Jetster

You can't fix 10 bad years in 1 year

1 hour ago, Jetster said:

Based on 1 game?

No, in general.  My post was not specific to a GM or moment, it was a general observation of the past decade or so.

Becton is already a huge improvement. Chosen as rookie of the week vs a top 3 defense.

And the rest of the O-line, admittedly through one game only, has played worse.

We haven’t seen 4 draft picks due to injury.

Which means they're not improving our team at current.

Davis looks like he can play.

You base that on.....what, exactly?  His hurdle-near-fumble?

You can’t put anything in the past on JD, even Adams (he didn’t pick him & he wanted out). 

Yes, we can.  If you choose to accept a job here, you also choose to accept the history of here, and (as GM) your job is to overcome that history and make improvements.  He did not make those old choices, but it IS his job to move forward after them and to fix them now.  It's HIS team now.

I was (and am) supporting of JD's moves so far, but the result on the field (on on the IR) has not been good as yet.  Early still, we'll see.

You guys can’t blame him for the sins of others & you can’t judge anything he’s done until the end of this season. 

As noted above, it's his team now, and he is responsible for it.  "It was the last guys fault" is not a valid excuse for an NFL GM a year later.

And yes, we can (and will) judge every week.  There is no "must wait till end of year" requirement on evaluation, on the contrary, evaluation should always be constant and ongoing.

Even his mistakes like Khalil were 1 year no impact on the cap deals. 

That decision certainly had impact on the field and on wins and losses.  

1 hour ago, The Crusher said:

Exactly, if they only suck less it would be a start. 

Dude, you gotta stop changing avatars every day.  I keep not knowing it's you replying, lol!

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company