Baldy on Marcus

Jetstream

Maye was very good that last game, but when you are put in the position adams was you are going to get the chances to look good.  If Maye can hold up body wise to the tough tackling inside he will be as good as adams was because I feel he is a better pass defender.

I always thought he was a bit of a meh player as a FS but he was great last game.

• Upvote 2

26 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Maye was very good that last game, but when you are put in the position adams was you are going to get the chances to look good.  If Maye can hold up body wise to the tough tackling inside he will be as good as adams was because I feel he is a better pass defender.

I always thought he was a bit of a meh player as a FS but he was great last game.

Health is the key thing with him (and everyone right now quite frankly).  Given time to develop, I think having Marcus Maye at SS and Ashtyn Davis at FS could be a lethal combination.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, jetstream23 said:

Health is the key thing with him (and everyone right now quite frankly).  Given time to develop, I think having Marcus Maye at SS and Ashtyn Davis at FS could be a lethal combination.

Yeah Josh Allen was lucky to get out of that game alive ? 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

In addition to passing on Watson/Mahomes and then Cook (and other uber talent at crucial positions that were available) the back to back Safety picks was super confusing because Maye, like Adams, plays downhill.  They're both outstanding with playing anything that is front of them, not so much once they have to start covering/chasing.  That said, Maye looks like he might do a better job of the covering/chasing part.  Such a cluster **** of a draft.  Mac should be in prison for what he did this to team.

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, JiF said:

In addition to passing on Watson/Mahomes and then Cook (and other uber talent at crucial positions that were available) the back to back Safety picks was super confusing because Maye, like Adams, plays downhill.  They're both outstanding with playing anything that is front of them, not so much once they have to start covering/chasing.  That said, Maye looks like he might do a better job of the covering/chasing part.  Such a cluster **** of a draft.  Mac should be in prison for what he did this to team.

It's typical Jets to hit on two great/very good players with their 1st/2nd round picks and yet still have those picks deemed (correctly) a "cluster****"

• Upvote 1

Geesh we can't change the past, so looking at it today... i think his coverage skill are better than Jamals...will see how he does as teams prep for him this role and yes health is always an issue for him...lets hope he shakes that.  He missed it but i think he had a 3rd sack staring him in the face but allen got out of it...