Crowder On Injury Report

SR24

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

The Gase injury curse continues unabated.

You mean there always seems to be a lot more people that call in sick regularly when they have a sh*tty boss that nobody likes or respects ??? And people leave the company even if the money isn't better and people use the job as a stepping stone to a better company ???

I’m sick to my stomach. Another season over after game 1. Smart move making an assistant trainer head trainer - bet that was a Gase move. Gase felt comfortable with the trainer so he recommends to  Douglas keep it in house. These hamstring injuries are no coincidence. Bad trainer! 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, SR24 said:

How do you not make a trade for a WR at this point especially if Crowder misses time???

I would expect them to trade for someone, if Crowder misses significant time. 

The WR depth chart is comically bad.

You can't tell me you are trying to win any games with a 23 year old QB if your two best WRs are Perriman and Hogan. 

Just now, slimjasi said:

I would expect them to trade for someone, if Crowder misses significant time. 

The WR depth chart is comically bad.

You can't tell me you are trying to win any games with a 23 year old QB if your two best WRs are Perriman and Hogan. 

if actions speak louder than words, then it's reasonable to conclude that douglas is not very concerned about winning games.  i think we could be seeing an effective tank.  even if darnold improves throughout the season and truly looks like a franchise qb, the jets could STILL wind up with a top 3-5 pick with this roster.  

6 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

if actions speak louder than words, then it's reasonable to conclude that douglas is not very concerned about winning games.  i think we could be seeing an effective tank.  even if darnold improves throughout the season and truly looks like a franchise qb, the jets could STILL wind up with a top 3-5 pick with this roster.  

Part of me wonders if Joe D held out for that 6th year because he knew he was most likely tearing it all down, but wanted to give Gase and Darnold a year with the cheapest short term weapons he could find to really evaluate them. Kind of makes sense given the fact that half the teams on 1yr deals, except for the Oline.  If Joe D doesn't make a move to help Sam then it's sadly obvious Darnold isn't Joe D's guy.

1 minute ago, SR24 said:

Part of me wonders if Joe D held out for that 6th year because he knew he was most likely tearing it all down, but wanted to give Gase and Darnold a year with the cheapest short term weapons he could find to really evaluate them. Kind of makes sense given the fact that half the teams on 1yr deals, except for the Oline.  If Joe D doesn't make a move to help Sam then it's sadly obvious Darnold isn't Joe D's guy.

very true, and it also is consistent with how he approached the draft.  didn't rush to take wrs, only took 1 wr, no TE and 1 rb.  definitely a year to evaluate darnold whether he admits it or not.  douglas will get his chance to take a qb at some point and 2021 could be that year.

16 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

very true, and it also is consistent with how he approached the draft.  didn't rush to take wrs, only took 1 wr, no TE and 1 rb.  definitely a year to evaluate darnold whether he admits it or not.  douglas will get his chance to take a qb at some point and 2021 could be that year.

Yep I think we're onto something. We have 30+mil in cap space, multiple picks and a WR room that wouldn't even rank in the top 5 in the CFL. No way Joe D could watch that game and these practices and not make a move for a WR unless he already knows Sams not the guy. Time will tell

1 minute ago, SR24 said:

Yep I think we're onto something. We have 30+mil in cap space, multiple picks and a WR room that wouldn't even rank in the top 5 in the CFL. No way Joe D could watch that game and these practices and not make a move for a WR unless he already knows Sams not the guy. Time will tell

Oh I think he's known Sam is not the guy for some time now.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, SR24 said:

my suspicion is that douglas thinks that the OL will be improved enough over the course of the season to see how darnold plays regardless of the quality of his wrs.