penny for a Darnold max deal.  Lots going on, none of it means the Johnson's are cheap.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Matt39 said:

Half the roster being hurt tells you about any chance of progress. The entire rookie class has done nothing besides Becton. Most haven’t even practiced. This isn’t progress- this is getting worse.

But it's a) not Gase's fault and b) prevents us from getting a read on Gase's abilities.

You know how fans are crushed over the amount of injuries last year and this year?  It affects Gase even more.  And instead of feeling bad for the guy or at least showing a modicum of understanding, they want to run him out of town.  Again.  Because that's all Jets fans know how to do when it comes to a head coach.  "Four games!  I've seen enough!  Get him out of here!  I'm sure there are a dozen great head coaches who would take this job in a minute!"

SAR I

• Thumb Down 1

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

We can hate Gase on the field, but he’s the one who rubbed the owner’s nose in his own sh*t and set the org on a brighter path. The team isn’t good right now, but it’d be the Lusitania without Gase. At least there’s a plan in effect and the owner is letting them execute it

Required reading.

SAR I

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

bull-hooey. They are like a bazillion dollars under the cap and the team lacks starting quality players at WR, CB and rush OLB positions. 

adam gase is like the cheapest HC a team could possibly pay 

We will respectfully disagree.  What got us into this trouble to begin with stretches back to the 'win now' mentality of the 2012-2016 Jets, those post-Ryan post-playoff years, the free agent signings, the fat deals to defensive stoners, Fitzpatrick as the answer, etc. etc.

"You have to pay the price for Sonny,  Carlo."  

We wouldn't be here having this conversation about money if the players played as expected.  Mosley, Trumaine, Le'Veon, Osemele, Perriman, Bellamy, if they just played to the expected level, if our 2020 draft class were healthy, if we had seen results, kept Jamal and Robbie, this team would look very different as those are all areas of need right now.  

But all those FA's are busts and the draft class is hurt.  I can't see how this reflects on CJ being cheap or Adam being a bad coach.  It's incredibly bad luck and/or Maccagnan completely misreading the character of the players he was forking over contracts to.  And now with that dead weight and the impact of the pandemic on next year's cap and a potential max deal for Sam, being over the cap is a smart strategy.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, GREENBEAN said:

I CLEANED UP my signature.

I fixed your comment above.  Again, I thank you.

SAR I

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company