More Cowbell

Better hope Sam can get it together

because  from what I saw last night,  those two teams will be battling for the first pick. I think thebBengals D is about the worst I ever saw and Baker opened up the door for the Bengals to come back with that late pick. We won't  get close to getting Lawrence.  

Based on week 1, I think the top two candidates for #1 are Miami and Jets. I wouldn't mind Jags getting 1, either, I'd trade for Minshew and not look back. Dude is a gamer. In fact, he's such a gamer I don't think they'll get the #1.

• Upvote 1

Sorry Cowbell, the Browns won't be competing for the top overall pick. I know Baker is a flawed quarterback but I cannot see them losing more than 8 to 9 games. Most average quarterbacks could do well with that collection of ALL-STAR skill position players. Baker has been handed a dream situation.

As for the Bengals, I'm impressed with Joe Burrow, he has great pocket presence/awareness. I wish we could put Darnold in that offense the Bengals are running. Dink and dunk could build Darnold's confidence. Let the receivers get some YAC.

• Upvote 4

I felt better about our chances for Lawrence after last night.  They both looked like they 74 Steelers next to the sh*t I saw last Sunday.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

Jets will be lucky to win 4 games so have one of the best shots at the #1 pick.  Gase will be fired (if not fans need to revolt) and joe d has a big decision to make 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:

You think the Jets looked better than the Browns or Bengals? I don't see it, at all.

Yeah,  I do. Did you see the back to back long runs with the game on the line in the 4th qrt by the Browns? I didn't  see a second half defensive collapse  from the Jets against the Bills like that. 

51 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

Sorry Cowbell, the Browns won't be competing for the top overall pick. I know Baker is a flawed quarterback but I cannot see them losing more than 8 to 9 games. Most average quarterbacks could do well with that collection of ALL-STAR skill position players. Baker has been handed a dream situation.

As for the Bengals, I'm impressed with Joe Burrow, he has great pocket presence/awareness. I wish we could put Darnold in that offense the Bengals are running. Dink and dunk could build Darnold's confidence. Let the receivers get some YAC.

we all saw how Baker flushed that same O down the toilet last season.

29 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Next QB of the Jets ..

https://fanbuzz.com/college-softball/alyssa-derrick-football-throw/

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

I heard the Jets are finalizing their tank plan for the 2027 draft to make sure they land Arch Manning.  Gase is super awesomely pumped!  Dowell Loggains could not be reached for comment he was busy picking up the Chic Fil A order for the interns.

• Haha 2

Both Cinnci and Cleveland have better rosters than the Jets, I’m still not sure people realize just how bad this Jets’s roster is right now.   

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

Both Cinnci and Cleveland have better rosters than the Jets, I’m still not sure people realize just how bad this Jets’s roster is right now.   
I'd almost respect this team more if they said you know what we're going to sit Sam darnold for the remainder of his career until we've surrounded him with amazing talent ...in the meantime enjoy the consolation prize of watching James Morgan in our second string starters... Oh yeah and free cotton candy and peanuts for everyone

• Haha 1

Yes I also hope the QB that the team invested 4 high picks in becomes competent 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

I'd almost respect this team more if they said you know what we're going to sit Sam darnold for the remainder of his career until we've surrounded him with amazing talent ...in the meantime enjoy the consolation prize of watching James Morgan in our second string starters... Oh yeah and free cotton candy and peanuts for everyone

We are so far away from amazing talent right now, I would take competent NFL talent right now.  

Please correct title to “better hope Gase gets it together”

After seeing that game, at least their coaches are somewhat trying to help the qbs by playing to their strengths. 

The next time i see Sam roll out or use play action or a jets RB run outside a tackle will be the first under the Gase regime.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

This team won't win more than 3 games. Take a look at the schedule. We are in competition with Miami and Bengals for the number 1 pick. This team will get worse, due to a lack of depth, as more injuries happen. 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

No what should happen is the HC should see the talent is sub par, and design a game plan around the strengths of his few talented players, and attack the other teams weaknesses.  I’ve seen Gase do neither ever while HC of the Jets.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

because  from what I saw last night,  those two teams will be battling for the first pick. I think thebBengals D is about the worst I ever saw and Baker opened up the door for the Bengals to come back with that late pick. We won't  get close to getting Lawrence.  

I really wish the draft changes and the best team is rewarded with the 1st  pick or it becomes a lottery , so this loser mentality would vanish.

• Haha 1

We'd get destroyed by both teams. We are undoubtedly the worst starting roster on both sides of the ball in the entire league. There's not one player opposing OCs or DCs even have to worry about, Our offense is a trainwreck and our WR CB Edge and RB rooms are all among the bottom 5 groups in the league especially with all these injuries. We're at the start of Joe D's full rebuild 

• Upvote 2

The Bengals will be in contention, but the Browns have too much talent to be in the conversation. Minshew elevates the Jags who are bereft of talent, a shocking concept I know.

The Dolphins look like a serious threat for the top pick, and we play them twice. Still too early though, the bottom could fall out for one of these other teams like the Lions, Giants, Washington, etc.

• Upvote 2

51 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

No what should happen is the HC should see the talent is sub par, and design a game plan around the strengths of his few talented players, and attack the other teams weaknesses.  I’ve seen Gase do neither ever while HC of the Jets.

What he should be doing is taking pressure  off Sam by running the ball.

3 minutes ago, Icer said:

The Bengals will be in contention, but the Browns have too much talent to be in the conversation. Minshew elevates the Jags who are bereft of talent, a shocking concept I know.

The Dolphins look like a serious threat for the top pick, and we play them twice. Still too early though, the bottom could fall out for one of these other teams like the Lions, Giants, Washington, etc.

Even Jacksonville’s roster is better than the Jets, particularly on offense.  Tell me that DJ Chark, James Robinson, Chris Conley, Tyler Eifert, Keenan Cole, Laviska Shenault, Collin Johnson and Dede Westbrook isn’t better than what the Jets put on the field on offense.  

1 hour ago, sec101row23 said:

Most teams that somehow finish worse than the Jets have better rosters. The Jets are bad at being bad too.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, More Cowbell said:

What he should be doing is taking pressure  off Sam by running the ball.

Everyone knows that though, that’s why defenses play the Jets in a 10 yard box.  Plus Gase has an incredibly predictable run game where he basically only runs it between 2 different gaps all game.  Combine that with never getting Sam out of the pocket and the Jets become the easiest offense in the NFL to defend.   The QB is always in the pocket and the RB always runs between the tackles.  It’s a complete joke. 

2 hours ago, playtowinthegame said:

I had never seen Burrow play before last night.  Gotta say the kid impressed me with his poise.   Just seemed like he was calm and belonged out there.

• Upvote 1

The 

19 minutes ago, Icer said:

I think the Bungles will win enough to not be top pick. I see it as a two way race between us and Miami. Which would be so Jetsy for us to get #2 and Miami to get #1 because we know they will not trade the ticket to Trevor to us no matter what we offer.

1 minute ago, jgb said:

The 

I think the Bungles will win enough to not be top pick. I see it as a two way race between us and Miami. Which would be so Jetsy for us to get #2 and Miami to get #1 because we know they will not trade the ticket to Trevor to us no matter what we offer.

Depending on how this all plays out for the remainder of the season, I would be more in favor of just drafting Fields if he were to be available to the Jets.  This way I can keep the rest of my draft capital to fill out the offense.   So much of this will change however.  

We are still going to compete for the division, I have no idea what you guys are blathering on about.

2 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

Depending on how this all plays out for the remainder of the season, I would be more in favor of just drafting Fields if he were to be available to the Jets.  This way I can keep the rest of my draft capital to fill out the offense.   So much of this will change however.  

Lots will change that is true. Hopefully we pick 1 and don't have to even worry about a trade.

23 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Most teams that somehow finish worse than the Jets have better rosters. The Jets are bad at being bad too.

Happens almost fail almost every year - last year was a particularly strong example. 

more than 60 attempts, 3 tds, 0 INTs...

can sam do that?

1 hour ago, sec101row23 said:

The Browns arguably have the best skills positions in the NFL.  Watching Chubb and Hunt run was a treat last night.  Wow.  They go 4 deep at WR and 3 deep at TE.  Strong OL.  Stupid good.  They should be scoring 30 a game.

The Bengals 4th WR is arguably as good as anyone on the Jets.  Mixon sucks but he can catch and Bernard is a nice back.  Decent TE's.  sh*tty OL.

The Jets have, a rookie LT.  When a rookie LT is the best player on your team, you suck.  You suck something awful.

• Upvote 2

29 minutes ago, jgb said:

25 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

It's not unrealistic to think that a team like the Bengals or the Dolphins get the #1 pick and end up having to use it.  The market won't be that vast as a lot of bad teams have recently invested in young QBs, and many of the teams that may be looking for one could still be average this year.

It also may be too soon to say that Fields shouldn't be the pick, regardless.

26 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

We are still going to compete for the division, I have no idea what you guys are blathering on about.

I'd bet you said this last year as well.

• Haha 2