More Cowbell

Better hope Sam can get it together

Based on week 1, I think the top two candidates for #1 are Miami and Jets. I wouldn't mind Jags getting 1, either, I'd trade for Minshew and not look back. Dude is a gamer. In fact, he's such a gamer I don't think they'll get the #1.

• Upvote 1

The 

19 minutes ago, Icer said:

The Bengals will be in contention, but the Browns have too much talent to be in the conversation. Minshew elevates the Jags who are bereft of talent, a shocking concept I know.

The Dolphins look like a serious threat for the top pick, and we play them twice. Still too early though, the bottom could fall out for one of these other teams like the Lions, Giants, Washington, etc.

I think the Bungles will win enough to not be top pick. I see it as a two way race between us and Miami. Which would be so Jetsy for us to get #2 and Miami to get #1 because we know they will not trade the ticket to Trevor to us no matter what we offer.

2 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

Depending on how this all plays out for the remainder of the season, I would be more in favor of just drafting Fields if he were to be available to the Jets.  This way I can keep the rest of my draft capital to fill out the offense.   So much of this will change however.  

Lots will change that is true. Hopefully we pick 1 and don't have to even worry about a trade.

Just now, TeddEY said:

It's not unrealistic to think that a team like the Bengals or the Dolphins get the #1 pick and end up having to use it.  The market won't be that vast as a lot of bad teams have recently invested in young QBs, and many of the teams that may be looking for one could still be average this year.

It also may be too soon to say that Fields shouldn't be the pick, regardless.

Definitely could be too soon. But my opinion is there will be at least one team (probably more) willing to mortgage an absurd amount to draft Lawrence #1 overall. Could be perfect storm for a real old fashioned bidding war.

2 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

There often is, so obviously I won't discount that.  But, it depends on what the team at #1 wants.  If a team lands at 10, maybe the #1 doesn't want to drop that far.  Maybe they still love someone top 3?  All I'm suggesting is that there's a good chance, if you want #1 this year, you're going to need to be top 5 to get there.  Certainly could be wrong.

I think a more interesting question--if I may--is what if Jets are sitting on the clock at #1 and someone offers a Ricky Williams type trade. What does Joe do?

1 minute ago, TeddEY said:

Depends where the next pick is coming from.  If I think I can get Fields, and I feel good about him in April, make the deal.  If it means I'm not getting a QB, then I'm out.

Fair. What about if it's includes dropping to #5. No guarantees there. 

28 minutes ago, Greensleeves said:

I guess you missed the Browns scoring 6 points against the Ravens

More than confident Browns win more games than Jets this year. Ravens very well might be in SB this year and have the best D in the NFL.

11 minutes ago, Greensleeves said:

Yeah, the sky is falling after one game with a ton of new players and no preseason. This won't happen and we'll be in the divisional race a lot longer than the last few years because no-one is running away with it this year.

Welp, we will have to wait and see who is right 

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, LockeJET said:

Jets are the worst team in the league. On paper and the field. We won't win more than 2 games. 

It is funny how we tie ourselves in knots to explain away garbage Jets performances but give no other team the same courtesy. Instead it’s OMFG BAKER ONLY SCORED 6 AGSNT RAVENS—-BAH HA HA THA SUCKK!

2 minutes ago, Shea Jet said:

You're judging the Browns, on the Road, against a 14-2 team as if that's their Barometer? 

Dude, the Jets are the WORST team in the NFL.

The Jets played as you call them, the Horrible Defense Bengals fairly recently. How did Darnold do? 7 points??? You talking about ANY other team or QB in the League negatively is a sad joke.

Right now: Jets 32nd out of 32

Gase 32nd out of 32

Darnold 32nd out of 32

Hey 47 year old Ryan Fitzpatrick might be 32

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company