Draft Capital invested in QB position since 2009

2 hours ago, bitonti said:

Every time I look at darnold I see Quenton Nelson and 3 2nd Rd picks

Sent from my Pixel 2 using JetNation.com mobile app

Well, because we are the Jets, this reduces to just Nelson

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, johnnysd said:

Who cares? And if need be you invest more till you have the guy. I still believe in Sam but he does need to step up. QB is literally and in the literal meaning of literally 5 times more valuable than any other position

Parks And Recreation GIF

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, bitonti said:

still. how much better would this team be with Bridgewater at QB, Nelson at LG and somehow Becton at LT next to him

i know we're hoping through different timelines here quantum leap style but they invested so much into Sam, he should be saving everyone's bacon, including incompetent Adam Gase. 

Yeah, it's hard to say. I think Bridgewater is a tad bit overrated on here - I think he's solid but I just think he's a bit limited, physically. I'm not sure if we would have had an appreciably better record last year with Bridgewater and Nelson - maybe we are 8-8? 

Yeah, and then, as you point out, with the quantum leap in timelines/universes, who knows about anything else. 

41 minutes ago, bitonti said:

i know we're hoping through different timelines here quantum leap style but they invested so much into Sam, he should be saving everyone's bacon, including incompetent Adam Gase. 

I think you nailed the issue, right here. 

I have posted this a few times already, but I think it bears repeating - Sam probably isn't ever going to be a guy who is good enough to "save" the rest of the team. He's not Mahomes, he's not Wilson, etc. I think he has enough talent to win with, but I think he's a guy who needs a really good roster around him. So, I think the problem with that trade is, when you give up that sort of draft capital to move up three spots, you are hoping for a true franchise-changer and we probably didn't get that. 

If he fails here, I have little doubt that he will get another opportunity down the road with a better franchise (and much better roster) as a backup and play well when given the chance (Another Tannehill scenario). I'm equally confident that he's never going to be an MVP candidate. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, bitonti said:

we do agree however, in 5 years, Sam might be Rich Gannon 

I can feel the pain from this happening, already. 

And it will be with a team most of us hate.  

Sign in to follow this  

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company