Joe Burrow > Sam Darnold

Jet hustle

1 minute ago, jetscrazey said:

Burrow definitely seems calmer in the pocket.

Sam's internal clock has been ruined by 2 years of not having an o-line.  He's all jumpy now and can't relax and see the field.  It's gonna take time for him to get his confidence back.  Luckily Becton and Fant look ok.  The interior needs some work.

Sam's confidence is gone because he can't hit a wide receiver. A decent quarterback will still get things done with a line like ours.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 3

https://www.nfl.com/news/qb-index-week-2-josh-allen-cam-newton-surge-up-ranks

Rank

Sam Darnold

Sam Darnold
New York Jets · QB

2020 stats: 1 game | 60.0 pct | 215 pass yds | 6.1 ypa | 1 pass TD | 1 INT | 6 rush yds | 0 rush TD | 0 fumbles lost

Would the Browns and Jets trade their starting quarterbacks straight up for Josh Allen, the player they bypassed to draft Mayfield (No. 1) and Darnold (No. 3) in 2018? While Allen is steadily improving, Darnold shares many of Mayfield's bad habits, including delivering too many throws off his back foot, seeing occasional ghosts in the pocket and tossing uncatchable passes on third-and-long. A fair evaluation will have to wait until Darnold has the simultaneous luxury of a healthy backfield, receiving corps and offensive line. It's hard to find a less talented supporting cast entering Week 2.

The Jets have destroyed Sam's career. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Irish Jet said:

Am I the only one who didn't think he was that good?

Like he was fine and his line was abysmal but people are acting like he was incredible. It was mostly checkdowns and short passes and he was lucky not to get picked on some errand throws, lost a pretty bad fumble that killed them. In 61 attempts only a single completion over 20 yards. Nothing too overwhelming to be honest. 

Baker was far better on the night. But no one likes him so I guess this is the narrative.

no, you aren't  the only one. I was saying this in the thread.  Even the announcers stopped kissing his feet in the second half. People her only want to pile in Sam because he had a bad game. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Irish Jet said:

Am I the only one who didn't think he was that good?

Like he was fine and his line was abysmal but people are acting like he was incredible. It was mostly checkdowns and short passes and he was lucky not to get picked on some errand throws, lost a pretty bad fumble that killed them. In 61 attempts only a single completion over 20 yards. Nothing too overwhelming to be honest. 

Baker was far better on the night. But no one likes him so I guess this is the narrative.

No, you're not the only one.  37 completions at 5.2 per.  RB Jamaal Charles averaged more ypc than that his career.  So, I'm with you, I thought it was quite pedestrian, especially considering how loaded that offense is, that was the ultimate dink and dunk festival.  I hate Bakery Mayflower with a passion and he was considerably better, granted, the Bengals defense is terrible.

I will say, he's better than I expected and he clearly has a nice feel for the offense.  They've made it so easy for him to execute.  Quick reads, short routes, great WR's.  

On a side note, is Joe Mixon the most overrated player in the NFL?  dude sucks.

Mixon and Green are automatically better then anything the jets have.  if the poster saying that they're using plays from Burrow's time at LSU, then they already have a better coaching staff.  Good coaches set up offenses and playbooks AROUND their young studs.  They don't force them into something they aren't good at.  square peg, round hole.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

Burrow is going to be a star.

Still stuck out to me though that Joe Burrow has more weapons to throw the football to than Sam does though. Just to be fair. 

We're finally starting to fix the O-Line but how we have not gone out and gotten Sam a real legit receiver to throw the football to is ridiculous. 

It immediately jumped out at me that both teams have speed at wr and rb.  Then you consider bell, gore and hogan.

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, JiF said:

No, you're not the only one.  37 completions at 5.2 per.  RB Jamaal Charles averaged more ypc than that his career.  So, I'm with you, I thought it was quite pedestrian, especially considering how loaded that offense is, that was the ultimate dink and dunk festival.  I hate Bakery Mayflower with a passion and he was considerably better, granted, the Bengals defense is terrible.

I will say, he's better than I expected and he clearly has a nice feel for the offense.  They've made it so easy for him to execute.  Quick reads, short routes, great WR's.  

On a side note, is Joe Mixon the most overrated player in the NFL?  dude sucks.

Burrow will be an effficcient dinker with an occasional longer throw like chad Pennington.  He doesn’t have a big arm but that’s ok.