Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
AFJF

Orlovsky talks Darnold...Good interview

Recommended Posts

Agreed, good interview.  His point that the Jets/Gase doesn't attack a

specific player on defense is interesting.  I'll be looking for that on Sunday

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What’s weird about guys like Orlovsky is that they say things well and they seem so good, and then they are constantly wrong.

  • Post of the Week 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Sammybighead said:

Can we hire orlovsky as next HC?

Would very much enjoy Orlovsky explaining why Sam throwing two picks and completing 52% of his passes every week is actually awesome to the trained eye of a master but those nuances may elude the simplistic view of the unwashed fan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Would very much enjoy Orlovsky explaining why Sam throwing two picks and completing 52% of his passes every week is actually awesome to the trained eye of a master but those nuances may elude the simplistic view of the unwashed fan

The unwashed fan would never understand...:mrgreen:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, bitonti said:

"Magically sloppy" sounds like the name of the cheapest strip club in Atlantic City 

Where the bar is the stage and the stage is the bar.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Would very much enjoy Orlovsky explaining why Sam throwing two picks and completing 52% of his passes every week is actually awesome to the trained eye of a master but those nuances may elude the simplistic view of the unwashed fan

Since week 9 of the 2018 season Darnold has had 2 games with more than 1 INT and 5 games under 60% completion 

  • Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Where the bar is the stage and the stage is the bar.

BYOB 

you haven't lived until you walk into a strippie carrying a 30 rack of busch bar bottles 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Jets need a QB coach that isn't Dowell Loggains.  Gase is the HC and while I know he was hired to be that offensive mind he can't be expected to run the team and coach Darnold up.  I think what I gathered from this is that regardless of the talent around him on the roster he's not being coached up enough.  Maybe Flacco can be that guy? Idk but the Jets coaching staff have failed him

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At this point, everything out there on both Darnold and Gase boils down to sound and fury, signifying absolutely f'ing nothing.  So much talk, so little performance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, drsamuel84 said:

The Jets need a QB coach that isn't Dowell Loggains.  

Ok so on Wikipedia someone made Loggains entry "a player" entry and listed his Height and Weight

my question to the board is, Am I going to hell for thinking this is hilarious? or was my ticket already punched 

 

 

Capture.PNG

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Be prepared to run trevor lawrecen out of two three years from now because he can't grasp the great adam gase offense.

Yer one with just as awful talent round him darnold progressed and looked like he was becoming something then gase showed up.

The only QB that has ever looked at all good under gase was a guy who essentially ran every thing himself.

Gase stinks and just like our last two coaches it will take the owner at least two full years more to realize he does stink.

  • Upvote 1
  • Sad 1
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, KRL said:

Agreed, good interview.  His point that the Jets/Gase doesn't attack a

specific player on defense is interesting.  I'll be looking for that on Sunday

Gase is not a strategist or a tactician.  He has a pre-made shoe box offense.  

Let me expand on that.

Rather than look at all of his talent and design an offense based on the strengths of his players, he ports his offense in a shoe box from place to place and tries to make the world bend to his vapid will.

To sum up the offense that Gase has in his shoe box...

1. Static Pocket that utilizes zone blocking.

2. Several variations of four basic pass routs.  All depending on absolute precision from both the QB and the WR. Perfectly run pass routs and perfect timing and ball placement by the QB.

3. Mostly inside power running depending largely on the inside offensive lineman blasting a quick hole.  Very little motion or misdirection. 

It works good when your QB is Peyton Manning and you have a pro bowl offensive line and top NFL receivers that can work inside and out...

It does not work for all rosters and all occasions. Obviously.  To make that even more simple to understand, Gase can win if he has a HOF QB and a roster that tops the league.  Past that, he cant do a thing.

Gase is a clueless fool. 

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Ok so on Wikipedia someone made Loggains entry "a player" entry and listed his Height and Weight

my question to the board is, Am I going to hell for thinking this is hilarious? or was my ticket already punched 

 

 

Capture.PNG

😁 Every time I see Loggains, it reminds me of Rick Morannis as "Dark Helmet" in Space Balls. What's even scarier is reading the resume' of his coaching careeer, specifically" was an advocate of drafting Johnny Manziel." Check Please. Is Gase really gonna die on the Loggains hill?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

Gase is not a strategist or a tactician.  He has a pre-made shoe box offense.  

Let me expand on that.

Rather than look at all of his talent and design an offense based on the strengths of his players, he ports his offense in a shoe box from place to place and tries to make the world bend to his vapid will.

To sum up the offense that Gase has in his shoe box...

1. Static Pocket that utilizes zone blocking.

2. Several variations of four basic pass routs.  All depending on absolute precision from both the QB and the WR. Perfectly run pass routs and perfect timing and ball placement by the QB.

3. Mostly inside power running depending largely on the inside offensive lineman blasting a quick hole.  Very little motion or misdirection. 

It works good when your QB is Peyton Manning and you have a pro bowl offensive line and top NFL receivers that can work inside and out...

It does not work for all rosters and all occasions. Obviously.  To make that even more simple to understand, Gase can win if he has a HOF QB and a roster that tops the league.  Past that, he cant do a thing.

Gase is a clueless fool. 

Ding ding ding 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, section314 said:

😁 Every time I see Loggains, it reminds me of Rick Morannis as "Dark Helmet" in Space Balls. What's even scarier is reading the resume' of his coaching careeer, specifically" was an advocate of drafting Johnny Manziel." Check Please. Is Gase really gonna die on the Loggains hill?

mel brooks comedy GIF

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

Gase is not a strategist or a tactician.  He has a pre-made shoe box offense.  

Let me expand on that.

Rather than look at all of his talent and design an offense based on the strengths of his players, he ports his offense in a shoe box from place to place and tries to make the world bend to his vapid will.

To sum up the offense that Gase has in his shoe box...

1. Static Pocket that utilizes zone blocking.

2. Several variations of four basic pass routs.  All depending on absolute precision from both the QB and the WR. Perfectly run pass routs and perfect timing and ball placement by the QB.

3. Mostly inside power running depending largely on the inside offensive lineman blasting a quick hole.  Very little motion or misdirection. 

It works good when your QB is Peyton Manning and you have a pro bowl offensive line and top NFL receivers that can work inside and out...

It does not work for all rosters and all occasions. Obviously.  To make that even more simple to understand, Gase can win if he has a HOF QB and a roster that tops the league.  Past that, he cant do a thing.

Gase is a clueless fool. 

I want to add to my own post.  If Becton is  your left tackle and you are not running around him as often as Gibbs ran around Joe Jacoby, you know your OC is a moron. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

Gase is not a strategist or a tactician.  He has a pre-made shoe box offense.  

Let me expand on that.

Rather than look at all of his talent and design an offense based on the strengths of his players, he ports his offense in a shoe box from place to place and tries to make the world bend to his vapid will.

To sum up the offense that Gase has in his shoe box...

1. Static Pocket that utilizes zone blocking.

2. Several variations of four basic pass routs.  All depending on absolute precision from both the QB and the WR. Perfectly run pass routs and perfect timing and ball placement by the QB.

3. Mostly inside power running depending largely on the inside offensive lineman blasting a quick hole.  Very little motion or misdirection. 

It works good when your QB is Peyton Manning and you have a pro bowl offensive line and top NFL receivers that can work inside and out...

It does not work for all rosters and all occasions. Obviously.  To make that even more simple to understand, Gase can win if he has a HOF QB and a roster that tops the league.  Past that, he cant do a thing.

Gase is a clueless fool. 

Boom.  He's running an offense catered to one of the greatest of all time who had an absolutely loaded offense that could routinely go out and beat there man 1 on 1.  He's trying to run that same sh*tty offense with Chris Hogan and Breshard Perriman and a sh*tty OL and no run game.

Gase is a ******* moron.  Flat out.  Unreal he's a HC in this league, unreal. 

  • Upvote 3
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JiF said:

- If Sam were playing for an Andy Reid or a John Harbaugh or similar type of coach, I have zero doubt in my mind Sam would be realizing his full potential.  I'm not saying he's Mahomes or Jackson but bet your bottom dollar, he's a very good player and so is the team.

 

yeah ok but shouldn't a guy they pick at 3 overall, and trade all these picks for, be better than Mahomes or Jackson? Guys they passed over? 

the bar for Darnold gets lower and lower

"very good player"

the dude wears the C patch and can't set his feet 

How about this spicy take for as bad as Gase is, for as bad as this roster is, it's actually Darnold's endless development holding the team back at this point 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, JiF said:

Look, he's not wrong and he's not right.  Here's the reality and I know it's just much easier to point the finger and place all the blame on one person:

- Sam might just be a bust, there is just a much evidence to say he is (maybe even more), than to say he's not.

- Sam has been handled potentially as bad as I've ever seen a young QB handled in the NFL.  It's an embarrassment.

- The offense, is terrible both from a strategy and execution perspective.  Nothing Gase does, makes any sense.  Dan is right, Gase doesnt have a plan, ever.  And we've literally seen him say this, "I try not to think" when it comes to what he's calling next.  The guy has zero feel for the game and really doesnt know how to adjust in game to what the defense is doing. He's the ultimate, scream at the scoreboard and execute better type of coach.  Very little self accountability.    If your coach has zero in game awareness, how is the  young QB supposed to? 

- The talent, is terrible.  Legit, the worst accumulation of talent in the league, 3 years running and this year, might be the worst?  Like, how is that possible?   Every single person in the Jets organization should be bitch slapped for what they've done to help surround Sam with talent and yes, that 100% includes Joe Douglas.  

- If Sam were playing for an Andy Reid or a John Harbaugh or similar type of coach, I have zero doubt in my mind Sam would be realizing his full potential.  I'm not saying he's Mahomes or Jackson but bet your bottom dollar, he's a very good player and so is the team.

- The Jets are a joke or an organization, top to bottom.  They will never be a sustained winner, ever.  So, we can bitch and moan about Sam Darnold all want but news flash, it aint getting better any time soon and the next QB they draft, they'll ruin just like they always do.  It's kind of our thing.  At this point, the only reason I watch is to see if they're even capable of not being the Jets for one Sunday.

 

 

"Please sir, may I have another?"  The truth hurts.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, JiF said:

Boom.  He's running an offense catered to one of the greatest of all time who had an absolutely loaded offense that could routinely go out and beat there man 1 on 1.  He's trying to run that same sh*tty offense with Chris Hogan and Breshard Perriman and a sh*tty OL and no run game.

Gase is a ******* moron.  Flat out.  Unreal he's a HC in this league, unreal. 

Not much diffferent than what Bowles did with his defense, he knew one scheme and forced players into it.  This is the difference between truly good coaches and functional coordinators.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, JiF said:

Look, he's not wrong and he's not right.  Here's the reality and I know it's just much easier to point the finger and place all the blame on one person:

- Sam might just be a bust, there is just a much evidence to say he is (maybe even more), than to say he's not.

- Sam has been handled potentially as bad as I've ever seen a young QB handled in the NFL.  It's an embarrassment.

- The offense, is terrible both from a strategy and execution perspective.  Nothing Gase does, makes any sense.  Dan is right, Gase doesnt have a plan, ever.  And we've literally seen him say this, "I try not to think" when it comes to what he's calling next.  The guy has zero feel for the game and really doesnt know how to adjust in game to what the defense is doing. He's the ultimate, scream at the scoreboard and execute better type of coach.  Very little self accountability.    If your coach has zero in game awareness, how is the  young QB supposed to? 

- The talent, is terrible.  Legit, the worst accumulation of talent in the league, 3 years running and this year, might be the worst?  Like, how is that possible?   Every single person in the Jets organization should be bitch slapped for what they've done to help surround Sam with talent and yes, that 100% includes Joe Douglas.  

- If Sam were playing for an Andy Reid or a John Harbaugh or similar type of coach, I have zero doubt in my mind Sam would be realizing his full potential.  I'm not saying he's Mahomes or Jackson but bet your bottom dollar, he's a very good player and so is the team.

- The Jets are a joke or an organization, top to bottom.  They will never be a sustained winner, ever.  So, we can bitch and moan about Sam Darnold all want but news flash, it aint getting better any time soon and the next QB they draft, they'll ruin just like they always do.  It's kind of our thing.  At this point, the only reason I watch is to see if they're even capable of not being the Jets for one Sunday.

 

 

What is the evidence that he's a bust? The fact that he improved in every statistical category from year 1 to year 2 despite mono and an 0-16 roster? The fact that he's battled the worst situation in the NFL to piece together long stretches of elite level play in both of his first two years? If you think a bad week 1 game against the #1 defense in the NFL means anything... I can't help you. Let's see what the rest of the NFL does against that Buffalo D before we crucify the kid for not carrying his team to victory of playoff favorite right off the gate. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, GreekJet said:

Orvolsky reminds me of Trent Dilfer talking up Sanchez. 

Fake thing never happened. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, bitonti said:

yeah ok but shouldn't a guy they pick at 3 overall, and trade all these picks for, be better than Mahomes or Jackson? Guys they passed over? 

the bar for Darnold gets lower and lower

"very good player"

the dude wears the C patch and can't set his feet 

How about this spicy take for as bad as Gase is, for as bad as this roster is, it's actually Darnold's endless development holding the team back at this point 

 

 

 

Which bad play from Sunday do you think was caused by his feet not being set? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Y3k said:

What is the evidence that he's a bust? The fact that he improved in every statistical category from year 1 to year 2 

ok what happened between year 2 and  year 3 tho? 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, JiF said:

Boom.  He's running an offense catered to one of the greatest of all time who had an absolutely loaded offense that could routinely go out and beat there man 1 on 1.  He's trying to run that same sh*tty offense with Chris Hogan and Breshard Perriman and a sh*tty OL and no run game.

Gase is a ******* moron.  Flat out.  Unreal he's a HC in this league, unreal. 

The same offense that was completely figured out and exposed 2 years later. Yea, Manning had declined physically a bit bit not to the point of suddenly becoming the most anemic offense in the NFL. 

Do NOT forget how this offense looked with Trevor Simien for 2 quarters... it was literally so bad that LUKE FALK looked better when he came in the game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, bitonti said:

ok what happened between year 2 and  year 3 tho? 

 

 

Year 3 hasn't occurred. He played 1 game against the #1 passing defense in the NFL that will shred every QB that plays in Buffalo this year. Buffalo are better than last year and look at what they did to QBs last year. I made an entire thread posting positives from the game as well, it's not my fault that you can't get passed my silly observation that he got taller. That's your issue. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  



Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...