9 former Jets (or guys who played for Jets) Up for HoF - Who do you vote for?

Sarge4Tide

HoF?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these 9 Hall of Fame 2021 nominees who played at least 1 game for the Jets deserves to get in?

• John Abraham, LB/DL
    • James Hasty, DB
    • D'Brickashaw Ferguson, OL
    • Alan Faneca, OL
    • Nick Lowery, PK
    • Lorenzo Neal, FB
    • Matt Turk, P
    • Derrick Mason, WR
    • Josh Cribbs, RB/KR
    • None, Nada, Nope, Zero

In his entire career, Brick was not on the field with the Jets Offense for only ONE play. Not one game. One PLAY. And it was a last ditch final play of a game against the Colts which put as many skill players on the field at once. That is 160 regular season plus 7 playoff games over 10 years and he was on the field with the Offense for every single freaking play except one.

I will forever be blown away by that fact.

• Upvote 3

Brick was far better than Faneca when they were both Jets. Faneca got a few of those all-pros on reputation. Brick was legit the best LT tackle in the league for a period, went through his own Revis-like spell of shutting down elite pass rushers. Didn't sustain it long enough for the HOF though.

Abraham could have made it had he stayed healthy and not been a bitch,

• Upvote 2

Faneca is not what I think of as a "Jet" tbqh.

Disappointed Mangold wasn't in the list too. I think he was HOF-level good and cannot be convinced otherwise.

Brick and Mangold + Revis, only real "Jets" of recent decades worthy of a look at the Hall IMO.  Only Revis will get in.

Anyone else is the old "Jets sign worn out future HOF'er desperate for one last low-effort cash grab" or "Jets trade away future HOF'er too early and their great era is with someone else" style players, famous for their time with other teams, not us.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, section314 said:

Faneca would be the only one who should even sniff the Hall.

I agree with Faneca and the sniff. D'brick and Mangold we're really solid players for this team for a long time but I don't know if they're HOF. They definitely deserve to be honored somehow by the Jets.

John Abraham is a punk b**** who left me with a bad taste in my mouth by how he went out.

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Faneca is not what I think of as a "Jet" tbqh.

Disappointed Mangold wasn't in the list too. I think he was HOF-level good and cannot be convinced otherwise.

Brick and Mangold + Revis, only real "Jets" of recent decades worthy of a look at the Hall IMO.  Only Revis will get in.

Anyone else is the old "Jets sign worn out future HOF'er desperate for one last low-effort cash grab" or "Jets trade away future HOF'er too early and their great era is with someone else" style players, famous for their time with other teams, not us.

Mangold isn't eligible yet I don't think.

I don't think he'll make it but he definitely deserves it. If he was drafted by the Pats or Colts he walks in on the first ballot. Didn't get a lot of recognition for how good he was, especially early on his career.

1 minute ago, Irish Jet said:

Mangold isn't eligible yet I don't think.

I don't think he'll make it but he definitely deserves it. If he was drafted by the Pats or Colts he walks in on the first ballot. Didn't get a lot of recognition for how good he was, especially early on his career.

Oh derp, it's about when they finish, not when they start (my brain was thinking they were drafted in the same draft, was isn't her on the list, lol).