Better hope Sam can get it together

More Cowbell

Just now, TeddEY said:

It's not unrealistic to think that a team like the Bengals or the Dolphins get the #1 pick and end up having to use it.  The market won't be that vast as a lot of bad teams have recently invested in young QBs, and many of the teams that may be looking for one could still be average this year.

It also may be too soon to say that Fields shouldn't be the pick, regardless.

Definitely could be too soon. But my opinion is there will be at least one team (probably more) willing to mortgage an absurd amount to draft Lawrence #1 overall. Could be perfect storm for a real old fashioned bidding war.

2 minutes ago, jgb said:

Definitely could be too soon. But my opinion is there will be at least one team (probably more) willing to mortgage an absurd amount to draft Lawrence #1 overall. Could be perfect storm for a real old fashioned bidding war.

There often is, so obviously I won't discount that.  But, it depends on what the team at #1 wants.  If a team lands at 10, maybe the #1 doesn't want to drop that far.  Maybe they still love someone top 3?  All I'm suggesting is that there's a good chance, if you want #1 this year, you're going to need to be top 5 to get there.  Certainly could be wrong.

2 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

There often is, so obviously I won't discount that.  But, it depends on what the team at #1 wants.  If a team lands at 10, maybe the #1 doesn't want to drop that far.  Maybe they still love someone top 3?  All I'm suggesting is that there's a good chance, if you want #1 this year, you're going to need to be top 5 to get there.  Certainly could be wrong.

I think a more interesting question--if I may--is what if Jets are sitting on the clock at #1 and someone offers a Ricky Williams type trade. What does Joe do?

Just now, jgb said:

I think a more interesting question--if I may--is what if Jets are sitting on the clock at #1 and someone offers a Ricky Williams type trade. What does Joe do?

Depends where the next pick is coming from.  If I think I can get Fields, and I feel good about him in April, make the deal.  If it means I'm not getting a QB, then I'm out.

1 minute ago, TeddEY said:

Depends where the next pick is coming from.  If I think I can get Fields, and I feel good about him in April, make the deal.  If it means I'm not getting a QB, then I'm out.

Fair. What about if it's includes dropping to #5. No guarantees there. 

4 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

because  from what I saw last night,  those two teams will be battling for the first pick. I think thebBengals D is about the worst I ever saw and Baker opened up the door for the Bengals to come back with that late pick. We won't  get close to getting Lawrence.  

Pot meet kettle. We HAVE a Winner for Dumbest Football Post of the day. Right now, ANY Jet fan calling OTHER teams contenders for worst team in football and first pick in the Draft is in Denial about his OWN team's reality.

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, jgb said:

Fair. What about if it's includes dropping to #5. No guarantees there. 

I'm out.

You don't pass on the opportunity to draft a FQB when you don't have one.  Our feelings on Darnold appear to be in sync.  There should be little we fear more than him going whatever it takes to get the #1 pick this year, and then giving him a bunch of weapons so he can perpetually keep us at 8-8, vastly decreasing the likelihood of us being in a position to pick up a QB.  Let's not get Chad Pennington'd.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, jgb said:

Based on week 1, I think the top two candidates for #1 are Miami and Jets. I wouldn't mind Jags getting 1, either, I'd trade for Minshew and not look back. Dude is a gamer. In fact, he's such a gamer I don't think they'll get the #1.

The Jets, with their roster coupled with the injuries can not compete with ANYONE.

No WRs who can get separation to help the young QB.  
No running game to help the young QB.

OL, upgraded somewhat from 2019’s 3rd worst in NFL history, but who knows by how much.

No Pass Rush...that always goes without saying.

Weak LB corps.

Suspect Secondary.

This actually might be the Worst team I’ve ever seen the Jets put on the field, and there have been many many bad ones.

Again, not only do I not think they can compete with anyone.  I don’t think this current 2020 Wk 2 version is even a pro team.

A HC who pretty much throws in the towel once the deficit in a game reaches double digits, but at least the Jets have his 5 foot tall henchman Loggains to help take Darnold “to the next level”, so at least there’s that.

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, Shea Jet said:

Pot meet kettle. We HAVE a Winner for Dumbest Football Post of the day. Right now, ANY Jet fan calling OTHER teams contenders for worst team in football and first pick in the Draft is in Denial about his OWN team's reality.

Sam will get better as the season goes on, we have seen this 2 years in a row. We have also seen baker suck for an entire seaon last year and the Bengals as well. I won almost bet the Bengals lose every  game with that defense. 

2 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Sam will get better as the season goes on, we have seen this 2 years in a row. We have also seen baker suck for an entire seaon last year and the Bengals as well. I won almost bet the Bengals lose every  game with that defense. 

The Browns are SO MUCH better than the Jets.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

12 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Anyone looks good against that defense. How did the Browns look in week 1?

The Browns Head Coach knows HOW to play Football.  The Jets Head Coaxh apparently does not. Browns have a backfield of Nick Chubb and Kareem Hunt,,Wideouts OBJ and Jarvis Landry. A QB, who at the very least is as good as Darnold. Right now, NOBODY is as bad as the Jets, NOT  EVEN the Bengals. 

Talk to me not after a Jets win...

Talk to me, when Jets resemble a functional football team with a gameplan.

4 hours ago, jgb said:

Based on week 1, I think the top two candidates for #1 are Miami and Jets. I wouldn't mind Jags getting 1, either, I'd trade for Minshew and not look back. Dude is a gamer. In fact, he's such a gamer I don't think they'll get the #1.

I guess you missed the Browns scoring 6 points against the Ravens

1 minute ago, LockeJET said:

Jets are the worst team in the league. On paper and tbe field. We won't win more than 2 games. 

Yeah, the sky is falling after one game with a ton of new players and no preseason. This won't happen and we'll be in the divisional race a lot longer than the last few years because no-one is running away with it this year.

11 minutes ago, Greensleeves said:

Yeah, the sky is falling after one game with a ton of new players and no preseason. This won't happen and we'll be in the divisional race a lot longer than the last few years because no-one is running away with it this year.

Welp, we will have to wait and see who is right 

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Shea Jet said:

The Browns Head Coach knows HOW to play Football.  The Jets Head Coaxh apparently does not. Browns have a backfield of Nick Chubb and Kareem Hunt,,Wideouts OBJ and Jarvis Landry. A QB, who at the very least is as good as Darnold. Right now, NOBODY is as bad as the Jets, NOT  EVEN the Bengals. 

Talk to me not after a Jets win...

Talk to me, when Jets resemble a functional football team with a gameplan.

Talk to me when you can answer a question I ask. 

29 minutes ago, LockeJET said:

Jets are the worst team in the league. On paper and the field. We won't win more than 2 games. 

It is funny how we tie ourselves in knots to explain away garbage Jets performances but give no other team the same courtesy. Instead it’s OMFG BAKER ONLY SCORED 6 AGSNT RAVENS—-BAH HA HA THA SUCKK!

4 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Talk to me when you can answer a question I ask. 

You're judging the Browns, on the Road, against a 14-2 team as if that's their Barometer? 

Dude, the Jets are the WORST team in the NFL.

The Jets played as you call them, the Horrible Defense Bengals fairly recently. How did Darnold do? 7 points??? You talking about ANY other team or QB in the League negatively is a sad joke.

Right now: Jets 32nd out of 32

Gase 32nd out of 32

Darnold 32nd out of 32

• Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, Shea Jet said:

You're judging the Browns, on the Road, against a 14-2 team as if that's their Barometer? 

The Jets played as you call them, the Horrible Defense Bengals fairly recently. How did Darnold do? 7 points??? You talking about ANY other team or QB in the League negatively is a sad joke.

Gase 32nd out of 32

Darnold 32nd out of 32

Hey 47 year old Ryan Fitzpatrick might be 32

25 minutes ago, Shea Jet said:

Gase 32nd out of 32

Darnold 32nd out of 32

And your judging them against the Bengals. 

It is my opinion the Jets will be better than the Browns as the season progresses. Baker is worse than Sam

4 hours ago, johnnysd said:

We are still going to compete for the division, I have no idea what you guys are blathering on about.

You being an insufferable, irrational homer and only seeing what you want to see is not everyone else's problem.

We're 0-1 in the division so your prediction is already in a lousy spot.  

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Greensleeves said:

I thought you guys didn't care about last season 

What about last season was supposed to be encouraging, and predictive of a successful 2020?  The -83 net points (8th worst in the NFL)?  The wins over Mason Rudolph/Devlin Hodges and Matt Barkley?

I do factor in 2019 into the equation.  It just doesn't end up with a conclusion that you want to hear.

15 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

What about last season was supposed to be encouraging, and predictive of a successful 2020?  The -83 net points (8th worst in the NFL)?  The wins over Mason Rudolph/Devlin Hodges and Matt Barkley?

I do factor in 2019 into the equation.  It just doesn't end up with a conclusion that you want to hear.

6-2 to end the season, QB with mono goes 7-6 to start. I think it was the best record in the NFL in the last 8 games - tied with a couple other teams.

8 hours ago, SR24 said:

We'd get destroyed by both teams. We are undoubtedly the worst starting roster on both sides of the ball in the entire league. There's not one player opposing OCs or DCs even have to worry about, Our offense is a trainwreck and our WR CB Edge and RB rooms are all among the bottom 5 groups in the league especially with all these injuries. We're at the start of Joe D's full rebuild 

Kind of scary to play us then. The abject humiliation of being defeated by the Jets adds an extra layer of pressure in and of itself.