Joe Burrow > Sam Darnold

Jet hustle

37 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Please allow me to retort ... Say you the same of last week ?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

I think you are giving too much credence to one game. 

We have seen Sam play much better than that. Joe Burrow is going to have a bunch of bad games. He pretty much had one yesterday.  

43 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

Burrow will be an effficcient dinker with an occasional longer throw like chad Pennington.  He doesn’t have a big arm but that’s ok.

His arm looked fine to me.  He’s not a young Marino but he’s not a Chad or Fitz

what I was so impressed by with Burrow was his thorough grasp of the offense.  He was running no huddle in the 4th quarter with no preseason and half a TC

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, SR24 said:

I read on Twitter last the Bengals implemented plays from LSU into their playbook for him. Yet we can’t do this for Sam 

Because we hire idiots who don't understand how the NFL works. Gase has his system and that's it. Rarely does he adjust. It took him until the Ravens game last year to put a fullback in front of Bell to try and open some holes for him. 

Any smart coach would understand that you build the team around the QB you drafted. You don't don't change the QB, because then he becomes the player you didn't draft.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Burrow looked better last night than Darnold did in Buffalo (Darnold looked terrible against Buffalo). That being said,

Bengals backfield is Mixon and Bernard. Would Bell even crack the top 3 there now?

Bengals WRs are AJ Green, Tyler Boyd, Tee Higgins and John Ross. Would you take Perriman (the Jets alleged number 1 WR) over any of the Bengals WRs? Maybe over Ross (who played well in spurts last year), but that's it.

It is criminal how Joe Douglas has ignored the WR corp on this team.

• Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, TeddEY said:

That last one?  You sure?

hw may times to i have to go back and show you the tweets? the ones which no one ever comments on cos they show a qb at usc who has all the sh*tty habits we see...in 2017....     its a false narrative....     cos people like hilite reels...

sams jittery pocket habits, bad footwork....locking onto 1st read... he's been working with Jordan Palmer since 2018....

Gase didnt break sh*t, neither did the Bates guy and bowles....

both these guys also have positive things to say, as well, you can go see those too...

but the problems have always been there...Crist said "Rodgers meets Bortles!! "

I have tried messagung both guys to see what they think going into 2020, w/o response....

there is some chance he rights da ship, but the probability is low...

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

Because we hire idiots who don't understand how the NFL works. Gase has his system and that's it. Rarely does he adjust. It took him until the Ravens game last year to put a fullback in front of Bell to try and open some holes for him. 

Any smart coach would understand that you build the team around the QB you drafted. You don't don't change the QB, because then he becomes the player you didn't draft.

We don't hire idiots. The Johnson hire idiots. They are complete failures as owners.  Their sole job is bring in good football people and they haven't. 

The Johnsons , other than being members of the Lucky Sperm club are complete failures.

Hope that wasn't too direct. :)

• Upvote 4

59 minutes ago, maury77 said:

Burrow looked better last night than Darnold did in Buffalo (Darnold looked terrible against Buffalo). That being said,

Bengals backfield is Mixon and Bernard. Would Bell even crack the top 3 there now?

Bengals WRs are AJ Green, Tyler Boyd, Tee Higgins and John Ross. Would you take Perriman (the Jets alleged number 1 WR) over any of the Bengals WRs? Maybe over Ross (who played well in spurts last year), but that's it.

It is criminal how Joe Douglas has ignored the WR corp on this team.

while evefryone and thier canky gramma was roasting gase last year "he doesnt know how to utilize him" i was saying that he was the slowest RB in the NFL. yhou watch other games and its jumps out at you   never mind the commentary about how we should have audibled...

10 hours ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

Burrow is going to be a star.

Still stuck out to me though that Joe Burrow has more weapons to throw the football to than Sam does though. Just to be fair. 

We're finally starting to fix the O-Line but how we have not gone out and gotten Sam a real legit receiver to throw the football to is ridiculous. 

Burrow looks good, but I can't shake the fact that he looks like a little kid out there that is taking too many hits. I hope I'm wrong, but not sure he can last a season with a decent amount of punishment. Also, two very mediocre teams makes for a good game. I think Sam is younger than Burrow - correction me if I'm wrong. Sam can sling it with all of these guys and he'll get on track once he gets some of his receivers back and Herndon actually shows up.

15 hours ago, jetscrazey said:

Burrow definitely seems calmer in the pocket, progressing through reads well.

Sam's internal clock has been ruined by 2 years of not having an o-line.  He's all jumpy now and can't relax and see the field.  It's gonna take time for him to get his confidence back.  Luckily Becton and Fant look ok.  The interior needs some work.

Sam's been Sam. Ruin is your fantasy that pretends all his sh*ttiness wasnt always there.

go see the pre-draft tweets. He's just doing the same ol Sam sh*t.

Sam 15/31 0 TD/2 INT

Joe 37/61 3 TD/ 0 INT

it's not even close.....

tweets at Eliot_Crist and Ryan_McCrystal