Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
BornJetsFan1983

Frank Gore Prediction

Recommended Posts

11 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

He's part of the big problem. 

 

22 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

He really is not. Leveon Bell is the BIG problem at running back. Gore actually fights for yards. Gore actually stays out of the spotlight and seems to be a positive locker room influence. Gore acts like a professional. Gore has a contract that is affordable and short in duration.

I know you love to complain about everything when things are bad, but Gore is not the problem. Complaining about Gore is like being on the Titanic as it is going down, and complaining that the fish was a little dry at dinner.

PART of the problem is what I wrote.  

The NY Jets continually sign these players who have been off the grid for years or players that are near the end of their career and never get anything out of them. 

I don't love to complain about anything, the NY Jets organization makes it easy for me to bring out the faults. 

Notice the NY Giants are going to sign 28 year old Devonte Freeman not a 38 year old NFL dinosaur. 

Frank Gore's better days are behind him only reason he on this roster is because of his friendship with Adam Gase. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

 

PART of the problem is what I wrote.  

The NY Jets continually sign these players who have been off the grid for years or players that are near the end of their career and never get anything out of them. 

I don't love to complain about anything, the NY Jets organization makes it easy for me to bring out the faults. 

Notice the NY Giants are going to sign 28 year old Devonte Freeman not a 38 year old NFL dinosaur. 

Frank Gore's better days are behind him only reason he on this roster is because of his friendship with Adam Gase. 

 

Questions:

-What part of Frank Gores contract do you not like?

-When was Frank Gore "off the grid"? It was actually Devonte Freeman that was "off the grid". He was unemployed and no teams wanted him.

-Which RB has looked better for the Jets so far this year, Leveon Bell or Frank Gore?

Answer these questions honestly, and it will create a window as to how you are focusing on entirely the wrong problem.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just like last year when Bell went down, Gase went out of his way to prove a point, completely sacrificing the outcome of the game, to prove a point to a GM who he already got fired.  

21 carries at 3ypc for a HUGE long run of 13!!!!!!!! Yeah baby hit those holes and stop all that dancing!!!  At one point, Frank F'ing Gore, had more carries than your franchise QB had pass attempts vs. a depleted secondary with no pass rushers left available oh and you were playing catch up the whole game.

FFS - this guy is a total joke.  Egomaniac who cares more about proving points an being right then he does about anything else.  Smart guy in the room, always has to be right.  Nothing else matters.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

Questions:

-What part of Frank Gores contract do you not like?

-When was Frank Gore "off the grid"? It was actually Devonte Freeman that was "off the grid". He was unemployed and no teams wanted him.

-Which RB has looked better for the Jets so far this year, Leveon Bell or Frank Gore?

Answer these questions honestly, and it will create a window as to how you are focusing on entirely the wrong problem.

 

All of it bring in younger players. 

Bilal Powell would have been a better choice than Gore. 

Perine if healthy should be getting all the carries NOT Frank Gore. 

Gore wasn't off the grid he wasn't on anyones roster and probably no longer in the NFL if the NY Jets didn't sign him. 

The off the grid players examples Doctson,Kalil.Paul Worrell sp? 

You have your opinions and i have mine. 

Success in the NFL is measured by Super Bowl trophies, let me dust ours off..51 years and counting. 

Not looking for an argument with you, have a nice day.  :cheers: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

 

PART of the problem is what I wrote.  

The NY Jets continually sign these players who have been off the grid for years or players that are near the end of their career and never get anything out of them. 

I don't love to complain about anything, the NY Jets organization makes it easy for me to bring out the faults. 

Notice the NY Giants are going to sign 28 year old Devonte Freeman not a 38 year old NFL dinosaur. 

Frank Gore's better days are behind him only reason he on this roster is because of his friendship with Adam Gase. 

 

Freeman’s best days aren’t behind him?

Look, as comical as it is on its face to sign such an old RB, it’s perfectly obvious why they did it: to have an experienced backup who could also be a locker room presence. They’d already drafted Perine before signing Gore. One of them could give Bell a breather here & there, or if Bell was so awful again (or got injured) then they wouldn’t be relying upon a rookie RB to pick up every blitz on passing plays. 

Since Freeman was unsigned, it’s possible he was just holding out to wait for someone’s starter to get injured so he wouldn’t have to spend the year as a backup. He’s young enough to get another short contract in the $5-8MM/year range if things go just right, and he may be on that path.

Back in May, what incentive would Freeman have for signing to play behind Leveon Bell for the veteran minimum? In his eyes (if not most/all of the league’s) Bell was the best RB in football until he came to the Jets, and though rested & healthy he sucks. Why would Freeman try to resurrect his career as Bell’s backup (so soon after the Jets just drafted another RB as well, which might even relegate Freeman to 3rd string)?

He was far better off staying in shape & waiting for a starting opportunity, gambling that it happens for someone early, and his wish came true. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Freeman’s best days aren’t behind him?

Look, as comical as it is on its face to sign such an old RB, it’s perfectly obvious why they did it: to have an experienced backup who could also be a locker room presence. They’d already drafted Perine before signing Gore. One of them could give Bell a breather here & there, or if Bell was so awful again (or got injured) then they wouldn’t be relying upon a rookie RB to pick up every blitz on passing plays. 

Since Freeman was unsigned, it’s possible he was just holding out to wait for someone’s starter to get injured so he wouldn’t have to spend the year as a backup. He’s young enough to get another short contract in the $5-8MM/year range if things go just right, and he may be on that path.

Back in May, what incentive would Freeman have for signing to play behind Leveon Bell for the veteran minimum? In his eyes (if not most/all of the league’s) Bell was the best RB in football until he came to the Jets, and though rested & healthy he sucks. Why would Freeman try to resurrect his career as Bell’s backup (so soon after the Jets just drafted another RB as well, which might even relegate Freeman to 3rd string)?

He was far better off staying in shape & waiting for a starting opportunity, gambling that it happens for someone early, and his wish came true. 

Have you seen the some what success around the league with rookie RB's thats what needs to happen here. 

Bell injured  Gore older than dirt Josh Adams C'MON MAN can't get us 1 year when needed. 

Feed Perine all game if healthy, sign younger players who at least have a chance of turning into something here. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Have you seen the some what success around the league with rookie RB's thats what needs to happen here. 

Bell injured  Gore older than dirt Josh Adams C'MON MAN can't get us 1 year when needed. 

Feed Perine all game if healthy, sign younger players who at least have a chance of turning into something here. 

OK, and then after Darnold gets concussed when Perine doesn’t pick up any number of blitzes, then you’d whine that we should have had a more experienced veteran to trot out there for passing downs.

Plus you’re contradicting yourself without realizing it. If you’re looking for a “1 year” solution as a backup what makes Josh Adams superior other than age? No one else wanted to sign Adams before we inked him to our practice squad. This team saw him up close last year before deciding to draft Perine. 

Just because the team drafts a RB doesn’t automatically mean he’ll be much of anything (particularly as a rookie). Gore was signed to be a backup, not a starter, and his contract is for the veteran minimum. 

RB is a young man’s position and Gore is not a young man. But he was just signed to be a backup and is still better than Josh Adams. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

It appears the Giants have their Saquon Barkley replacement.

The team is expected to sign former Falcons running back Devonta Freeman, according to NFL Network, if all goes well with his COVID-19 testing. Freeman, 28, spent six seasons with Atlanta, earning Pro Bowl honors in 2015 and ’16.

Meanwhile the NY Jets signed 37 year old Frank Gore. 

Well, I guess we don't  want Vets even when they can be had cheaply. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

OK, and then after Darnold gets concussed when Perine doesn’t pick up any number of blitzes, then you’d whine that we should have had a more experienced veteran to trot out there for passing downs.

Plus you’re contradicting yourself without realizing it. If you’re looking for a “1 year” solution as a backup what makes Josh Adams superior other than age? No one else wanted to sign Adams before we inked him to our practice squad. This team saw him up close last year before deciding to draft Perine. 

Just because the team drafts a RB doesn’t automatically mean he’ll be much of anything (particularly as a rookie). Gore was signed to be a backup, not a starter, and his contract is for the veteran minimum. 

RB is a young man’s position and Gore is not a young man. But he was just signed to be a backup and is still better than Josh Adams. 

Ok Sam Darnold needs to learn how to scramble,step up in the pocket, roll out,run when he has to, and make better decisions.

Im tired of 1 year patches not "solutions". 

There were better options available than Gore and younger options. 

Yes he is better than Josh Adams. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Ok Sam Darnold needs to learn how to scramble,step up in the pocket, roll out,run when he has to, and make better decisions.

Im tired of 1 year patches not "solutions". 

There were better options available than Gore and younger options. 

Yes he is better than Josh Adams. 

Yeah there's a long line of people who want to be the Jets backup RB before or after a draft where they're taking (or took) a RB, behind a line that many feel ruined the game's best RB.

RB 2/3 on the Jets is totes like the most coveted job in the NFL. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  



Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...