Tank for Trevor

johnnyjet

5 hours ago, bealeb319 said:

Wouldn't you people rather the players we already drafted just pan out instead of us sucking to get the next guy as if it will somehow make us a winning team. If we got this kid we would just have threads about sucking for the next guy a year or two later.

Of course we'd prefer the players we draft to pan out.  They just don't.  Especially not the Macc picks.  

It's as if people think that if you root hard enough, Darnold will become a good QB.

• Upvote 2

On 9/16/2020 at 2:48 PM, jgb said:

Nothing is guaranteed but Lawrence is as can't miss as you can get when it comes to drafting a QB.  Agree it'll take multiple 1's to move up. If top pick doesn't want a QB, it will be a bidding war.

Bengals get the pick they'll trade down within the top 3. (they will draft Sewel from Oregon i think). Leaves jags as the only really bad team with a reason to take Lawrence.  So very realistic its a bidding war at the top. 

For the record i dont think the jets and JD will take trevor if they have the top pick, i think he'll trade down for another haul.  But who knows. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Chrebetfan80 said:

Bengals get the pick they'll trade down within the top 3. (they will draft Sewel from Oregon i think). Leaves jags as the only really bad team with a reason to take Lawrence.  So very realistic its a bidding war at the top. 

For the record i dont think the jets and JD will take trevor if they have the top pick, i think he'll trade down for another haul.  But who knows. 

If Jags take Lawrence you trade for Minshew without blinking 

The ignorance of SOJF.  There is NOTHING that provides ANYBODY any evidence that Lawrence is as good or better than Darnold.  He is just the big name in college football today carrying the usual hype of big names.  While he does have talent, there are PLENTY of holes in his game that impact his potential at the NFL level, and some of those holes are bigger than Darnold.  

Giving up on Darnold for somebody nobody knows ANYTHING about or how he will do in the NFL after essentially one season is just beyond stupid.

No tank, no Trevor, and even if we struggle this year, Darnold has still shown PLENTY to be a franchise QB at just 23 yrs of age, and has proven enough that our focus would be to continue to build around him.  The OL was addressed in a major way this past off-season, continue to build the rest of the offense and fix the holes on defense with any draft capital.

That said, we have a full season to evaluate his progress and some of that is still TBD.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

On 9/16/2020 at 2:52 PM, Savage69 said:

But the Suck for Sam worked  out so well???

That was so three years ago.

Keep up, new QB to tank for only to want to dump after a bad opener in week 1

And for bonus points, joke how "Jets" it will be that he decides to stay at Clemson only to see he state its his last season, no matter what

1 hour ago, JetsRay said:

The ignorance of SOJF.  There is NOTHING that provides ANYBODY any evidence that Lawrence is as good or better than Darnold.  He is just the big name in college football today carrying the usual hype of big names.  While he does have talent, there are PLENTY of holes in his game that impact his potential at the NFL level, and some of those holes are bigger than Darnold.  

Giving up on Darnold for somebody nobody knows ANYTHING about or how he will do in the NFL after essentially one season is just beyond stupid.

No tank, no Trevor, and even if we struggle this year, Darnold has still shown PLENTY to be a franchise QB at just 23 yrs of age, and has proven enough that our focus would be to continue to build around him.  The OL was addressed in a major way this past off-season, continue to build the rest of the offense and fix the holes on defense with any draft capital.

That said, we have a full season to evaluate his progress and some of that is still TBD.

Takes courage but I’m willing to go out on a limb and say Lawrence is The One. Not without risk but fortune favors the bold. This is about as easy as a call as it gets for NFL GMs.

59 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

That was so three years ago.

Keep up, new QB to tank for only to want to dump after a bad opener in week 1

And for bonus points, joke how "Jets" it will be that he decides to stay at Clemson only to see he state its his last season, no matter what

Definitely huge risk he stays in school to avoid playing for Jets/in NY.

Marcus Maye's statline was better.  Would you trade two 1sts and a 3rd back to Seattle for 1 more solo tackle and 2 less Pass Deflections?
They played two different teams so statlines really don't mean much. Jamal adams was the life of seattle's defense week 1 and he is a better player than maye by a long shot (maye is a good player in his own right). Would I trade back? No. Do I believe Adams is on path to being a future hall of famer and is worth what seattle gave up for him? Yes.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

7 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:

They played two different teams so statlines really don't mean much. Jamal adams was the life of seattle's defense week 1 and he is a better player than maye by a long shot (maye is a good player in his own right). Would I trade back? No. Do I believe Adams is on path to being a future hall of famer and is worth what seattle gave up for him? Yes.

He was the "life" of a defense that gave up 450 passing yards.

• Haha 1

On 9/19/2020 at 6:30 PM, jgb said:

Yeah but he’s a country boy. He may well take his chances that a small market or southern team is that lousy team the next season.

Hes already said hes not going back to school, is going to the NFL after this season

When was the last time a top college player, a so called generational player, especially a QB said he was coming pout and then stayed to avoid a city?  When did Lawrence say he only wanted to play in a region or for a team?