Drain the swamp! MetLife Stadium ranked among worst NFL venues

joewilly12

Drain the swamp! MetLife Stadium ranked among worst NFL venues

Updated 5:52 PM; Today 4:28 PM 

Giants and Jets fans won’t be able to attend NFL games this season at MetLife Stadium because of the coronavirus.

According to ESPN, they won’t be missing much.

The Worldwide Leader ranked all 28 NFL stadiums, judging them on atmosphere, features, traditions, tailgating, location, cost and history. MetLife Stadium checked in at No. 21. Here’s why:

What’s good: The chants. “J-E-T-S, JETS, JETS, JETS!” -- famously led for many years by Fireman Ed -- is a true original. “De-Fense!” -- coined by Giants fans at old Yankee Stadium -- no longer wholly belongs to the G-Men but always feels right in Gotham. The stadium’s location isn’t ideal but gets a boost for having a train stop.

What needs work: The aesthetic isn’t great. One NFL Nation writer described it as an “oversized air conditioner with unsightly slats.” Much like Levi’s Stadium in the Bay Area, getting a consistent winner in here would do wonders.

ESPN also noted that MetLife Stadium has hosted two playoff games in the last decade, and one of them was Super Bowl XLVIII.

It’s also worth mentioning the ranking did not include the two new stadiums which opened this year: SoFi Stadium (Rams and Chargers) and Allegiant Stadium (Raiders).

The only stadiums ranking worse than MetLife Stadium are:

22. Soldier Field, Bears

23. Gillette Stadium, Patriots

24. Bank of America Stadium, Panthers

25. Hard Rock Stadium, Dolphins

26. Paul Brown Stadium, Bengals

27. TIAA Bank Field, Jaguars

28. FedEx Field, Washington Football Team

As for the top five:

1. Lambeau Field, Packers

2. CenturyLink Field, Seahawks

3. Arrowhead Stadium, Chiefs

4. Heinz Field, Steelers

5. U.S. Bank Stadium

The Philadelphia Eagles narrowly missed the top five, withLincoln Financial Field coming in at No. 7.

All I say is I was offering my services gratis to the Committee to help bring the WSS to the Jets, complete with retractable dome and tied to NEEDED Exhibition Space for NY, moderate housing and luxury shopping and eating, as well ongoing revenue for license purchasers and LUNATICS were saying that NJ would be better......

Now we can honestly say that what we have now is better than this...

2026 New Jets Stadium. There is no franchise in sports like… | by Ira  Hernowitz | Medium

• Sympathy 5

1 hour ago, Y3k said:

I mean, the people in this forum fill the stands.

No, they don’t, actually. 

They just complain about a stadium they do not patronize and whine about the noise made by enemy fans in the seats they don’t sit in. 

Tell them to “show up or shut up”.  They have no answer for that. 

SAR I

47 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Seeing some of the other new stadiums just makes metlife look all the worse.

....says Jets fans who are wearing 10 year old shoes and driving Kia’s.  Surely they are the arbiters of style and high-fashion and need a pretty stadium to feel complete.  

“It’s too quiet!” yeah, turn up your TV and chomp stale pretzels. 

“Too many enemy fans!” really, well Stubhub offers $20 seats to any game, lazy ass. 

“It’s ugly!” nice Member’s Only jacket, pops. 

SAR I

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, jgb said:

So people who don’t spend money and hours of time on what they consider to be a trash product are the ones who aren’t discerning enough. Riiiiight.

It's like complaining 2x a month for the better part of 10 years about the design of the Beverly Hills Hotel when you have never stayed there.

MetLife Stadium is designed to please PSL holders.  And it does.

SAR I

2 hours ago, Charlie Brown said:

All I say is I was offering my services gratis to the Committee to help bring the WSS to the Jets, complete with retractable dome and tied to NEEDED Exhibition Space for NY, moderate housing and luxury shopping and eating, as well ongoing revenue for license purchasers and LUNATICS were saying that NJ would be better......

Now we can honestly say that what we have now is better than this...

2026 New Jets Stadium. There is no franchise in sports like… | by Ira  Hernowitz | Medium

Let's see.

WSS was going to hold 70,000 people.  MetLife Holds 82,500.

WSS had no parking and no tailgating.  MetLife has limitless parking and taligates as far as the eye can see.

WSS was going to have average seating costing $250.  MetLife seats average $125.

WSS was going to attract far more enemy fans, as if MetLife wasn't bringing enough way out of the city.

WSS was going to have 25% of its seats as suites and clubs.  MetLife has less than 13%.

WSS was predicated on mass transit.  In Manhattan.  MetLife is infinitely more accessible.

Be careful what you wish for.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, SAR I said:

It's like complaining 2x a month for the better part of 10 years about the design of the Beverly Hills Hotel when you have never stayed there.

MetLife Stadium is designed to please PSL holders.  And it does.

SAR I

This isn’t a place for casual Jets fans. Almost everyone has been there who posts here often. Why does it hurt your feelings so badly to say it’s kind of an ugly stadium? Besides who cares if Jets didn’t suck, no one would care about the aesthetics.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, jgb said:

This isn’t a place for casual Jets fans. Almost everyone has been there who posts here often.

Of the dozens of us who post daily and hundreds of us who post monthly I think maybe 5 have PSL’s and 10 are season ticket holders.  Some of the loudest voices against the stadium live in Florida, Virginia, California, even Europe. 

3 hours ago, jgb said:

Why does it hurt your feelings so badly to say it’s kind of an ugly stadium?

I’m not a fan of overreaction or hypocrisy. People that don’t regularly attend games or have season tickets should not care about the appearance of a stadium that isn’t intended for their use. 

3 hours ago, jgb said:

Besides who cares if Jets didn’t suck, no one would care about the aesthetics.

Agreed.  It’s really not a matter of sucking or aesthetics, it’s a matter of incessant Eeyore’s looking for any SOJF reasons to hate on the team they (supposedly) support, and the fact that there are more Jets fans in MetLife every Sunday than there are Seahawk fans or Patriots fans in their respective stadiums is a source of pride they should recognize. It’s the diehard fans that matter, not the color of the plastic seats and aluminum facade. 

SAR I