Integrity28

Data point beat down - Greeny

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

Hence why Douglas used a pick on a Punter.  4D chess right there.

Haha... what WRs we’re still in th hoard at that point?

2 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Haha... what WRs we’re still in th hoard at that point?

Quez Watkins, James Proche, Isaiah Hodgins, Dezmon Patton, Freddie Swain, Jauan Jennings, K.J. Hill and Tyrie Cleveland were the WR's taken after we took Mann. 

• Upvote 2

I posted this earlier today somewhere on here, it was brutally eye opening. 33 TDS to 93 punts?!?!!?!?!!?

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

11 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Hence why Douglas used a pick on a Punter.  4D chess right there.

If Mann has a career arc similar as Sam Koch (Go Huskers), I'm ok with the pick.

• Upvote 2

What a beautiful summation of Gase's career. This is the guy they picked to come up with a scheme that Darnold could execute and to coach Darnold...

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

19 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Srsly with these numbers - how can anyone argue in favor of this guy?

Yeah, it’s bleak. IMO, he has three more games to turn the tide before the bottom falls out. 

• Upvote 2

41 minutes ago, SR24 said:

I posted this earlier today somewhere on here, it was brutally eye opening. 33 TDS to 93 punts?!?!!?!?!!?

clockwork orange.gif

• Haha 2

What’s the leuage average ratio and what are the numbers excluding Luke falk?

I have a suspicion that CJ is setting Gase up. By calling him a Brilliant Offensive Mind, CJ is parroting the theme that got Gase both of his HC jobs. And Gase has never pushed back on that theme. He never comes out and says things like "I'm just a football coach", "Everyone runs the same plays", etc...  Rather, he says sh*t like, "I watched the film, and wouldn't change even one of the offensive play calls", after the O looked like crap for 60 minutes (well, more like 20 minutes). He clearly is an arrogant A-hole who rose through the ranks too quickly.

So, when CJ calls him a Brilliant Offensive Mind, he sets the bar for what is "success" very high.  It is tantamount to a playoff or else mandate. CJ has essentially issued a Top Offense mandate. The longer the O looks bad, the more likely Gase will be relieved of his HC duties before the seasons end.

CJ is playing 3D chess. By making his brilliant offensive mind statement, he cajoled the press into making the case to fire Adam Gase. So, when CJ makes the drastic decision to fire a HC during a season, the press will be supportive of the decision. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

All y’all arguing over Sam, but I fervently believe we’ve seen enough from him to justify him starting for us. I pretty much refuse to accept a strategy that ships San out, so he can thrive elsewhere, while we double-down on Gase.

Even if we draft a QB next season, find a way to keep Sam... give them both a new coach. Best player starts. Foles/Wentz.

I spent about 1.5 hours on Sunday evening putting together an entire post with tons of data showcasing why Gase is awful and why we should have known it based on his time with Miami (guess what, all of the down splits, situational splits, and general offensive production rates during his time with the Jets are fully in line with his Miami tenure....it's ******* pathetic). The other damning aspect I looked at was the difference in production between players' time with Gase and without. Lastly, I looked at how convenient it was that Gase always had a built in excuse because his teams always happened to be hit with the injury bug - and how a coach actually has a lot of influence on conditioning injuries. 

However, I ultimately decided not to post it because everyone is out for Sam's blood because it's the easiest mouth-breathing take available, and I've already eaten so many buttfumbles and thumbdowns since Dec 2018 when it was even rumored that we'd be hiring Gase (a proven loser) over Kliff, Rhule (both first time coaches; i.e., unknowns) or McCarthy (SB winner). 

I didn't want Sam in the draft, but after we picked him I did a ton of digging and started to like him. His progression in his rookie year with Bates was solid to the point where I was finally excited for a drafted Jets QB for the first time in my life. Then we hire Gase and already I was upset. Still, I thought, only 1 HC in NFL history has ever won a Lombardy trophy at his HC job, and maybe the Miami failure was just what Gase needed. Unfortunately, right out of the gate, it was obvious that Gase sucked. Sam's regression in year 2 until he had to make Gase change up his playbook was tangible. The combination of an extraordinarily easy final 8 games and his talk with Gase is what led his final year 2 numbers to look respectable, but from a purely developmental standpoint, it was marginal at best. He was still being put in positions where he'd have trouble deciphering the defense pre-snap and was still generally a 1 read QB until the play broke down, in which case he was terrific. Gase doesn't make anything easy for a young athlete playing QB; his offenses are designed for a Peyton/Matt Ryan/Phillip Rivers type.    

Going into last year and this year, I didn't care what our record would be. I didn't care what the surrounding circumstances were. I wanted to see development. Unfortunately, that hasn't happened. We're at a point now where I'm essentially writing off his 3rd year after just the first game, because it's headed by Gase. We'll have Darnold on his rookie deal for 1 more year, and then will have to pay him a boatload of money for either his 5th year or an extension - and unfortunately, I have no idea what to expect out of him. Is he so far broken that he can't be fixed with another OC/HC? Or is his natural talent still so strong and he so young that this would just be a blip in the road and a real OC/HC would actually make a material difference - a la Harbough for Alex Smith? I have no idea, and it's such a remarkably sh*tty circumstance we're in all because we decided to hire the only proven loser available when we had other guys clamoring for the job specifically because of Darnold. 

I'm at the point now where I genuinely hope they sit Sam, go 0-16 so they can draft Lawrence without having to give up any additional picks, fire Gase and the entire offensive coaching staff, and start over. Hopefully Douglas uses all of next year's picks on offense, and Trevor and Sam can fight it out in camp. I don't know what else to say. Even more than being upset about the all-world combination of Idzik and Macc running player personnel over the past 8 years, I'm so exhausted from being upset about the way they've handled the development of the first viable potential FQB we've had in my 34 year lifetime. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

Srsly with these numbers - how can anyone argue in favor of this guy?

^^

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. The poo flinger is right.

• Upvote 2

Sam Darnold also wanted Gase to be his HC. Seems that people forgot about that

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Umm. Do you expect him to say anything different?

This was before Gase was hired

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Yeah, it’s bleak. IMO, he has three more games to turn the tide before the bottom falls out. 

That’s a tough proposition for the ‘never shoulda hired’ crowd, but being that he’s here. I agree, 1/4 of this season is about all I’d hope they tolerate.

Then the situation becomes, what do we do with Sam? How many OC and HC combinations can they throw at him before the fans say, ‘hey, you guys ducked this up - not the 23 yr old’?

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

6 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

star-trek-3D-chess-1024x537.jpg

Not to belabor the issue, but how in the heck do you play 4D chess in a reality bound by 3D world?  That's just layered 3D chess.

• Upvote 3
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Gase always had a built in excuse

My favorite similarity between Rex and Gase, both of the are epic excuse makers. Most grifters are. 

Woody must have a neon sign over his head, considering how many high profile con men target him as a rube.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

I pretty much refuse to accept a strategy that ships San out, so he can thrive elsewhere

Well in that case I guess JD will have to go back to the drawing board