Tank for Trevor

johnnyjet

1 minute ago, The Crusher said:

That's just mean, Leave Trevor Alone. Let him go to an actual NFL team that has half a clue what to do with a young QB. 

It would be so Jetsy to secure top pick, then Trevor decides to play at Clemson again because "I made a commitment to Clemson and I want to honor that." Real reason being he'd rather take his chances to play down South. He is that kind of guy. Much more "state fair" than "Broadway."

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, jgb said:

It would be so Jetsy to secure top pick, then Trevor decides to play at Clemson again because "I made a commitment to Clemson and I want to honor that." Real reason being he'd rather take his chances to play down South. He is that kind of guy. Much more "state fair" than "Broadway."

I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that's exactly how it would play out. 

6 minutes ago, jgb said:

agreed !  

btw, the falcons are hopin' to get him  8::

what's this tanking talk?  it's foolish at this point.  realistically it's almost impossible for the jets to get the top pick or even the top 3.  and if they're not there, it will take a number of 1st round picks in a package to move up.  plus people need to look at the recent can't miss qb prospects over the years.  even in the great 1983 draft there was only elllway.  the rest of the guys could've gone either way.  and of late we saw mahommes and watson being drafted out of the top 10.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, rangerous said:

what's this tanking talk?  it's foolish at this point.  realistically it's almost impossible for the jets to get the top pick or even the top 3.  and if they're not there, it will take a number of 1st round picks in a package to move up.  plus people need to look at the recent can't miss qb prospects over the years.  even in the great 1983 draft there was only elllway.  the rest of the guys could've gone either way.  and of late we saw mahommes and watson being drafted out of the top 10.

Nothing is guaranteed but Lawrence is as can't miss as you can get when it comes to drafting a QB.  Agree it'll take multiple 1's to move up. If top pick doesn't want a QB, it will be a bidding war.

6 minutes ago, rangerous said:

We won't be tanking intentionally.

22 minutes ago, jgb said:

It would but he already said he is graduating early and this will be his last year. There no Archie Manning’s in the Lawrence

2 minutes ago, kmnj said:

if I was a star college qb I would do what some other famous qbs have done-refuse to play for the scrub team that would ruin their career in this case the jets

After seeing the jets ruin Sam and throw him under the bus no way either Lawrence or Fields will want anything to do with Adam Gase and the Johnson Bros

This thread does importantly point out that tanking for a QB might not work, because QBs can see down the road and elect to stay in school to avoid the crappy team.

Now in Darnold's case, the Jets were picking 6 around the time that he declared for the Draft.  Now when the Jets traded up from 6 to 3 on St. Patrick's Day, that changed things.  

• Upvote 1

Sorry, three issues with a tank for Trevor movement.

#1 Jets never tank and always fluke off a couple late wins to totally screw us out of premium players draft position wise.

#2 Trevor Lawrence is very very overrated.  Good prospect?  Yes, Saviour prospect?  No.

#3 Adam Gase will be coaching Lawrence, thus he is 100% handicapped and screwed and we will see no difference between him and a guy like Darnold.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

Sorry, three issues with a tank for Trevor movement.

#1 Jets never tank and always fluke off a couple late wins to totally screw us out of premium players draft position wise.

#2 Trevor Lawrence is very very overrated.  Good prospect?  Yes, Saviour prospect?  No.

#3 Adam Gase will be coaching Lawrence, thus he is 100% handicapped and screwed and we will see no difference between him and a guy like Darnold.

#1 agree

#2 disagree

#3 there is no scenario the Jets draft Lawrence and Gase is still here.

• Upvote 2

I vividly remember suck for Sam threads.  And Tank for Tua.  Jack-off for Joe(maybe not that one).

I don't remember Piss it down your Leg for Patrick.  Or Really Suck for Russell.  Or Dog**** for Deshaun.  Or Awful for Aaron.

Maybe there isn't causation, but there definitely appears to be correlation between Young QB success with QBs who go to a team that was functional before they got there and QBs who go to bad teams.

Hopefully the surrounding roster improves soon, because I don't think any QB is coming into this current situation and turning things around by themselves.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2
  • Haha 1