BROOKLYN JET

Christopher Johnson addresses the media...

8 hours ago, GREENBEAN said:

This is now the 2nd time this week where you've somehow attached a seemingly deep seated resentment you have for "the fans" to me.  I am fairly consistent in my thoughts toward our ownership's hierarchy structure. It's faulty and not a firm basis for success. Again, you are talking to the wrong person. Having run numerous companies, I know a bit about it though.  

I use the word "you" to describe a group of people who aren't onboard with the rebuild and show an incredible impatience.  You've run companies, so how would you feel if you announced to your board that you are changing your business model and it will take 2-3 years before you see any meaningful results, they agree and support you completely, and then four weeks later they are flying planes around your building demanding you fire your executive team?  That makes sense to you?

8 hours ago, GREENBEAN said:

Least of all the only guy on this board who is so absurd in his defenses of the corp. he amazingly makes me seem like I'm not a homer. 

Last year you (ie "the mob") flew planes after four weeks and now you're ready to do it again after one week.  Last year was about injuries and a new playbook, this year (if you want to call it that, it's been one week) is about injuries and a whole bunch of new players on the OL.  And player defections.  And a pandemic.

There was nothing absurd about defending the Jets in Week 4 last year and there is nothing absurd about defending the Jets in Week 1 this year.  What's absurd is this calculated narrative that the media has created and you (ie "the mob") perpetuate with a hair-trigger.  And it's all designed to make money off the backs of Jets fans who have become programmed to drink Drano after a single loss in a sport where teams lose 40% of the time and this particular team is expected to lose 60% of the time.

Thanks for cleaning up your signature.

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Woody Johnson: Holds himself accountable for past mistakes and confronts the media about his mindset regarding past mistakes and gives an idea of his vision for the immediate future.

Jets Fans: Woody Johnson doesn’t care about winning otherwise he would’ve done what we wanted now not what we claimed to have wanted yesterday. How dare he speak.

• Upvote 1

Does CJ see the irony of admitting to hanging on to Mac too long, while still saying that Gase is a “beautiful mind” for offensive football

1 minute ago, Obrien2Toon said:

Does CJ see the irony of admitting to hanging on to Mac too long, while still saying that Gase is a “beautiful mind” for offensive football

I'm a Gase supporter and I agree with your point.  CJ should shut up and let it play out.  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

They won't fire gase because it costs money
They didn't sign robby because he wanted money.
They didn't hire a good hc because that costs money

They sit 30 million under the cap

It's time to admit the impossible, Manish was actually right about the Jets finances

Stop, stop, stop.

The Jets are not cheap.  They have spent huge money and got burned time and again.  If you look at how much they've spent on guys who lied and have forced their way off the team or are feigning injury, the Jets are right to be timid about signing the next Kelichi Osemele or Trumaine Johnson or CJ Mosley.  All three looked great on paper, all three used the Jets to get a payday and didn't want to win here.

The Jets are making the financial effort.  It is not being reciprocated by the FA players they chose.  Maccagnan was a fool.  Douglas won't be.  Short term, that means we aren't spending a lot.  Covid affects the cap.  We may or may not need every penny for a Darnold max deal.  Lots going on, none of it means the Johnson's are cheap.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Matt39 said:

Half the roster being hurt tells you about any chance of progress. The entire rookie class has done nothing besides Becton. Most haven’t even practiced. This isn’t progress- this is getting worse.

But it's a) not Gase's fault and b) prevents us from getting a read on Gase's abilities.

You know how fans are crushed over the amount of injuries last year and this year?  It affects Gase even more.  And instead of feeling bad for the guy or at least showing a modicum of understanding, they want to run him out of town.  Again.  Because that's all Jets fans know how to do when it comes to a head coach.  "Four games!  I've seen enough!  Get him out of here!  I'm sure there are a dozen great head coaches who would take this job in a minute!"

SAR I

• Thumb Down 1

7 minutes ago, SAR I said:

The Jets are making the financial effort. 

bull-hooey. They are like a bazillion dollars under the cap and the team lacks starting quality players at WR, CB and rush OLB positions. 

adam gase is like the cheapest HC a team could possibly pay 

I will agree with you SAR back in the WSS days and Curtis Martin era the Johnsons cared. 

that was like 10 years ago bro 

and let's be honest: there's no need for the owner to address the media 

i will repeat this again, louder for the b words in the back 

THERES NO NEED FOR THE OWNER TO ADDRESS THE MEDIA

to do so is a rookie mistake among owners 

except Chris is not the owner he's the guy who borrowed his brother's Maybach and went cruising with it like a big shot

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, SAR I said:

But it's a) not Gase's fault and b) prevents us from getting a read on Gase's abilities.

You know how fans are crushed over the amount of injuries last year and this year?  It affects Gase even more.  And instead of feeling bad for the guy or at least showing a modicum of understanding, they want to run him out of town.  Again.  Because that's all Jets fans know how to do when it comes to a head coach.  "Four games!  I've seen enough!  Get him out of here!  I'm sure there are a dozen great head coaches who would take this job in a minute!"

SAR I

The whole process is wrong. Douglas had a 1.5 to prep for the draft, has talked about “building the best culture in football” and he’s brought in guys punting on their rookie season to hang in the training room. Unless these players just aren’t ready, which isn’t good either. 

Perine- low ankle sprain but can’t play? Why?

Zuniga- a 2 month quad injury? Really?

Mims- who knows at this point

Other picks are hurt too.

all 3 were expected to contribute right away and they’ve all been MIA. It’s a culture problem still.

• Upvote 3

17 hours ago, SAR I said:

Or he and Gase are sick and tired of the media hitpiece mafia and knows that next Monday the stupid fans will be lapping up every word spoken by the opportunists flying airplanes for YouTube views and he's nipping it in the bud before it starts.

He's controlling the message.  This works very well for Trump, confusing as all hell and keeps the media on the defensive.  Smart move by CJ.

SAR I

Some people will call you crazy, I actually agree with you.  

Gase since day one has been taking subtle sarcastic shots at the media. I dont know if thats what CJ is doing, but he strikes me as the type of guy that just tries to mold his humor and personality to whoever he is around to fit in. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Chrebetfan80 said:

Some people will call you crazy, I actually agree with you.  

Gase since day one has been taking subtle sarcastic shots at the media. I dont know if thats what CJ is doing, but he strikes me as the type of guy that just tries to mold his humor and personality to whoever he is around to fit in. 

This would be awesome if the players the Jets had were all in and playing hard. It looks as if they hadnt practiced on Sunday. Half the team hurt. I'm all for being a dick to the beat, but you gotta show up to play too. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, bitonti said:

They won't fire gase because it costs money
They didn't sign robby because he wanted money.
They didn't hire a good hc because that costs money

They sit 30 million under the cap

It's time to admit the impossible, Manish was actually right about the Jets finances

Sent from my Pixel 2 using JetNation.com mobile app

There is no salary cap for coaches. Yet, goddamn, somehow, big coincidence, Jets always end up getting theirs from the remainder bin/closeout rack at bottom dollar prices.

Again, Matt Rhule may not be the 2nd coming of Vince Lombardi, but for the crime of wanting to pick his own staff, the Johnsons yanked their offer . Doug Marrone once parked his car too close to Manish Mehta at Syracuse, Johnsons' offer revoked. They brought in search firms to find....Todd Bowles. They hired Ryan because literally nobody with the Ravens would ever consider him. Mangini, loon that he may be, took this job at no small cost to his reputation. He even took on Favre and was told if it blew up, he would not lose his job. Well. Herman Edwards is a nice guy, but he had no business being an NFL head coach. 

Common denominator of all of the above the Johnsons actually hired-THEY WORK CHEAP. 

• Upvote 1

bull-hooey. They are like a bazillion dollars under the cap and the team lacks starting quality players at WR, CB and rush OLB positions. 

I will agree with you SAR back in the WSS days and Curtis Martin era the Johnsons cared. 

that was like 10 years ago bro 

and let's be honest: there's no need for the owner to address the media 

i will repeat this again, louder for the b words in the back 

THERES NO NEED FOR THE OWNER TO ADDRESS THE MEDIA

to do so is a rookie mistake among owners 

except Chris is not the owner he's the guy who borrowed his brother's Maybach and went cruising with it like a big shot

Spare the day owners fire or hire a GM or a coach, or get handed a Lombardi at the Super Bowl, correct. 

If after week 17 the Johnsons do cut bait on Gase, they will look like buffoons. Again. 

• Thumb Down 1

Wait so we doing the whole defend gase thing still for his terrible job performance? How many blowouts do we have to endure to admit gase is a terrible coach

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Matt39 said:

This would be awesome if the players the Jets had were all in and playing hard. It looks as if they hadnt practiced on Sunday. Half the team hurt. I'm all for being a dick to the beat, but you gotta show up to play too. 

absolutely, i just wonder how much a lack of preseason is affecting this team with so many new pieces. 

21 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Bengals owner >>>> Johnsons

At least Paul Brown basically said he was making money with a losing team, so there was no incentive to win.

The Johnson are doing the same, but sell the fans bullsh*t about caring. 

I’m moving to Pittsburgh, Wisconsin or Seattle, Missouri so can pick a new team.

Get a bulletproof vest too, those place are dangerous right now.

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

We can hate Gase on the field, but he’s the one who rubbed the owner’s nose in his own sh*t and set the org on a brighter path. The team isn’t good right now, but it’d be the Lusitania without Gase. At least there’s a plan in effect and the owner is letting them execute it

Required reading.

SAR I

25 minutes ago, Bugg said:

There is no salary cap for coaches. Yet, goddamn, somehow, big coincidence, Jets always end up getting theirs from the remainder bin/closeout rack at bottom dollar prices.

Again, Matt Rhule may not be the 2nd coming of Vince Lombardi, but for the crime of wanting to pick his own staff, the Johnsons yanked their offer . Doug Marrone once parked his car too close to Manish Mehta at Syracuse, Johnsons' offer revoked. They brought in search firms to find....Todd Bowles. They hired Ryan because literally nobody with the Ravens would ever consider him. Mangini, loon that he may be, took this job at no small cost to his reputation. He even took on Favre and was told if it blew up, he would not lose his job. Well. Herman Edwards is a nice guy, but he had no business being an NFL head coach. 

Common denominator of all of the above the Johnsons actually hired-THEY WORK CHEAP. 

Who would you have hired over Gase?

We will respectfully disagree.  What got us into this trouble to begin with stretches back to the 'win now' mentality of the 2012-2016 Jets, those post-Ryan post-playoff years, the free agent signings, the fat deals to defensive stoners, Fitzpatrick as the answer, etc. etc.

"You have to pay the price for Sonny,  Carlo."  

We wouldn't be here having this conversation about money if the players played as expected.  Mosley, Trumaine, Le'Veon, Osemele, Perriman, Bellamy, if they just played to the expected level, if our 2020 draft class were healthy, if we had seen results, kept Jamal and Robbie, this team would look very different as those are all areas of need right now.  

But all those FA's are busts and the draft class is hurt.  I can't see how this reflects on CJ being cheap or Adam being a bad coach.  It's incredibly bad luck and/or Maccagnan completely misreading the character of the players he was forking over contracts to.  And now with that dead weight and the impact of the pandemic on next year's cap and a potential max deal for Sam, being over the cap is a smart strategy.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, SAR I said:

No, just that most of you are foolish, impatient children looking for the quick fix and then demanding the new guy get fired after 4 games. 

The Jets problem isn’t anyone in Florham Park.  It’s you.  

SAR I

Yes, all those playoff appearances and championships the last 50 years, especially the last 10.  I don't know what some of us were thinking. We've been spoiled. 

• Post of the Week 1

3 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Purportedly, Gase is the one who pulled Douglas in from Philly, and they worked together with the Bears. This isn’t a Charlie Casserly or Korn Ferry situation where they had an outside entity staple two losers together to fulfill a contract. Gase showed CJ how dysfunctional and bad Maccagnan was, and Johnson saw the light. We can hate Gase on the field, but he’s the one who rubbed the owner’s nose in his own sh*t and set the org on a brighter path. The team isn’t good right now, but it’d be the Lusitania without Gase. At least there’s a plan in effect and the owner is letting them execute it

The Jets got what they got with Korn Ferry and Casserly because of the silly parameters the Johnson’s had. I don’t have your optimism that any light has been seen. Gase conned CJ(not hard) and then got his buddy hired. I do not get the impression, or at least for Gase, that he’s really all in. He’s good at looking like he’s all in. I see the same half assed franchise doing half assed things. Sunday was embarrassing with how unprepared the team was.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

The Jets got what they got with Korn Ferry and Casserly because of the silly parameters the Johnson’s had. I don’t have your optimism that any light has been seen. Gase conned CJ(not hard) and then got his buddy hired. I do not get the impression, or at least for Gase, that he’s really all in. He’s good at looking like he’s all in.

I think that’s actually similar to my read, too. Gase needed a job and he got the Jets to hire him. He doesn’t seem the type who wants to be the front man or who wants to stand at a podium and explain the idiocy of others to a bunch of 26 year old beat writers every day. I think it wouldn’t trouble him for a second if he got fired from this place the same way he didn’t appear all that hurt about leaving the Miami clown show. If it comes down to it, Douglas will take Gase into his office to “fire” him and they’ll shoot some scotch and laugh about how Gase gets to cash Johnson checks while not working for a few months. Why not? It’s a rebuild, the guys they picked to show off that rebuild are weirdly all injured, and the QB is a mental patient. Let Greggg and Jim Bob take over. Next year, Gase can go work in San Francisco or pick up a college gig. 

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

I Incorrectly and inappropriately use the word "you" to describe a group of people who aren't onboard with the rebuild and show an incredible impatience.  You've run companies, so how would you feel if you announced to your board that you are changing your business model and it will take 2-3 years before you see any meaningful results, they agree and support you completely, and then four weeks later they are flying planes around your building demanding you fire your executive team?  That makes sense to you?

I fixed your above comment.  But no it doesn't make sense to me and I've never been on board with any of that BS. 
Which is at the source of my confusion as to why these comments of yours are in response to posts I make.  It's becoming consistent so I needed to reply to it. I don't get it.  I don't get blanket stereotupical statements in general though. I think the like to be at the core of many of our national problems but I digress.  

3 hours ago, SAR I said:

Last year you (ie "the mob") flew planes after four weeks and now you're ready to do it again after one week.  Last year was about injuries and a new playbook, this year (if you want to call it that, it's been one week) is about injuries and a whole bunch of new players on the OL.  And player defections.  And a pandemic.

There was nothing absurd about defending the Jets in Week 4 last year and there is nothing absurd about defending the Jets in Week 1 this year.  What's absurd is this calculated narrative that the media has created and you (ie "the mob") perpetuate with a hair-trigger.  And it's all designed to make money off the backs of Jets fans who have become programmed to drink Drano after a single loss in a sport where teams lose 40% of the time and this particular team is expected to lose 60% of the time.

Again, not me. And using the word you is in contrast to any point YOU, SAR 1, are trying to make.  I am not among the "you" you speak of. 

You really should catch a GreenBean vid and you will know where I stand.  Generally speaking I'm a homer and I get my balls busted regularly for it. Hell, I predicted 12-4 for this season. hahaha  The issue here is I am also able to be critical while still being a homer.  That fact seems to have eluded you. We don't have to defend everything in order to be defensive of the team. It's not all our nothing or black and white. I'm that way in the outside world as well.  CJ is being a moron. 

3 hours ago, SAR I said:

I didn't clean up my signature.

This is another good example of your blanket statement issue.  ALL of my posts, as you stated in your original post to me, is not accurate. It's only when I post from my phone, which is about 25% of the time, that you see that sig. Most of the time I'm on my computer and that doesn't show up. I'm sorry that the 25% of my posts bother you so much. You should work on that. :)

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

3 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Purportedly, Gase is the one who pulled Douglas in from Philly, and they worked together with the Bears. This isn’t a Charlie Casserly or Korn Ferry situation where they had an outside entity staple two losers together to fulfill a contract. Gase showed CJ how dysfunctional and bad Maccagnan was, and Johnson saw the light. We can hate Gase on the field, but he’s the one who rubbed the owner’s nose in his own sh*t and set the org on a brighter path. The team isn’t good right now, but it’d be the Lusitania without Gase. At least there’s a plan in effect and the owner is letting them execute it

In fairness to the Lusitania it was sunk by German U-Boats.  Their crew had actually held the record for the fastest Atlantic crossing at one time.  I would love to have a crew as good as those on board the Lusitania running the NY Jets.  

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

We wouldn't be here having this conversation about money if the players played as expected.   

that's water over the bridge and we actually agree 

but now, week 2, the player that needs to play as expected the most is Sam Darnold 

• Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

We will respectfully disagree.  What got us into this trouble to begin with stretches back to the 'win now' mentality of the 2012-2016 Jets, those post-Ryan post-playoff years, the free agent signings, the fat deals to defensive stoners, Fitzpatrick as the answer, etc. etc.

"You have to pay the price for Sonny,  Carlo."  

We wouldn't be here having this conversation about money if the players played as expected.  Mosley, Trumaine, Le'Veon, Osemele, Perriman, Bellamy, if they just played to the expected level, if our 2020 draft class were healthy, if we had seen results, kept Jamal and Robbie, this team would look very different as those are all areas of need right now.  

But all those FA's are busts and the draft class is hurt.  I can't see how this reflects on CJ being cheap or Adam being a bad coach.  It's incredibly bad luck and/or Maccagnan completely misreading the character of the players he was forking over contracts to.  And now with that dead weight and the impact of the pandemic on next year's cap and a potential max deal for Sam, being over the cap is a smart strategy.

SAR I

Please let this malingering @#$% get COVID-19.  CJ Measley was a horrible FA signing.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Fantasy Island said:

Continuity and chemistry seem to be a priority for Mike ...

They guy passed up a FG to tie the game for a 2 yard pass on 4th and 3.  

18 hours ago, Bugg said:

They aren't firing an coach after Week 1, no matter how awful the debacle.

Sadly though spare a season or 3, you could have recorded this during most Jets seasons during the Johnson Error and changed NOTHING except the head coach's name. For some reason, the Johnsons hire the most reasonable and bland coaching choice.

There's a big difference between wanting to win and say, getting whiny because Matt Rhule had the unmitigated gall to want to choose his own coaching staff.  

Simply do not understand how while being in the same division with a Pats' offense that scores points like a Madden whiz kid for going on a 3rd decade, Jets ALWAYS have a totally sheetbag offense. How the f__ is it looks like the offense met for the very first time at a drunken tailgate right before game time. 

I wonder if Panthers and Cowboys fans are ready to fire Rhule and McCarthy yet .

7 minutes ago, Biggs said:

They guy passed up a FG to tie the game for a 2 yard pass on 4th and 3.  

That play was on Lamb. He's got to get to the right depth and he didn't.

50 minutes ago, Skeet Ulrich said:

That play was on Lamb. He's got to get to the right depth and he didn't.

Your blaming a rookie without 1 pre-season game?  

23 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Your blaming a rookie without 1 pre-season game?  

On basic stuff like that? Yeah. He screwed up and he owned it. You're a pro WR, even college kids know you have to get past the sticks on your route there.

https://cowboyswire.usatoday.com/2020/09/14/cowboys-defend-aggressiveness-4th-down-call-ceedee-lamb-its-on-me-postgame-quotes/

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, GREENBEAN said:

I CLEANED UP my signature.

I fixed your comment above.  Again, I thank you.

SAR I