Tank for Trevor

johnnyjet

One of the stupidest things that anyone can think or repeat like a parrot is "tank for insert name"
This Jets team now could get Tom Brady on his prime and would still suck,

Tanking for whatever does not work right now. As an organization, the Jets need a lobotomy, a mindset transplant, a complete model overhaul, or the same sh#t will continue happening again and again. 

1 hour ago, jgb said:

It would be so Jetsy to secure top pick, then Trevor decides to play at Clemson again because "I made a commitment to Clemson and I want to honor that." Real reason being he'd rather take his chances to play down South. He is that kind of guy. Much more "state fair" than "Broadway."

Plus Jets grind up young QB's into compost. 

53 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Plus Jets grind up young QB's into compost. 

Remember when we had a shot to bring in a guy who had been HC during the entire career of one of the best current QBs and instead we took a Dolphin-castoff?

Mike McCarthy may not have been perfect--and yes it's easy to argue "C'mon, anyone could coach Aaron Rogers!" as if coaching had nothing to do with it--but passing on guys like that and not being able to develop QBs might be connected.

Jets never waste an opportunity to waste an opportunity.

• Upvote 2

36 minutes ago, Ecuadorian Jet said:

One of the stupidest things that anyone can think or repeat like a parrot is "tank for insert name"

Tanking for whatever does not work right now. As an organization, the Jets need a lobotomy, a mindset transplant, a complete model overhaul, or the same sh#t will continue happening again and again. 

I always said this. Brady is a success from the organization. You throw any hall of famer onto this team and they are no longer what they were. NE plugged in matt cassel and it worked great. The jets couldn't even plug in a back up last year. 

I think tanking is dumb unless you are the worst team with 3-4 weeks left, then there's nothing you can do, but we don't need to tank on purpose, we've been tanking (while trying to win). 

1 hour ago, Scoop24 said:

It would but he already said he is graduating early and this will be his last year. There no Archie Manning’s in the Lawrence

But the prospect of being a Jet could tempt even a holly roller to bare false witness.  Going to the Jets almost guarantees you wont make it to the playoffs much less win a Super Bowl.

And let's be scientific about this.  It is not about bad luck or bad karma or because Namath sold his soul to the devil.  It is about inept ownership.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

They are keeping Gase around because they don’t even have to ask him to tank.

Pretty rare to get the #1 overall pick...a lot of suck has to go into that.  There’s no way you don’t take a QB at that point and reset your salarary at the position, unless you are confident in Darnold, but how could you be at that point? Unless Joe decides yto get a kings ransome for the pick he has no ties to Sam and might rather tie his legacy to Lawrence or Fields.

• Upvote 2

Part of the reason why the Jets get called out so much - it's this type of fan and the media. And we end up reading and watching all of the stuff the SOJF started. Sickening. The QB that we have is super talented, young, and has no weapons and a brand new offensive line. If you understand football you know that it will take time for the new receivers and linemen to gel. Ignoring a guy that went 7-6 while recovering from mono is ridiculous. The last thing we need is a new QB. 

• WTF? 1

5 minutes ago, Greensleeves said:

Part of the reason why the Jets get called out so much - it's this type of fan and the media. And we end up reading and watching all of the stuff the SOJF started. Sickening. The QB that we have is super talented, young, and has no weapons and a brand new offensive line. If you understand football you know that it will take time for the new receivers and linemen to gel. Ignoring a guy that went 7-6 while recovering from mono is ridiculous. The last thing we need is a new QB. 

Yeah it’s the fans’ fault the Jets are abysmal. If we were talking about the Chiefs, I’d join you in shouting down the negative nancies. But we are talking about realistic ralphs here. No one has to apologize for being right. Facts>feelings.

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Ecuadorian Jet said:

barack obama applause GIF by Obama

6 hours ago, johnnyjet said:

Let’s not mess this up. .

I can’t go there yet. I just can’t. The last few years have been so bad, I can’t root for losses....yet. 

We’re going to pick in the Top 10 again but I am really hoping a light switch turns on for Sam and he takes off even if our record doesn’t reflect it. I hope he’s the star we’ve been waiting for.

But if we are sitting here at 2–10 then I’m all in on Trevor. Plus that also means Gase is gone too (it better mean that).

Been mentioned a few times already but don’t be surprised if Fields overtakes Lawrence now that the B1G is playing this year.

NFL is a copycat league and with all of the true dual threat guys having tons of success right now, I think Fields is gona get a lot of attention.

Also think Lawrence is a bit overrated, off the charts physical tools but has struggled against some better competition, specifically LSU this past year.