Christopher Johnson addresses the media...

BROOKLYN JET

32 minutes ago, CTJetsFan said:

A "brilliant offensive mind".

This has been my concern about Gase all along. He may very well be extremely knowledgeable and creative when talking football concepts and theories....especially to those who know a lot less than he does. He may be a Xs and Os, white board genius.

The problem is a head football coach needs to be able to also effectively communicate his ideas and concepts to his assistants and players. He needs to know the intricacies of what is needed to execute his concepts and theories (techniques) and also recognize and adjust those ideas when they don't fit his personnel or when the opposition has figured out how to stop them.

My analogy would be a military officer who excels in knowing military history, theory and tactics and can dazzle with his knowledge in a presentation or classroom. However, drop that same officer into a combat situation and they do not know how to think, lead and react under fire or adjust when their initial strategy has come undone due to changing circumstances.

This, my fear, is Adam Gase. A football "bookworm" but not a head coach. I don't think he's even ever played the game. Almost like a kid who calls plays on Madden and thinks they know football.

Gase was a wide receiver in high school and college.

Believe it or not he did pretty well he just wasn't fast enough and knew he wasn't getting into the pros.

So he began a coaching internship under Nick Saban, along with his roommate Josh McDaniels.

The guy actually has an above average pedigree. Jets fans just have no patience whatsoever.

Come on guys do you not see what just happened for the last year-and-a-half? What team has been more cursed by injuries, mono,  not even counting the pandemic and no preseason .  It's not excuses it's facts !

Gase if anybody has completely turned this entire football team around and set it in the right direction.

And yes he's definitely a football bookworm. He probably has problems relating to people LOL. Yet he's only like 42 years old. How old were Belichick and Pete Carroll after their first few stops and they finally got their s*** together?

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

Believe it or not he did pretty well he just wasn't fast enough and knew he wasn't getting into the pros.

Surprised he didn't play QB, considering the way his eyes could scan the field.

He’s just as clueless as his brother. The jets don’t give a sh*t about winning as long as they continue to be at the top of the league in attendance and the Johnsons continue raking in coin the rest is just a minor inconvenience

24 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

So it sounds like CJ's priority was to not embarrass Mac over the long term success of his team. Admitting it was a mistake to not fire him sooner is good, but does he really understand why?

Like, really guy? 

I don't profess to understand human psyche and behavior, or why people sometimes do what they do.  But, CJ seems like a decent human being and an honorable man.  He also stepped into a situation where his brother, the primary owner of the team, had just left the country and handed him the ownership keys to the franchise.  It likely wasn't an easy move to undo what his brother, who had hired so-called "experts" like Charlie Casserly, etc. to assist, had done in terms of executing a search to get Maccagnan and Bowles.

CJ was late on the decision to fire Macc and he has now admitted as much.  My guess is that he held on a little too long because he didn't want to completely sh!t on the time, the process and the decision-making that his brother had recently completed.  It's unfortunate but it's understandable.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

11 minutes ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

So he began a coaching internship under Nick Saban, along with his roommate Josh McDaniels.

The guy actually has an above average pedigree. Jets fans just have no patience whatsoever.

Come on guys do you not see what just happened for the last year-and-a-half? What team has been more cursed by injuries, mono,  not even counting the pandemic and no preseason .  It's not excuses it's facts !

Gase if anybody has completely turned this entire football team around and set it in the right direction.

And yes he's definitely a football bookworm. He probably has problems relating to people LOL. Yet he's only like 42 years old. How old were Belichick and Pete Carroll after their first few stops and they finally got their s*** together?

Explain why Gase's teams have consistently been utter sh*t offensively when not QBed by Peyton Manning, thanks in advance.

• Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

I don't profess to understand human psyche and behavior, or why people sometimes do what they do.  But, CJ seems like a decent human being and an honorable man.  He also stepped into a situation where his brother, the primary owner of the team, had just left the country and handed him the ownership keys to the franchise.  It likely wasn't an easy move to undo what his brother, who had hired so-called "experts" like Charlie Casserly, etc. assist, had done in terms of executing a search to get Maccagnan and Bowles.

CJ was late on the decision and he has now admitted as much.  My guess is that he held on a little too long because he didn't want to completely sh!t on the time, the process and the decision-making that his brother had recently completed.  It's unfortunate but it's understandable.

So he's soft AF. This is the NFL. It's cut throat sh*t. You don't win without first having that be your #1 priority. Instead CJ is worried about peoples feelings and not screwing up and sh*t. ****.

He should just hand the keys over to JD and peace out.

1 hour ago, GreekJet said:

Is CJ trolling? Brilliant offensive mind?

Yes.  I said this a few days ago.

This is just like Adam Gase and his "I wouldn't call a single play differently" comment on Monday.

Gase and Johnson are sick of the overreactive pathetic hit-piece media and they're trolling them brilliantly.  It's awesome.

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

So he's soft AF. This is the NFL. It's cut throat sh*t. You don't win without first having that be your #1 priority. Instead CJ is worried about peoples feelings and not screwing up and sh*t. ****.

He should just hand the keys over to JD and peace out.

I agree.  I'm not saying it's right but it's a possible reason.  As I said earlier, that he now recognizes he was slow to act on Macc is a positive.  Let's hope he's learning.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Skeet Ulrich said:

Explain why Gase's teams have consistently been utter sh*t offensively when not QBed by Peyton Manning, thanks in advance.

Actually gase was the quarterbacks coach  in Denver when Tim Tebow got to the playoffs. He then was named the offensive coordinator for the two years Manning was there.

He was the offensive coordinator when Jay Cutler had his best season with the Bears. And in his first season as head coach of the Dolphins he got to the playoffs with Ryan Tannehill.

However I understand where you're coming from so I'll explain it like this. Gase is a head coach and his job as a head coach is to win games with whatever he has at his disposal anyway he can. His job is NOT offensive rankings.

I'm pretty sure if you asked him he would be happy to win every single game three to nothing as long as he won. That's his job.

Winning.

You're welcome.

• Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

This is just like Adam Gase and his "I wouldn't call a single play differently" comment on Monday.

Gase and Johnson are sick of the overreactive pathetic hit-piece media and they're trolling them brilliantly.  It's awesome.

SAR I

When your IQ reaches 30...sell.

3 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

I'm helping out every way I possibly can like a good soldier!

• Post of the Week 1

44 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

It was ridiculously hilarious when Trump said it, but rather then laugh it off, Cruz wasted time and effort seeking evidence to prove it wrong.

The same goes for CJ calling Gase a brilliant offensive mind. --- Laugh it off.

+1000

The fact that some of the best JN trolls can't see that they're being trolled makes it even more funny.

This is CJ and AG firing back at the hitpiece media and it's brilliant.  I love it.  Tomorrow GW should tell us that Quinnen Williams looks like a bowling ball with knives out there.

SAR I

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

Actually gase was the quarterbacks coach  in Denver when Tim Tebow got to the playoffs. He then was named the offensive coordinator for the two years Manning was there.

He was the offensive coordinator when Jay Cutler had his best season with the Bears. And in his first season as head coach of the Dolphins he got to the playoffs with Ryan Tannehill.

However I understand where you're coming from so I'll explain it like this. Gase is a head coach and his job as a head coach is to win games with whatever he has at his disposal anyway he can. His job is NOT offensive rankings.

I'm pretty sure if you asked him he would be happy to win every single game three to nothing as long as he won. That's his job.

Winning.

You're welcome.

Then you agree he's done a piss poor job at his objectives and should be fired. Good! We're on the same page.

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Decision makers need to make cold, hard decisions.  Sometimes that means cutting bait early with a coach or player, other times it means sticking with what you believe in despite some bad early results.  CJ seems to have put a stake in the ground that he's onboard with Gase.  Time will tell whether he's right or wrong, but he does seem decisive on this.

It's worthwhile noting that Bills fans wanted to fire HC Sean McDermott after his second season when they went 6-10.  That Bills team is now likely the best team in the AFCE.  Buffalo is approximately 2 years ahead of the Jets in their rebuild.  I don't claim to know for sure whether Gase is the right guy or not, but it always seems darkest before the dawn.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

31 minutes ago, GreekJet said:

The fact that the owner came out to speak in this way after 1 week is alarming. It’s almost as if he is trying to prepare the fan base for a hideous season. 

Or he and Gase are sick and tired of the media hitpiece mafia and knows that next Monday the stupid fans will be lapping up every word spoken by the opportunists flying airplanes for YouTube views and he's nipping it in the bud before it starts.

He's controlling the message.  This works very well for Trump, confusing as all hell and keeps the media on the defensive.  Smart move by CJ.

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 2