Damien Woody on Gase

AFJF

46 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

Rex didnt have any push in getting Tanny fired.  Woody wanted a head and he chopped off Tanny's.  If Woody wanted to keep Rex he should have kept him coupled with Tanny until he wanted both of them gone.  That was all Woody's mess.  And then Idzik sabotaged Rex... An even bigger mess.  

Um, incorrect, but not worth arguing over.

25 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

I hate to say it, but Sam has a lot of Ryan Fitzpatrick in him.

When he's "on", he looks like he can be an elite QB but when he's "off" boy oh boy is it bad (and then he presses even more to compound his mistakes).

Like Fitz - there's just enough of the "on" games to make you think there is hope, but when all is said and done, there are just way to many "off" games.

I normally agree with a lot of your posts, but IMO this one is way off. Ability-wise, if you watched both throw side by side, they are night and day arm strength and accuracy wise.

As to the Off and On thing,  Sam is rarely "off" in his bad games. In those games he mostly never has a chance to show if he is "off" or "on" because his O line is bad, his playmakers are meh and the guy calling the plays is allergic to calling anything that plays to Sam's strengths. Fitz's "off" and "ons" are rarely related to his performance level waxing and waning.  Fitz is a "chucker". Some games he's luckier ("on") than others ("off"). Even on his "on" days, no football scout watches Fitz and thinks that guy is an elite QB.

19 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Um, incorrect, but not worth arguing over.

Let's argue... Idzik boasted about his plans empty the cupboard regardless of how many games they would lose.  He had no intention of helping Rex and every intention of getting rid of him the following year.  

You can blame Gase all day, but Sam is eventually reponsible for his performance on game day.  If he still has issues with things like footwork and not seeing open receivers, he is getting to the point where he needs to get these issues fixed.  He has been playing football pretty much his entire life. It is not rocket science.  The constant apologizing after every game is getting old.  Very Sanchez like.

3 minutes ago, NamathToCaster said:

You can blame Gase all day, but Sam is eventually reponsible for his performance on game day.  If he still has issues with things like footwork and not seeing open receivers, he is getting to the point where he needs to get these issues fixed.  He has been playing football pretty much his entire life. It is not rocket science.  The constant apologizing after every game is getting old.  Very Sanchez like.

Coaches fix what isn't broken in this league.  F*** footwork if a guy is successful in college playing a certain way let him play that way, make your offense around they player.  The things I saw in college that made me really  like Darnold he simply  hardly ever does in the pros.

The play design is crappy  the receivers stink they have no running game and the oline has been brutal the last few years,

I'd love to see lamar jackson on this team and gase make him into a drop back passer ala flacco.

He was looking good towards the end of he rookies season under bates, he stinks under gase.

1 hour ago, THE BARON said:

Let's argue... Idzik boasted about his plans empty the cupboard regardless of how many games they would lose.  He had no intention of helping Rex and every intention of getting rid of him the following year.  

That’s not relevant to your earlier point that Rex had no influence in Tanny being fired. Argument over.

3 hours ago, jeremy2020 said:

Hey, I'm having this argument over on another forums. These idiots just don't get Gase's greatness. Help me out and let's make a list of all the year's Gase had a top offense and all the QBs he's taken to the top of the league. This is what I've got so far:

Peyton Manning

If not for Peyton Manning, Gase would be out of the league.

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, Jetster said:

Just shut the hell up! Look at the team that was around Sanchez in 2010. Oline- Dbrick-Slauson- Mangold- Moore- Woody. Even Woody knows you can't win without players! Sam supposedly worked with Palmer all offseason, maybe he's the damn problem? Sam couldn't hit the side of a barn last week! High School sh*t! 

LT- Tony Rich- Greene

WRS & TE- Braylon Edwards/ Santonio Holmes/Jericho Cotchery- Dustin Keller

Interesting point about Darnold working with Jordan Palmer. Maybe Palmer isn’t quite the Qi coach he’s made himself out to be.  Another point is manes has is saying woody is one of the game analysts.  Well he may be but the nfl isn’t rocket science.

• Upvote 1

There's really no sugarcoating it.  Gase thus far has been an abomination and has taken the Jets from the dregs of the league under Bowles, to the outright worst offensive team in the NFL.  @T0mShane and his other sycophants ramblings do not change the reality of what Gase has "accomplished".  The Jets offense are a complete dumpster fire under his watch.

Shame on those who dare have the audacity to mention Adam in the same breath as Rex Ryan.

10 hours ago, Pac said:

There's really no sugarcoating it.  Gase thus far has been an abomination and has taken the Jets from the dregs of the league under Bowles, to the outright worst offensive team in the NFL.  @T0mShane and his other sycophants ramblings do not change the reality of what Gase has "accomplished".  The Jets offense are a complete dumpster fire under his watch.

Shame on those who dare have the audacity to mention Adam in the same breath as Rex Ryan.

The gall of this jagaloon

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Animated GIF

Hahaha.  Ironic.  It was also Rex that inadvertently got both he and Tanny fired by influencing him to make very bad FA and draft decisions, IE the Terminator and a dozen others.  I do think Rex was a good in-game coach and a good motivator, but he should never have been paired with a weak willed GM like Tanny.  Tanny was just supposed to be the capologist and contract guy to begin with.  When Mangini worked with Tanny, all the good player and draft decisions came from Mangini and not Tanny.  Tanny just handled contract language. 

And who do i blame ??? WOODY.  He should have realized that Rex had to be controlled by a strong GM.  They could have kept Tanny as the contract and cap guy that worked under a "director of draft and personnel" who kept bot of them from destroying the roster.   But NOOOOO.  Woody cant seem to get his head out from up his sublimely, ignorant and privileged ass.

1 hour ago, THE BARON said:

Hahaha.  Ironic.  It was also Rex that inadvertently got both he and Tanny fired by influencing him to make very bad FA and draft decisions, IE the Terminator and a dozen others.  I do think Rex was a good in-game coach and a good motivator, but he should never have been paired with a weak willed GM like Tanny.  Tanny was just supposed to be the capologist and contract guy to begin with.  When Mangini worked with Tanny, all the good player and draft decisions came from Mangini and not Tanny.  Tanny just handled contract language. 

And who do i blame ??? WOODY.  He should have realized that Rex had to be controlled by a strong GM.  They could have kept Tanny as the contract and cap guy that worked under a "director of draft and personnel" who kept bot of them from destroying the roster.   But NOOOOO.  Woody cant seem to get his head out from up his sublimely, ignorant and privileged ass.

Bad Santa Blank Stare GIF