GreenBean’s Thoughts on Week 2 (49ers)

JetNation

NY Jets Talk

GreenBean is at CenturyLink Field in Seattle and he is here to talk about Sam Darnold and the Jets week 2 matchup against the 49ers.

Don’t worry about Sam not being able to make the throws physically. The Jets have to make sure Sam doesn’t get rattled mentally long term. This year there was no preseason, there was so much change with a new offensive line. Sam needs to settle in but he can, we know he can.

The 49ers are up next, and they were in the Super Bowl last year. If the Jets team that showed up last week against the Bills shows up again, this won’t be good. They can play better than that, we know this. In 2020 injuries are a big concern and this is impacting the 49ers this week. GreenBean takes a deep dive and talks about the full injury list for San Francisco.

Game Prediction? Watch the video for some good news and be sure to let us know what you think in our NY Jets board.

The post GreenBean’s Thoughts on Week 2 (49ers) appeared first on JetNation.com (NY Jets Blog & Forum).

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs
9klGeyKRaKA

Click here to read the full story...

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

Great Job GB! CBGB. I can see the Jets possibly winning this game also but Im not as positive a fan as you are because we are hurting pretty badly also. Ton of injuries. We just lost Bell who was coming along nicely as a receiver. Crowder possibly a no go. Middle linebackers a mess - I can't even remember all our injuries. I do expect it to be a competitive relatively close game but Im not sure who will come out on top. Gase will need a good game plan and the Jets need to execute it well. Is that possible? Is Gase having a good game plan with the players we do have possible? Unknowns.

• Sympathy 1

Can't we just try something out of the Box?. Make Huff active and tell him whenever he is on the field don't even worry about the run or coverage, just pin your ears back and get the QB. That is what LT said in the 1st year he did since he didn't know how to do anything else and they said just keep doing that. Greatest pass rusher of all time. Heck, if we are to lose lets at least try something like this and maybe at the very least we can see if we have a pass rusher.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

16 minutes ago, UnknownJetFan said:

Can't we just try something out of the Box?. Make Huff active and tell him whenever he is on the field don't even worry about the run or coverage, just pin your ears back and get the QB. That is what LT said in the 1st year he did since he didn't know how to do anything else and they said just keep doing that. Greatest pass rusher of all time. Heck, if we are to lose lets at least try something like this and maybe at the very least we can see if we have a pass rusher.

Bryce Huff:  The next Lawrence Taylor.  Let's gooooooooo

38 minutes ago, UnknownJetFan said:

If we do that though then what's next? Throw the ball down the field? Put people in motion? Get creative? What you're asking for is unreasonable. 

Giant mosquitoes remind me of Will Ferrell in Land of the Lost! Everybody on this Board needs to stop panicking and questioning whether or not Joe Douglas is a good GM or Sam darnold was a bad pick. Holy crap the sky is falling you bunch of panicky panickers! It was one f****** bad game! I'm sure Emperor Gase is going to turn this all around. Have faith brethren, put your trust in Crazy Eyes. He shall lead us to the promised land.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

Great Job GB! CBGB. I can see the Jets possibly winning this game also but Im not as positive a fan as you are because we are hurting pretty badly also. Ton of injuries. We just lost Bell who was coming along nicely as a receiver. Crowder possibly a no go. Middle linebackers a mess - I can't even remember all our injuries. I do expect it to be a competitive relatively close game but Im not sure who will come out on top. Gase will need a good game plan and the Jets need to execute it well. Is that possible? Is Gase having a good game plan with the players we do have possible? Unknowns.

Tall order I know. But I think it really boils down to Sam. If he understands that he can trust his OL he will be better. If he’s better we compete. If we compete we can win. The niners are decimated with injuries.
It’s a good time to play them.

I just hate helping the Seahawks out with a victory. lol

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

I’m totally game for a plan like that. Few coaches have the balls of a parcels to think out of the box like that. I think Gregg Williams can but I don’t know if he will.
JD should just say “hey Gregg. I want this guy to be a success. Get it done. And get it done now!”
Huff has the Burst and bend. He can develop nicely of they give him one job to do.

2 hours ago, GREENBEAN said:

I’m totally game for a plan like that. Few coaches have the balls of a parcels to think out of the box like that. I think Gregg Williams can but I don’t know if he will.
JD should just say “hey Gregg. I want this guy to be a success. Get it done. And get it done now!”
Huff has the Burst and bend. He can develop nicely of they give him one job to do. emoji3.png

JN continually compares our unproven guys to HOFers...

2 bad years from Sam= Brees/Aikman/Manning incoming...

how many HOFers do the Jets have???"

2 i can think of. Maynard and Namath, from 50 yrs ago.....   

3 hours ago, Losmeister said:

JN continually compares our unproven guys to HOFers...

2 bad years from Sam= Brees/Aikman/Manning incoming...

how many HOFers do the Jets have???"

2 i can think of. Maynard and Namath, from 50 yrs ago.....   

Mawae and Curtis Martin.  So Far. I can see Revis, Mangold and potentially D'Brick maybe. That guy missed like 1 snap his whole career or something like that. 

But I hear ya. We just want guys to make it. It's not a negative trait of our fandom. It will happen eventually. 

In truth I don't care all THAT much about the HOF guys.  I would love it of course but having teams made up of Chrebet, Keyshawn, Richie Anderson, Jerald Sowell, Lavernous Coles, Jericho Cotchery, Brad Smith types would be just fine by me. 

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, GREENBEAN said:

Tall order I know. But I think it really boils down to Sam. If he understands that he can trust his OL he will be better. If he’s better we compete. If we compete we can win. The niners are decimated with injuries.
It’s a good time to play them.

I just hate helping the Seahawks out with a victory. lol

gordon ramsay princess GIF by Fox TV

Well, Kittle is out. 

My biggest concern is that Niner D-line and Pass rush. If the O-line gets overwhelmed early on and Gase can't adjust (I have little confidence that he will be able to), then the Jets will be in trouble regardless of who is out at CB for the Niners.